Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-05-2002, 07:25 AM   #21
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
Forgot about Big Brother........ye Gods! What is the point of that??!!

Watching ten people sitting around in a house eating, talking and doing bejesus knows what else........has tv taken over our social lives to the point that we think watching other normal people doing perfectly normal stuff is entertainment? .......absolutely bizarre

I wonder if the appeal of trash tv is that it never changes it's format........week after week, month after month....you switch on the TV and know exactly what you are getting from certain shows?
Bigbrother is an odd one i think if you have no life you get into it but if you go out a lot you just dont care. Its bassically for people that dont have better things to do with there time.

jerry springer is quite amuzing from time to time esspecially at 2 in the morning when quite drunk and with ur mates.seriously though all of the people that go on that are quite stupid as is anyone that goes on national tv to confess there problems. But i would prefer to watch ten episodes of jerry than god awful trisha which quite frankly is the worst program ever i just wanna run up and slap that woman
Old 12-05-2002, 07:52 AM   #22
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Have you heard the latest one? A bunch of Z-list celebrities are to be shipped off to a colonic irrigation camp for a big brother detox-style fly-on-the-wall fella.

Are they going to put the last of the cocaine on a eyot in the middle of a crocodile-infested swamp? Make them fight to the death for a cameo role in a Daz advert? Oh, to have the job of designing these shows...

Celebrity big brother is a hilarious concept. It's Pop Will Eat Itself all over. Not that I've ever watched it, of course (I tried once, to see what all the fuss was about, and was treated to the sight of some loud-mouthed twat washing his testicles in the shower. Now, call me weird, but that's not my idea of entertainment)

The formula for all this is:

1) massive TV airtime to production cost ratio
2) the sheer voyeuristic spectacle of seeing intimate details of someone else's existence
3) young un/lovelies walking around in their pants and poking each other's bits.

Soaps, confessional chat shows, fly-on-the-wall and these appalling CCTV clip shows all have these elements. Hence we're stuck with it, as long as most people like 2) and 3)
Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 08:41 AM   #23
Sween
im quite stupid

i thought that im a clebrity get me out of here was a very good concept and i ment to get into that buit again i have a social life and that got in the way oh dear what a pity nevermind i know.

The celebs on big bro were of a very poor standard, at what point was anne diamond even considred a celebrity? The other clebe big bro they did was good because they had Jack dee in and hes funny and vennsa feltzs went crazy live on tv rotfl
Old 12-05-2002, 08:55 AM   #24
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

How about I'm a Celebrity, Lock the Door and Throw Away the Key.

Anne Diamond was a breakfast TV presenter in the 80s, and was pretty famous in her day. She went on to do some charity stuff to prevent cot death as a result of her own experience. As usual, though, once a woman in that business hits middle age the jobs suddenly disappear. Though she may have been cr@p all along, I can't remember.
Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:00 AM   #25
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Dunadan
How about I'm a Celebrity, Lock the Door and Throw Away the Key.

Anne Diamond was a breakfast TV presenter in the 80s, and was pretty famous in her day. She went on to do some charity stuff to prevent cot death as a result of her own experience. As usual, though, once a woman in that business hits middle age the jobs suddenly disappear. Though she may have been cr@p all along, I can't remember.
im old enough to rember what she did but really is she a celebrity. People like posh spice and kylie are celebs not hosts of crappy 80's breakfast shows with some bloke called nick.

how about i used to be a celebrity but now i want to get my carrer back on track.