Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-07-2002, 08:51 PM   #21
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

I was also disappointed that the VHS version did not have the trailer for "The Two Towers." I guess I wasn't paying attention. Heck, I might have held off the tape to buy a DVD player and the DVD had I known no trailer. To me, the film just seems so much more "complete" with the trailer coming in after the fade-to-black of Sam and Frodo in Emyn Muil.

Well, at least in November the wait won't be long for the real thing.....Where is the horn that was blowing..........
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 09:44 PM   #22
Entlover
Elven Warrior

In the final analysis, it will seem much more complete to go from LotR straight to TT then to RotK, without having to wade through trailers.Of course you can just stop it at the end. I
wonder if they'll release all 3 together in 2004.

Last edited by Entlover : 08-07-2002 at 09:45 PM.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 10:35 PM   #23
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul

Quote:
Originally posted by Entlover
In the final analysis, it will seem much more complete to go from LotR straight to TT then to RotK, without having to wade through trailers.Of course you can just stop it at the end. I
wonder if they'll release all 3 together in 2004.
They'll release all three in a special box set - that's a guarantee. They wouldn't join them together probably (not having credits at the end of FotR or TT). They could technically combine the three credits into one on RotK and have the other two movies creditless in the boxset - but I don't know what the union would have to say about that. And they wouldn't be able to fit all three on a single disc anyway so I don't think it really matters.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 11:38 PM   #24
olsonm
Elf Lord

It was reported a bit ago that the Fan Club credits had to be moved to the special edition because they took up to much memory.
Old 08-08-2002, 02:05 AM   #25
Entlover
Elven Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jerseydevil
[B]

They'll release all three in a special box set - that's a guarantee.
__________________________________________________-

Of course you're right. I wonder what they'll include as incentives to buy them, for those of us who have already bought all 3 separately.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 02:29 AM   #26
jerseydevil

Nazgul

Quote:
Originally posted by Entlover

Of course you're right. I wonder what they'll include as incentives to buy them, for those of us who have already bought all 3 separately.
I don't think they need to add too much to get us to buy them actually. But they may not come out with a seperate RotK disc with all it's extras - maybe that would only be included as part of the boxed set. Or maybe each DVD would include different extras from the ones that are packaged individually.

To milk this for all it's forth - they'll probably come out with so many different configurations of the discs - it'll make people's heads spin. For instance - the standard DVD with limited extras - but still more than many DVDs - came out in August. In November they release two different versions of the the Extended Edition - The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (Platinum Series Extended Edition Collector's Gift Set) and The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (Platinum Series Extended Edition) (2001) .

What would be really crappy is if they decide to put different extras on each DVD verson. Then a person would have to buy all of them in order to get all the extras.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 08-08-2002, 01:04 PM   #27
azalea
Long lost mooter

So far besides the movie I've watched that Houghton Mifflin thingy, the Fox special (cheesy) and part of the Sci Fi network special. One interesting tibit was that they planted the gardens in Hobbiton a year before filming began.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 11:48 PM   #28
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

Oh! I'm so excited! Our VCR just broke, and we've been waiting forever for a DVD player. So this very night, not an hour ago, we got a DVD and VCR player! And the LotR too! I can finally watch DVD's! I can't wait to watch the FotR.
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 03:11 AM   #29
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Trust me, people are still going to buy all 3 DVD's in one, even if they have them all separately. I wonder how much it will cost? Too much for me probably.
I havn't seen the video yet, I'm renting it tonight!!
Old 08-09-2002, 11:53 AM   #30
EA Poe
Sapling

Tom Bombadil DVD release

Guess what date we could buy the DVD?!
Friday 2nd August!!!!!!!!!!!

Take that anyone:-)

I can't wait till I see the extended version in my PC-DVD-TV;-)

By the way I found out a horrible translation in the Swedish DVD, where they translated "chain-mail" to "kedje-brev" which means chain-letter :-o?

I thought the Lord of the rings was supposed to be perfect!

I guess it's time to get a Q-number to TTT (Nov 18) the same time as the Extended version is released, the sleeping bag is ready:-)
EA Poe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 02:08 PM   #31
azalea
Long lost mooter

I've finished watching all the extra stuff. I also thought it was interesting how they had all originally done hand blown glass for The Prancing Pony, and how the stream in Rivendell was man made and couldn't be blended with outside water sources because chlorine would get into the natural river.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:00 AM   #32
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I succumed to the pressure and brought the video. Now I'm annoyed because there was a leaflet inside which said the TT will be opening here on December 26!
Old 08-10-2002, 12:35 PM   #33
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I found all the extra stuff to be irrelevant and boring (to me) I am only interested in being entertained by the actual movie. Now I won't bother with the November release.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 02:13 PM   #34
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

My LOTR DVD came today. It looks great. In-Depth programs revelaing the secrets behine the production. Welcome to Middle-Earth; Quest for the Ring; A passage to Middle Earth.
FEATURETTS FINDING HOBBITON, hobbiton comes alive, believing he world of bree, ringwraiths:the fallen Kings; Rivendell : the elven refuge; Lnguages of Middle Earth; two wizards; music of middle earth; elijah wook; vioog mortensen; orlando bloom; cate blanchett; liv tyler; ian mckellen; weathertop: The windy Hill.

Exclusive 10 min behind the scenes Preview of the LOTR TTT
Original trailer and tv spots
Enya May it Be Music Video

Preview of the Video Game TTT

and a book of coupons .

Now if I can only find the time to view it all.
Old 08-10-2002, 02:21 PM   #35
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

I was watching the extras disk on the DVD, and I realized in an interview with Orlando Bloom that the picture on his shirt was fuzzed out.
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Old 08-10-2002, 02:40 PM   #36
azalea
Long lost mooter

They did that with a lot of people's shirt and hats. At first I thought Orli was just wearing a smutty short or something , but then when so many had that fuzz on them, I figured it muat have something to do with advertising or something. (For instance if, say, New Line is owned by Coca-cola and people are wearing a Pepsi shirt -- something along those lines).
Old 08-10-2002, 03:40 PM   #37
jerseydevil

Nazgul

Yes - Hollywood likes to have full control over product placement.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 08-10-2002, 03:57 PM   #38
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

Yeah, I think that's it. I saw the little "Weta" emblem on the director of Weta's shirt in another one, and that was also dimmed out in the same special.
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Old 08-10-2002, 04:07 PM   #39
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

The "In Depth" programmes were slightly irksome because of the overused footage from the trailers, the redundancy of the clips and the American voiceover with his "Gandolfs" and such. I’d prefer it if there was a making of documentary as seen in the Phantom Menace’s DVD but I suppose from seeing the extended DVD preview the footage is being saved for the extended DVD preview.

Can anybody explain to me how to access the DVD-ROM features?
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 08:18 PM   #40
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

You need either a software or hardware decoder. WinDVD is one of the software ones. It runs about $50 US.

Did you notice that Elrond's version of the Isildur episode doesn't include Cirdan? Well, I'm just saying...
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote