Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit (book)
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-18-2002, 11:50 PM   #21
azalea
Long lost mooter

Well, if I were that teacher, I would let those that did well on the test (a test on The Hobbit -- *shakes head*) do the play themselves, and work with the others on what they did wrong, going into great detail about the points she wished to get across by doing the book study in the first place. I'm sure you're all responsible students who can take care of producing the play with a little guidance from her.
On the second problem, I think it sounds pretty fair to mix it up a little where genre is concerned. This may be going out on a limb, but maybe you could try to get a little book club going yourself, and have it after school (can you imagine the brownie points you'd get, asking permission to have a meeting after school once a week or something? Teachers love that kind of thing!) That way, the people that want to could read a chapter a week or something, and discuss it at the meeting. You could personally have notes to guide the discussion for each chapter. The teacher wouldn't even have to be there. I think that would be fun. But I'm an old fogey, so I have a weird sense of what's fun.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 07:57 PM   #22
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

That would be fun, but my mom wouldn't be able to pick me up till 6:00, so it would be hard. I was thinking that it could be held during lunch, but then I would only be able to have people from my class go

Still confused.... (the never ending confusen will forever be in me)

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 08:40 AM   #23
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
At our high school we had to act out RotK in drama! I was Pippin,
I am liike him, saying the wrong things at the same time.
It was really good!
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 11:48 PM   #24
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Well, that was the end. Bad test grades = no hobbit movie. Book is finished. Movie is forgotten. You might as well close this thread.

FRODO LIVES!
Old 12-19-2002, 02:06 PM   #25
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Hmm.?

Oh well
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 05:38 PM   #26
katya
Elven Maiden

?! awwww.....that is stupid. lets go beat someone with sticks! ...er...ok not. but thats no fun. sorry about that samwiselvr2008.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 07:51 PM   #27
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

That's okay, I was really exsited about it, but I geuss that it is over now for good . Maybe I can get together something like a sepreat group during school hourse, to make the movie, that would be awsome! As long as they read the book! I'll talk to the teacher about it tomorow, we'll probally do it during her class time, but I am sher that if I pleed (she is a great teacher) then she'll somehow get together a group! This'll be fun! She loves to read books, and do projects on them, so I can probally just reenter the subject, and give some exsamples of how the class could pick a few books, break into groups, and eather make a mimi movie (probally only using one seen), or scit to present to the class! This'll be fun! I know that she'll at least consider it, since she let us break into groups and read group books (of course with some work sheets) when I wanted to read Fellowhip with some other people! It wasn't what I thought it would be, I was the group leader, and was incharge (they end tomorow- the groups), but I spent to much time worrering about the work sheets of mine, and other group members, being completed, to dicuss any chapters with 'em . That remindes me, I MUST get off and call the goup members to see if they are completely done, just to make sher that they will be! I don't want my teacher to be disapounted with my group, and not consider the Hobbit sugestion. We probally won't be able to ue the Hobbit this time, but will probally do Two Towers, this will be fun! Plus, I think that our goup will have to present the Fellowship, so if all else fells, then we'll just have to do that in a creative way! Can't wate untill her class tomorow!

FRODO LIVES!
Old 12-23-2002, 06:56 PM   #28
L@ur@y Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Gollum

My English teacher is Lord of the Rings MAD she lets us wacht the video's and read the books and she has lots posters in her room.
L@ur@y Elven Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 08:28 PM   #29
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Same with mine, exsept we can't wach the movie without permission slips sent home (pg13) and we have lots to do besides that. She only has 2 posters, and one is mine that I'm only letting her borow untill the end of this year.

Did she influens you to read them, or did you like LOTR before? Just wondering

FRODO LIVES!