Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 03:02 PM   #21
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Very nice, but I think saying you were 'the' scupltor on LotR is deliberately misleading - you were one of the sculptors

BTW, out of curiosity, did you do Gandalf's white staff - if so, did it have a slot for his pipe like the grey staff did (must admit I thought that was a lovely touch - your idea or told to include it by whoever commisioned you?).
Old 01-22-2004, 04:59 PM   #22
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

wow
Those are masterpieces! Very beautiful and impressive.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 01-24-2004, 07:41 AM   #23
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Nah she aint replying to anybodies questions.. someone has to email her and get her post here regulary! Did i just volentere myself? lol

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:41 PM   #24
Gerbil
Elf Lord

I should imagine this was more of a 'promotional' post, I doubt she intends to actually participate.
I wouldn't be suprised if she posts in a few other LotR boards anytime soon.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:48 PM   #25
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

well that wasnt very polite of her. getting everybody all excited and then only posting once.

but that website was cool!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
Old 01-24-2004, 05:24 PM   #26
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

She wouldn't have joined a message board for promotional purposes - none of us can probably afford, or have need, to buy her artwork. I have confidence that she will come post here.

So why don't we all go to the Teacup Cafe for some tea and cheese scones?

^ shameless plug!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-24-2004, 05:44 PM   #27
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
She wouldn't have joined a message board for promotional purposes - none of us can probably afford, or have need, to buy her artwork.
What makes you say that? This board has many older members (I'm 27, do I count as old? ), many of whom are here one assumes because they've seen the films, and hence may well like the work enough to want some for themselves.

Have you never heard of spam? It obviously works in some way or another, else we wouldn't get so much of it
Old 01-24-2004, 05:50 PM   #28
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nothing to do with age Gerbil. If I was 27, or 45 or whatever, I don't think I could afford to buy some probably very expensive artwork.

If you're right, and it is spam, then I will be disappointed, and hope this thread meets the garbage-can-looking padlock.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-24-2004, 07:15 PM   #29
Gerbil
Elf Lord

The only reason I mentioned older people is because (A) kids won't be able to afford this stuff and (B) the older people might conceivably be in a job where this stuff catches their eye.

Spam is all about getting the message to as many people as possible in the hopes that someone sees it who is actually interested - hence why I said I wouldn't be suprised if the same message crops up on other popular LotR message boards - that indeed would be a sign of spam (as is not replying, IE posting for an advert, not to partake of the chat).
Old 01-24-2004, 10:21 PM   #30
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I see why you mentioned age now Gerbil. Don't worry, I'm not age-ist.

I sent Natalie an email, so we'll see if it was spam or not.
Quote:
Old 01-25-2004, 07:00 AM   #31
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

It is amazing how quickly an innocent post/thread can turn into a witch-hunt. Maybe the original purpose of this thread was to reveal that site to those who would most likely be interested in viewing it. With this in mind, I'd say it was at least somewhat generous to post anything in the first place, even if she wasn't going to continue on as a committed mooter...I mean I got something out of it, they are really nice pics.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Old 01-25-2004, 01:21 PM   #32
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Normally I'd agree, but given that I get over 200 spam mails a day, I certainly don't want to come here and find the same.
Granted the site was relevant, but if the intention was not, then that's annoying to me.
Entmoot is remarkably free of spam, and I'd like it to stay that way - it's one of the reasons I'm still here.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:07 PM   #33
thranduil
Elven Warrior

its obvious she just wants to promote her sculptures. why would she not give a direct link to LOTR sculptures instead you see all the other things shes done before you can look at the movie sculptures. and I agree her thread title is very misleading and this should be placed in the advertisement thread.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:47 PM   #34
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Who cares guys, she is obviously not selling something, she was just showing us fans the work she did. Where is the harm in that?
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-25-2004, 07:49 PM   #35
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I just think it's too bad if she doesn't intend to post very often. This may not even be the case, since it hasn't been very long since she has joined. Some people just don't post a lot.

Maybe she wants to win the flash-in-the-pan award next year.
Quote:
Old 01-25-2004, 10:51 PM   #36
azalea
Long lost mooter

I agree, I left this open at first giving the benefit of the doubt that it was posted as informational about the movie, but I was suspicious because people who make this kind of thing their first and only post are usually just posting to advertise. As it stands, I feel that this topic is dead, and the thread is just a breeding ground for spam. Yes, the pics are cool, but I think that's been covered. Closing.
Closed Thread