Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-22-2004, 01:19 AM   #21
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"You haven't." I replied. "I'm Jan, and I don't think that we'll ever meet again." I said, sipping my wine.

PADFOOT LIVES!

Last edited by Legoles : 02-22-2004 at 01:20 AM.
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 01:23 AM   #22
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Pansy looked at the man (or seemed to be) curiously. "Oh, ok. Where are you from, if you don't mind my asking. We hobbits are quite inquisitive dontcha know."

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 01:25 AM   #23
Legoles

"Ahh...." I said as I took the last sip of my wine. "I come from the land of the Sad Forests. We call it that because the trees look like they're weeping." I said, then ordered another glass.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 02-22-2004, 01:31 AM   #24
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

'Not very informative, is he?' thought Pansy to herself.
"Well, I come from Frogmorton, east farthing of the Shire. We call it that 'cause...well, I dont know why we call it that." she replied. "I have never heard of the Sad Forest, but it sounds like a nice place." said Pansy politely. Truly, she did not feel like venturing to anywhere that was sad, or even looked sad.

Old 02-22-2004, 01:46 AM   #25
Legoles

"It's not really sad, all the trees are willows, that look like they're weeping. But there are many flowers as well. We also have a river called the Moonflow which, at night, is frequented by pyre-flies. They illuminate the river, which is very deep and wide."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 02-22-2004, 02:51 AM   #26
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Can I play? I have an idea if it isn't too late. (You don't have to use it obviously Twista. What about some of the Haradrim who were given mercy by Aragorn go home and try to rebuild their lives and their cities?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 08:29 PM   #27
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Name: Boin
Race: Easterling
Hair: black, shoulder length
Eyes: Emerald
Other: Wears a black tunic and cape. The hood on his cape hides most of his face. He is secretive and mysterious. He holds a grudge against all Gondorians but has never told anyone why. He is normally out in the forests hunting or riding his horse, Blackheart.
Family: He has a twin sister, Aleah, but has not seen her for many years. Also, he is ten months married to Ka'ana and has a little boy, Tyren.

So...do we have a plot yet?? Good ideas Earniel and Nurvingiel.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)

Last edited by Aewionen : 02-24-2004 at 02:03 AM.
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:05 PM   #28
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Thanks Aewionen. I'll set up a character, hope it's okay Twista. I don't have any good ideas for a Haradrim name... hm... what do you think?

Name: Akkar Anagrim

Height: 6'0"

Race: Haradrim

Appearance: Thick, shoulder-length black hair, which he always wears tied back. Chocolate brown skin, smooth except for the occasional thin scar. Brown eyes. Plain face. Muscular and lean.

Family: He has a wife and three young children. He had misgivings about fighting for this unknown Sauron, but had no real choice in the matter (like most Haradrim). His brother was also in the army, but was killed, leaving his wife and teenaged daughter.

Skills: Fighting with sword, dagger and bow. He can control a (non-enraged) Oliphaunt. He also can cook over a camfire, and make arrows. He is also a good herdsman, though out of practice.

Short Bio: Before he joined the army when he was 18, he was a goat herder. He is quiet, and his men trust him and his long experience in the army. He acheived the rank of Captain after 6 years in the army, but lacked the ambition to rise higher.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 02-22-2004, 09:57 PM   #29
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

(Nurvingiel, Hey it's me, Check out Hi peoples new RPG coming your way, It's my first ever RPG hehehehe)
Devak: Hi peoples *waves*
Short bio: Taught by sauron... Don't ask or ask me latter... Changed sides after the fall of sauron in the first war, But when the ring was found sauron forced her to side with him agian, so let's say she's very bitter heh heh heh very very bitter... she has decided to use the powers that sauron had given her for good or at least what she thinks is good...and what she thinks is right is not always right. Sauron had given her the sister ring to the one ring. She tries to refrain from using her powers lest it bring the nine back (or so she thinks...) She seems to have an affinity for language so she only has to hear a new language once and she is able to speak it forever. *deep breath* She has one weapon Anasta, Given to her by sauron when she was young. Also she has no idea what she is, (she has no clue who her mother or father was)
*pats anasta and is thinking about the old days* *sigh* Things where so easy then, you did what you were told and you lived another day *sigh* Ha, I don't miss it at all...
*an orc appears*
Orc: my lady? we have been looking for you... *sees other people* My lady? Who are these people?
Devak: Friends Tiji, Their friends...
Tiji: *nods uncirtenly*
Devak: It's alright my friend *pats Tiji* They won't hurt you...
(I need to go... My family needs me off the compi, See ya'll latter )

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 10:10 PM   #30
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: I don't want to take over from Twista, but I really really want to do this: the Haradrim who were given mercy by Aragorn go home and try to rebuild their lives and their cities. I think it would be fun, and I really want to play an RPG that isn't just set in Middle-earth - it deals with real issues of Middle-earth. My idea is obviously not the only way to do this though.
I'll go take a peep at your RPG Amea.
BTW, I have another idea. Let's say all are characters are in the same place. We need to decide where that is and what we are doing.
Okay, I'll stop being Controllie McBossypants now.
Quote:
Old 02-22-2004, 10:45 PM   #31
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC: Name: Callinya
RAce: Hadrim shape shifter (come on you know you konw love it)
Bio: Not much to tell. She's not very talkitive and she's mystrious. Carries a dagger in her boot but for fighting she mostly relies on shape shifting.

IC:
A wolf walked into the inn. Everyone turned and stared including a hobbit and what look to be a shaddy looking man. The barkeep came out and tried to show that he wasn't scared of a "wild" wolf by yelling and screaming and chasing it with a broom. After a couple times running around the room the barkeep tired of the little game and stopped in his tracks panting, the wolf however trotted right up to the bar beside the hobbit and promtly lept into a stool and turned into a human. "I'd like a pint." SHe said to the woman behind the counter. Then turning ot the rest of the bar she yelled "Hello! I am a Hadrim. My name is Callinya. Not Cal, not Cally, Callinya. Yes, I am a shape shifter and if yo uidoits don't stop staring I will peck your eyes out." With that she turned around to the bar and drank her pint.

OOC: I'm relying on your hobbit curiosity to start up a conversation pip.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 11:39 PM   #32
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: An inn - great place to start. Um... where is the inn? South of Ithilien somewhere? If not, we may want to do some backstory to explain how we got there. Whoops, reverted to McBossypants mode. Where's BoP when you need her?

Akkar was sitting in the corner with his men, nursing a pint of dark, bitter ale. It was room temperature, creamy, and extremely delicious. His large backpack and weapons (except his dagger, which he was still wearing) were leaning against the wall, under the table.

He watched the shapeshifter enter the bar, and was very impressed. Shapeshifters were uncommon and powerful among the Haradrim.

Akkar knew of only one other shapeshifter - the shaman of his village. The agressive woman seemed to be the opposite of the kind, wise old man. However, shapeshifters were as diverse as all people, and it was unfair to judge this woman without even speaking to her.

He wondered why she felt it necessary to scare the patrons of the pub. This made him suspicious of her, but also of the other people. The shapeshifter could have had a good reason to want to scare someone.

He scanned the room, but people were either talking amongst themselves, or eyeing the shapeshifter with various expressions of suspicion and fear.

Only five of his men remained of their original company of thirty. The rest had been slain in battle. Farkad, Aranek, and Greyson were wary of the shapeshifter, but he could see the Hamid and Hamish (two brothers who had met a shapeshifter before) were not fearful. Akkar was as wary of the shapeshifter as he would be of any powerful person he didn't know.

Akkar watched her as a child (he's never met a hobbit and thinks she's a child) approached her.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 02-23-2004 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:24 AM   #33
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

The wolf starlted Pansy at first, but she was getting used to strange occasions, and her hobbit curiousity, and plain old politeness got the best of her.
"Hello, Callinya, I'm Pansy. Pansy Hogswallop of Frogmorton. I've never met a shpae-shifter before, quite intersting. Pleased to make your aquaintance!" she said, extending her hand.

Old 02-23-2004, 03:09 AM   #34
Legoles

"Jan." I said simply at the inquisitive look aimed at me. "Muryan, and FYI, a Muryan is a moorperson."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 02-23-2004, 12:44 PM   #35
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: I never know how to introduce my characters without feeling like I'm forcing it. Um... do you guys need any mercenaries for hire? Or, do we happen to be travelling the same direction?
Quote:
Old 02-23-2004, 01:14 PM   #36
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

OK i guess i better put my character in lol:

Name: Celian Malede

Height: 5'11"

Race: Elves - Male ( Of which kind, not known )

Appearance: Not the most tidy elves, as he often lives rough, and does not have the luxeries of an every day elve. Wears coats and cloths of a Brown and Gold Nature, bearing unque markings, of which resemble Elvish. Dark long hair, with a single lock in the rear center, bound with black ribbon.

Family: Little is known of his family, as is known, he is a explorer, and it is thought he has no things 'tieing him down' at home, wherever home might be.

Skills: Obviously great skill with the bow, saying that, his Bow is said to be crafted for him only, by a highly renound blacksmith in the depths of Mirkwood.

:

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:36 AM   #37
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: Prepare for MY CHARACTER!!!! Muhahahahahaha!

Name: Rorin
Race: Dwarf
Appearance: Rather Dwarf-ish..... (trying to keep this short)
Personality: Taciturn, yet slightly grumpy.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 02:01 AM   #38
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Boin leaned back in his chair in the inn. The air around him was musty and seemed heavy. It usually did around him. His hood was covering his eyes, and he was handling his dagger. Given to him by his wife, Ka'ana, it was now one of his most prized possessions. The thought of her brought a smile to his lips, but it soon faded. He hadn't seen her in a month now, and to be away from her was like a flower without the sun. How he longed to be out in the forest hunting with her at his side.
He turned his thoughts away from Ka'ana, he needed to stay focused. Boin was meeting his commander here, and he should show up at any moment. The door to the inn opened quietly as his commander, Terenin, entered the room. After looking around the inn, he smiled as he spotted Boin, and approached him. "I trust you have heard of our....problem." Boin smiled wryly, "I have. I have also heard what you want me to do about it." Terenin laughed quietly, "Yes...I want you to hurry. We cant wast any time." Boin nodded, "Then, I will return home?" Terenin returned the nod, "Yes...then and only then, you may return to your wife."

ooc: I"m not sure what the plot is yet but I thought I would just through in a little something...
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:04 PM   #39
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

*sits in the darkest cornner and watchs the happenings around the inn, shakes head in discust*
Devak: *sigh* *stands up and walks over to Callinya*
Devak: watch yourself *she walks back to the dark cornner and melts into the shadows*

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 10:25 PM   #40
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
"Are you a Hobbit? Well ofcourse you are. Pleased to meet you...what did you say your name was? No matter. I'm sorry if I frightened you...I have my reasons. I should like to speak with you more if we should ever meet again that is. Goodbye!" With that Callinya turned into a Falcon(her bird of choice) and flew to the table where Hamid and Hamish sat. They welcomed the bird because of course they knew her, if only barly...still they were the only people in this inn she was going to trust for now. Excpet maybe that nice Hobbit. "You know we're a little shorthanded on fighters Callinya and if I remember correctly you are always shorthanded on money and work." Hammid said to her. Turning back into a human and sliding gracfully into a seat besaide the two brothers she said "Why not? You are right ofcourse. So tell me who is in charge of this pack of scoundrels?" The other men were staring at her still so she knew if this did happen to trust her enough to hire her on she would have to gain the other mens trust.

OOC:Nurv that means you've gotta talk to me!!! I'm Mcbossypants now! I hope you don't mind me making the two brothers know me!
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"

Last edited by Fimbrethil : 02-24-2004 at 10:27 PM.
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote