Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 10:42 PM   #21
azalea
Long lost mooter

I always think of people as their avatars, too, Elf Girl. I esp. like Nazgul Queen's.

Hmm, I'll have to scan in a pic of myself in that thread one of these days if I have access to a scanner.

Sometimes I picture someone a certain way then they say something that blows that images to pieces. Elf Girl I thought you were older, at first I thought BoP was male, etc.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:49 PM   #22
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Quote:
You have no idea how bang on that was! *Squints* Are you watching me?!
LOL, I was going by the frequency of this smiley in your posts! But I'm glad I was right. I feel...I dunno, important or something

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 06-28-2002, 11:02 PM   #23
azalea
Long lost mooter

Oh, yeah, and whenever someone writes CBG, I always think of CGB from the X-Files!
Old 06-28-2002, 11:46 PM   #24
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

I've already seen a picture of Eruviel, so that doesn't count.

Earniel: Brown hair. Sorry, I have absolutely NO imagination.

I'll try and think of more. Any guesses on me?

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 06-29-2002, 12:10 AM   #25
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I imagined Bop as short and blonde with long flowing locks

arathorn looks like I thought he would

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
Old 06-29-2002, 12:40 AM   #26
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
And what about me?

Hmm...BoP, I first thought you were male too.
FrodoFriend, short, with dark hair and dark eyes.
Rogue Elf, I had only imagined her with blonde hair, never any other color, until I saw her pictures.
G88, I'll have to go with the majority and say I thought you were tall and blonde.

Most of my mental pictures turn out to be way off.
Old 06-29-2002, 12:46 AM   #27
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

your actual pic is too embedded in my consciousness to recall the former image

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Last edited by afro-elf : 06-29-2002 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-29-2002, 12:57 AM   #28
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
Hmm...BoP, I first thought you were male too.
Yeah, I think it's my screen name...

I thought you looked like a small blonde hobbit.
Old 06-29-2002, 01:08 AM   #29
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88

Khamul - Brown hair, tall, teenage guy who wears a baseball cap w/ a fraying bill.
Pretty much on the money. The hair color is right, and compared to most girls I am tall, but when I get around other guys, I feel rather short. I'm somewhere around 5'10" to 6' (I'm not quite sure). The baseball cap thing is pretty accurate too, although I would never let the bill on my beautiful Auburn hat get frayed.

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants

Khamul - for some reason I've got this picture in my head of someone who's always up to no good....
I wonder where you got that idea? Must be my evil-looking avatar. I usually try to steer clear of trouble, although I occasionally get mischievous.

As for my opinions about what everyone looks like...
afro-elf - I pretty much picture Denzel Washington.
Starr Polish - I've seen your picture, so that's what I imagine you look like.
Claenoic - you said in the World Cup thread that you're Korean, so I picture you to look Oriental but talk with a bit of a Southern drawl. (Living in Texas, and everything)
galadriel88 - for some reason I pictured you as semi-short and blonde.

Psalm 107:31
Old 06-29-2002, 01:32 AM   #30
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Ugh, that awful old picture. Well, I don't like ANY of my pictures...I need to put another one on that thread, as soon as I get a decent one taken.
Old 06-29-2002, 04:37 AM   #31
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Earniel - I always have this picture of a frog kissing individual for some reason!
Now I WONDER where you've got that idea..... Fne, I'll never believe a faerytale again!

Quote:
I think she's taller than me, with light brown hair and greenish eyes.
Mmmm, I don't how tall you are, but I don't qualify as tall I think. I'm 1,68 meter (never got the hang of the other measurement system) Light brown hair is acceptable. When I was young it started out as really, really blonde, now it's much darker now. So it can be defined as brown. My eyes used to be brown but now they're half green, half brown ( changing eyecolour!)

BoP: The very first time we met (I believe it was in the 'too mercyfull for Saruman thread') and I had to throw a tidal wave at you I thought you were a 15-year old nosey guy.

AE: My first impression of you was that you were black, but really really dark black, older and having kids

Elf Girl: I thought you were 18 with brown hair
Old 06-29-2002, 07:18 AM   #32
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
AE: My first impression of you was that you were black, but really really dark black, older and having kids
Please no kids. I think that chance ended for me last year. I'm aiming to be in a D.I.N.K. relationship.

Double income no kids

'Dern Helm"

Old 06-29-2002, 01:39 PM   #33
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Hmmm.....

Apart from BoP's initial perception, which could (but should not) be explained, I am not surprised that nobody would want to visualize:

1) The thing. In the room. The room is locked.

2) He who claims "I.EAT.FLESH"

I understand that this is a pg-13 forum, and any verbal manifestations of such terribly twisted and grotesquely horrible (and also strange) mental pictures are, correctly and justifiably, non-existent.

I bid ye all farewell.

I'm going out now. Must find the mask.
Old 06-29-2002, 03:19 PM   #34
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Wow BoP you don't have any mean things about how you envision me?
Old 06-29-2002, 05:42 PM   #35
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Emplynx? Hmm. I must be losing my touch!

Okay, let me just scrabble around in my memory to a time before you subjected me to a plethora of images....

I knew you were tall, I knew you were young - I vaguely recall thinking you were a beanpole. Gangly, with brown hair, hazel eyes and acne. That's all I can remember from my initial perception! Oh, and I imagined you as squinty eyed. That enough dear god boy?
Old 06-29-2002, 05:57 PM   #36
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
I never get genders right. afro,Ialways thought ur former avatar was u.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 06-29-2002, 06:18 PM   #37
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

the old avatar and i look a lot alike but the real me a few years ago is in the pic of me section

'Dern Helm"

Old 06-29-2002, 07:01 PM   #38
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

so........most mooters are way younger than I thought, and I've got the gender thing screwed up, I guess I go by the names, which doesn't really work. What does anyone think Strawberry Ice Cream (where is she?) looks like, How about Radagast the Brown? (I imagine Radagast is a guy, but I'm gettin gun shy here!) Or Bropous? Really Galadriel88, have a growth spurt and get the braces off and you will be the lady in your avatar! (you are in my mind!) Thanks for thinking I'm 30ish , I'm really 47 and getting younger (and older) everyday. Hey Azalea!! We're twins! Housewifes rule! Yea!
Old 06-29-2002, 07:51 PM   #39
mirrille
Elven Warrior

I tend to overestimate people's ages too.
Guess that goes to show how mature our mooters are.
Old 06-29-2002, 07:54 PM   #40
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

For some reason, when I picture Anduril, I get this image of Tom Green... Must have been the avatar.

Psalm 107:31
Closed Thread