Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 07:05 PM   #21
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I don't take kindly to lying/lyers, on the internet, or in real life. They just waste my time. I personally do not see any humour in decieving someone.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:07 PM   #22
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Meanwhile Lizra is really a 16 year old guy from England and is a heavy alchohlic

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
Old 05-24-2004, 09:01 PM   #23
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

I knew it!!

oh and if this is all just about ruinel for sneaking back on i think she could have been much more clever about it if she really wanted everyone to be oblivious. She knew a lot of people here knew her dogs name. She was just trying to make a point. For better or for worse. Not create some elaborate deception. and sgh called her out rightly so. and that really should have been that. whats with the big to do?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 05-24-2004, 09:05 PM   #24
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

what bans?
Old 05-24-2004, 09:13 PM   #25
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Havent you heard? They are banning all females from Florida who have shaved their heads before.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 05-24-2004, 09:26 PM   #26
Tree Hugger

Quote:
Originally posted by eowyngirl14
whats all this about bans? people can come back with a new name after they are banned? doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose?
No, actually, admins of a MB have access to your IP addresses, which usually show your location and ISP (Internet Service Provider). It is virtually impossible for someone to reregister under a new name. There is a way, but I will not tell you how to do it.

I'm not sure what this thread is about. The author of this thread makes references to deception and liars IRL. However, there is also referrences to bans (I assume on this MB).

Old 05-24-2004, 09:43 PM   #27
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

why was Ruinel banned?? And Coney, im guessing because there is a coney 2 out there somewhere.

tree hugger, well sincei can have two different screen names for entmoot and use them both, im not sure i understand ur post.

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
Old 05-24-2004, 09:44 PM   #28
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tree Hugger
There is a way, but I will not tell you how to do it.
Well, if you can not figure that out, you must be pretty stupid. The can ban your ISP address, therefore all you need is to go onto a diffe..............

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
Old 05-24-2004, 09:59 PM   #29
eowyngirl14

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
Well, if you can not figure that out, you must be pretty stupid. The can ban your ISP address, therefore all you need is to go onto a diffe..............
oh oh! a differnt computer! am i right!?
lol

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

Old 05-24-2004, 10:04 PM   #30
Coney II
Elven Warrior

Quote:
why was Ruinel banned?? And Coney, im guessing because there is a coney 2 out there somewhere.

tree hugger, well sincei can have two different screen names for entmoot and use them both, im not sure i understand ur post.
Well, tree hugger was Ruinel *waves at Ruinel*

My original name was banned for a week or so......then I took an extended break from the 'moot and forgot my log in password so ConeyII I became
Old 05-24-2004, 10:09 PM   #31
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Talk about deceptive. Tree Hugger is Ruinel. Hmm, gee, let's see if I can ban this one now.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-24-2004, 10:22 PM   #32
eowyngirl14

so since Runiel was banned for something (?) does that mean that she cant come back under any other sn?

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 05-24-2004, 10:28 PM   #33
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
so since Runiel was banned for something (?) does that mean that she cant come back under any other sn?
Well she can try and I will just keep banning the new sn.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-24-2004, 10:53 PM   #34
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Regarding deception on the internet, I mean really, how can you bring yourself to judge against those who do? Some pretend to be a different sex, and chose deliberately gender-vague screen-names to throw off other people. Mine is deliberately misleading because I like to get comfortable in a place before letting on that I am female. This is because I have had problems - mainly on IMs - with sexual harassment when I used to use a less gender-vague sn. I am guilty of deception in this sense. For me personally, I don't see the need to deceive people any further than that, however, I am not going to judge those who chose not to be truthful about their business, because, quite frankly, it's none of MY business. If my fellow 'mooters/internetees don't want to be entirely truthful, that's up to them, and really, it has nothing to do with me. As for real-life, I'd like to think that if you're a friend, that you can be honest, but again, it's a case-by-case basis. Sometimes, you have to bend the truth a bit to avoid hurting someone's feelings, or to avoid needless confrontation.

QAL, I'd like to know why you care so much about the current bans when you've only been here for a short period of time. (and this isn't meant to be personal, so don't take it as so.)
Old 05-24-2004, 10:53 PM   #35
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
Havent you heard? They are banning all females from Florida who have shaved their heads before.
phew, good thing I'm a robot.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:06 PM   #36
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

I've lied on the moot, but its only been for a joke or prank: for example: i just pmed SGH and told her I like metallica...

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 05-24-2004, 11:07 PM   #37
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

Does Entmoot really need to be so strict? The message boards were far more active when there was less regulation.
Then hate overcame Fëanor's fear, and he cursed Melkor and bade him be gone, saying 'Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!' And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all dwellers in Eä.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:14 PM   #38
QueenAnnesLace
Elven Warrior

QAL, I'd like to know why you care so much about the current bans when you've only been here for a short period of time. (and this isn't meant to be personal, so don't take it as so.) [/B][/QUOTE] It was the current bans that prompted me to start this thread.I saw people posting about the Buster acct. which apparently was a member that had been banned.But over all the thread is about thoughts etc. regarding liars and people that deceive.And in no way would I think that a lie or should I say "white lie" used in a way to spare someone of hurtful or unnecessary grief would be categorized in the same way that I myself feel about the subject in general.I mean I've never been a big one on lying as in when it is for personal gain or the intent of hurting others I am regarding to compulsive or deceptive types.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:19 PM   #39
Anonymous
Banned

I agree with you Captain Stern. The board is no longer friendly.

This is Ruinel. I've logged on as Anonymous to post one last message... which I'm sure SGH will delete the minute she can.

She has banned me for life. Yep, that's right, this is not a joke. She's been harassing me via e-mail since I checked my e-mail this morning. I was supposed to be unbanned today, but she decided to do so at her leisure and flaunted that through her e-mails.

I originally created the Buster account to contact her to tell her that I didn't get her PM. I never meant to deceive you, Valandil. I posted twice. I did like what BoP had submitted to the board and I appreciate all her research on the subject (abuses by soldiers).

For posting on THE DAY I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE UNBANNED, I was banned until Wednesday.

It's been nice posting with all of you. And I would like to wish you all a great life.

Just one more thing... absolute power corrupts, absolutely.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:22 PM   #40
QueenAnnesLace
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Stern
Does Entmoot really need to be so strict? The message boards were far more active when there was less regulation.
I get what you mean but rules are there for a reason.Even though it is quite entertaining sometimes to watch.Sometimes people wrongly choose to flame members in open forums instead of in a PM.That to me would suggest that someone wants to publically humiliate another person or gain an audience.Somethings I myself belieive should be kept a bit more private,especailly when it is way off topic.
Closed Thread