Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

In bree
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 01:57 PM   #22
Sakata
Elven Warrior

okay.

hey samewise, you going to be writing in this too? you might want to describe your char.

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Sakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 10:49 PM   #23
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

Can I join, I know I'm a bit new but believe me, I am experienced with RPing. Anyway, about my character, I was wondering if I could do this?:

Aragorn The 2nd(but just called Aragorn), Son of Aragorn, Son Of Arathorn

Can I join, and, if so, is my character okay?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 11:17 PM   #24
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

that is for samwize to decide if our people are ok.

I'm gona send her a pm to get her back over hear (she started it you see so she is the mod for it)
Old 11-20-2001, 05:40 PM   #25
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
A cloaked stranger appears in the thread."Tesseract the need for the PM is totally uneeded, Samwise has returned *removes the cloak and reveals the short curly brown head and funny smile*
Sorry about that I had a babyish thought that people did'nt like this story so I kind of forgot it
I Like the chars you guys now here comes mine:
Elaird Took is 27 years of age which in our ages is 13(my age).
He has drk soil brown hair and bright hazel eyes that sparkle with youth and mischeviousness(he takes after his granddad Pippin)but he's also loyal and brave and his eyes show it(He also takes after his OTHER granddad Sam).
His weapons are a dagger, staff, and short sword and he's still trying to get the sword and dagger straight but the staff in his hands becomes a deadly weapon. He's got tan skin from working in a garden and large hands for a 13 yro, he also puts his foot in his mouth and tends to stumble literally.
Here we go.

Elaird groaned, it was true he had drunken more than he was used too last night, he had only been allowed to drink half a cup of weak ale and the ale he had drunken the night before had been the strongest stuff around. Sitting up he looked at Faramir and Gandalf with suprise"Gandalf you help me?What danger am I in for as I know from my Grandfather Peregrin your sudden apperances showed how much danger someone is in. So what danger am I in for following the footsteps of my Grandfathers? Please explain".
Gandalf turned out to the window, "Elaird, one stronger then Sauron has been realized from his chains in the Dungeons of Manwe, with his power Sauron can return, and the darkness of old return and because you are the Grandson of the servant of the Ringbeaer you are in MORTAL danger, for if Sauron returns he will want revenge and will reseave power from his master to do so, Frodo is safe and your Grandfather is safe but the others who are desendants of the ringbearers are in mortal danger. " There was a shocked silence as Elaird gaped up at the wizard"So you returned from the Undying Lands to aid me in my need". Then a question came to his mouth that would make all in the room gasp."Who is this great enemy Gandalf?" the young lad asked. One answer was all that Gandalf uttered"Morgoth".
Ok, I will return later on because I have chores to do but before you get him I have an Idea for that on Hobbit that stopped at the door and um I was wondering if I could have him?
Sam or Elaird you decide
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 06:16 PM   #26
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

OOC: Okay, I take that as a yes. My character is Aragorn The Second, Son Of Aragorn, Son Of Arathorn. He was born before the LotR trilogy unbeknowst to Aragorn The First. He has traveled from afar in search of his fathers past. And don't tell me anything about Aragorn because I haven't completed the LotR series. Aragorn The Second(but just called Aragorn) is a warrior at heart. His companion is Duriel. Duriel is a friend of Aragorn from his boyhood, and has gone questing with him, in search of his father, who, went off with some of the townspeople to battle Isengard. Duriel never knew if his father made it there or if he died at the battle, but he hopes his father is alive. Duriel is also a warrior, but he does posses knowledge. He would even, to an extent, be considered a wise man. Their story begins...

IC:

Just then the door opened, and two strangers entered, men. They shut the door behind them and walked over to the bar. The swords were visible, sheathed on their belt. They took off their hoods and one of them(Aragorn) was the exact image of Aragorn, Son of Arathorn. They talked to the bartender. Glancing around the inn from time to time. They seemed from afar, knowing nothing about the inn or town they were in. Aragorn spoke aloud now.

"I was wondering where we could get a room?"

And they carried them to the flatlands
But they died along the way
And they built up with their bare hands
What we still can't do today.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO till the day I die.
Old 11-21-2001, 03:11 PM   #27
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Sam Gamgee Meanwhile...

In the Common room the young hobbit asked if Nob could tell Elaird Took that " Balin of Erebor awaits Bullroarer Took" and that "He will understand". The Young hobbit sat back and waited. Suddenly there was a mad scamper of feet down the hall and into the room, "Ardain Brandybuck"Elaird called out"Over here cousin over here"Ardain called out as he waved Elaird to his table,"Cousin I have terrible news, we cannot trust ANYONE" Elaird began. "Yes you are right Elaird of the Shire, you cannot trust anyone. Which is why I need to talk to Gandalf. Please take me to him" Aragorn had seen the hobbits joyfull reunion. The three travellers made their ways back to the room.

Ok I'll repeat this. ANY CHARACTER IS WELCOME TO JOIN you dont have to ask me, but please make sure there is an opening for your character(s), so Aragorn you're OK.
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 11-21-2001, 03:56 PM   #28
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

Okay, I'm a little confused about your post samwise. Do you mean Aragorn, me Aragorn? Or some other Aragorn? Was that me saying "Yes you are right Elaird of the Shire, you cannot trust anyone. Which is why I need to talk to Gandalf. Please take me to him"? Was my character one of the three characters you talked about going to the room? I'm confused...

Old 11-21-2001, 10:18 PM   #29
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Yep, that's you, Aragorn is YOUR Aragorn Unless there is another one I dont know about. Now I've made up alot of the story it's YOUR guyses turn. I's be back though.
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 11-21-2001, 10:26 PM   #30
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

*Samwise, there's one small problem. Aragorn knowes barely anything about his father, he has come here in search of his father's past, he doesn't know of Gandalf, Frodo, or anyone from the company. Oh yeah, and Duriel is my second character, he is with Aragorn, you seemed to have excluded him a bit. *

Old 11-23-2001, 02:04 PM   #31
Sakata
Elven Warrior

um, what the hell is going on? I thought the gandalf thing was a dream? hehe we are having dark stragers walking in every 2 seconds, its time to do some killing off, but since I dont really know what is going on, I will leave that to sam.
Sakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 02:10 PM   #32
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Ooops missed that part*sheepish grin*Let's get part of this straight, Elaird is the SON of Faramir and Goldilocks which makes Pippin and Sam his Grandfathers, so Aragorn the second would have to be around AFTER the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. Did you notice that NOB is the landlord?
Ok I'll get this straight.
In the Common room the young hobbit asked if Nob could tell Elaird Took that " Balin of Erebor awaits Bullroarer Took" and that "He will understand". The young hobbit sat back and waited. Suddenly there was a mad scamper of feet down the hall and into the room, the young hobbit stood as Elaird looked about the room, suddenly with a joyfull cry Elaird saw his visitor."Ardain Brandybuck you followed!" The two hobbits met and embraced. Elaird pulled back and looked at his cousin happily but then sobered. "Ardain come to my room. Gandalf has grim news." "Gandalf? I thought he had left. What is he doing back?"
Suddenly ELaird turned and noticed two figures were watching them intently. At the realization they had been seen the two figures came foward and introduced themselves."I am Aragorn the son of Aragorn the son of Arathorn and this is Duriel, we are in search of my father and his past. Can you help?"
Elaird and Ardain gaped at the stranger, ARAGORN the SON of Aragorn! Elaird slowly nodded his head his hazel eyes bright with exitment"follow me"he said in a whisper. And motioning the two men to follow them the four travelars left the room.
How's that? I'm sorry about the mix up. Let's continue
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 11-23-2001, 02:38 PM   #33
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

Aragorn was filled with joy, though he did not show it. Aragorn saw them staring at him and wondered if his father was of some importance here. It didn't matter to him though. Just knowing what his father was like and his history was enough for him. Aragorn and Duriel followed the two....Aragorn had no idea what they were. He would find out in due time. Aragorn spoke with Duriel as they followed.

"Don't worry, maybe your father knew mine."

Duriel turned to Aragorn.

"I never thought of that, maybe you're right!"

"We will find out soon enough my friend."

They continued to follow the small creatures.

Last edited by Aragorn : 11-23-2001 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-23-2001, 07:12 PM   #34
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Sam Gamgee CREATURES?! Ahh...well THAT'S a nice name:rolleyes:

Ok we need some CLEARING UP. Notice the fact that Gandalf stops Elaird from sitting up in the room in like the fourth or fifth post.
Let's get this show on the road
Elaird,Ardain, Aragorn and Duriel stopped short as they entered the small room, Thenragoss,Faylore, Gandalf(read Legolases second post on the first page), Faramir, and Tanmirdos were all gone. But Elaird fear were relieved when he saw Tan coming down the hall "Hoy there you young lad, where have you all gotten to?" "Funny thing sir I was told by Gandalf to come and get you and take you to the parlour where we are resting in more comfort." The five companions made their way in to the parlour. There the others stared at the fire with grim faces, Gandalf looked up as the inn travellars made their way intot he room..... WHat next. My basic plot is kind of like LOTR but this time we've got Morgoth involved and the next step is to discuss what we're gonna do next and introduce Aragorn and Duriel and all them so...lets burn up some road, I think I'm suffocating in this inns atmosphere.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 11-23-2001, 07:17 PM   #35
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

*Okay, is it just gonna be me, Sakata, and samwise? Whoever is going to be in this RP say so. I will.*

Old 11-23-2001, 09:00 PM   #36
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Did you read any of the posts before you started?

I'm guessing you didn't because if you had you would have known that I'm in too.

I just want to know.
Old 11-24-2001, 08:33 PM   #37
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Sam Gamgee

Ok let's ge this show on da road.
Faramir turned around to face the newcomers, looking with amusment at Ardain he replied"so this is "Balin of Erebor"? Bowing before the hobbit he stood and looked at Aragorn with amazment and then he bowed the knee to the man before him"my leige Prince"he whispered. Aragorn looked down at the man kneeling before him with shock and confusion. Turning to Gandalf he asked"Who is this man and why does he do this? And who are you my friend?" Gandalf turned to him and replied"You are his lord and master. He is the son of Faramir the prince of Ithillien and the ancient kings of Gondor created the gardens in Ithillien for their pleasure and so you are his master and I am Gandalf the wizard" Aragorn bade Faramir rise and sat down in the only spare chair, the hobbits and Faramir sat on the floor infront of the fire and Gandalf began to explain their peril"I have heard that the Great Enemy Melkor-at this name a dark shadow fell on EVERYONES faces-has been unchained from the dungeons of Manwe and has pleaded innocent and changed, but there is still blackness in his heart, and thankfully the Varda were reluctant to let him go at first but he has been given freedom to roam the Halls of Manwe at will and may darken hearts and that is where he is still but if he is let to roam then Middle Earth."
More Later at around um...later
Sam
"He will plunge us in another dark age. We will be sent help but of what type I am not sure, we are to be his companions and help him in concouring Melkor" ELaird looke dup from the fire"so this is to be yet anothe Ring quest only worse and more difficult?" Gandalf looked at the group of People" We are all to go to Rivendell and seek advice there and maybe you friend"he said turning to Aragorn"will discover your history and who your family is" Aragorn nodded gratefully. Soon the group was ready to leave Bree.
Ok, who's goin with us? It's up to you.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...

Last edited by samwise of the shire : 11-24-2001 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-24-2001, 10:34 PM   #38
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Please e-mail me your answers and the story. Thanks bye
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 11-26-2001, 10:09 AM   #39
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

k guys this is how it will work,

we will all put our posts up here, then after every new post I will cut and past it to Sam (she and I worked this out), then, when ever she has something to put up she will send it to me and I will cut and past it to here.

every one clear on this?
Old 11-26-2001, 04:52 PM   #40
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

crystal, I'm just thinking(without succes) of what to do and say in the story...