Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-23-2002, 08:58 PM   #221
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
ic: Rose continued to race through the trees, but was unable to find the hobbits. She rounded a corner and came upon -- the rest of the Fellowship! With a student! Rose looked closer, saw who it was and groaned. Of all the unwelcome events...Arriana Nott was now with the Fellowship. Since she had not been seen, Rose went back a few paces, became human again, then raced back to the Fellowship to explain the bad news: Frodo and Merry were missing.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 09:08 PM   #222
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

In the back of her mind, Arriana knew she was being borne by that very peculiar man. But to where. Or to what, she did not know.

!!!!!!~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!

Snape trailed after Rose. He lost her in the charms corridor, along with the Hobbit. Snape racked his mind. What should he do? He knew the general reason to why they were here, but what EXACTLY needed to be done was a mystery.
Making up his mind, he rounded on his heel (meaning the ball of his foot) and sped off toward the Headmasters office.

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 11:49 PM   #223
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

more freesia

hullo, it's becca again...though you could call me babber, being, squiggle, valeblossom, or whatever you take into your head to call me.....
just so long as you don't call me late for lunch!
i'm just having too much fun...please excuse some random and inane comments...it's been a long day
*blinks* would you look at that! the sky's blue!

we last saw freesia in the tower at the portrait of the Fat Lady....now we continue from where we left her

Freesia scowled. it seemed to be her most frequent action lately.. but she had a lot to think about. she was CERTAIN (NOT Sartan for whoever has read the Deathgate Cycle, and is familiar with the goings on of a "sartan" Zifnab {a most powerful wizard, oh yes} and his dragon...*the name's Bond....James Bond* *oh. they talk like that down in texas...wasn't sure...*) that rose had been fibbing when she had tugged on the arm of her cousin 'martin' (rather original, eh, silver). he had looked scared, which was fishy. she hadn't seen any curly haired, short and plump children at the sorting, but he could have been in a different house(which wouldn't explain WHY rose would have been taking him to the Gryffindor common room). he hadn't even been wearing hogwarts robes. plus he looked as if he were a shrunken 20 year old...she hadn't taken art for nothing, and could tell if and when a body was out of proportion to its age. she must think i'm really dumb thought freesia then again everyone does..i should be used to it by now...but i thought she was my friend
unicorn14br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 11:52 PM   #224
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

more on freesia

frowning again, she growled dangerously at a group of cocky second year boys, as she pushed her way over to the girls stair case. she needed to be somewhere quiet to think. the common room was not the place to find solitude. reaching the dormitory was a relief, and she went to the window seat to mist the window with her breath and study what she knew, and to puzzle what she hadn't learned out. interesting that rose had disappeared to do her detention in the kitchens for several hours, and within the next half hour she was down on the front lawn, her horsey gait distinguishing her from above. next a black shadow and a white horse appear from where she and another student had been standing...she had some of it figured out, rose must be an animagious or whatever it was, and whoever had been with her must be too. since she had appeared to be toting her 'cousin' around the school it seemed appropriate that the second animagious would be him. it wasn't unheard of for a youth to figure out the tricks of a spell like that, and freesia could understand why rose wouldn't want anyone to know. 'martin' looked old enough to take care of himself....so rose and 'martin' were animagious. that sounded logical, but 'martin' WASN'T logical. hadn't rose told her that her father's only sibling and older sister had four girls the oldest one about 8? rose's mum's sister and husband were celebrating the birth of their twin sons, a few months old now. and rose's uncle and his wife were newly wed. none of the choices were right for 'martin' to even be remotely related to her. he didn't even look like rose. Ghandi, her mail-umbrella cockatoo flew over. he settled on her chest, fluffing his feathers and looking for all the world like a solemn monk. he reached up, gently and affectionately bit her nose, and poked his head under her hand.
as the prickle from his sharp beak faded, Ghandi's beady eye emerged from beneath her hand and fixed her with a glazed and slightly philosophical stare as he murmered at her "To be or to be is not a question."
"How appropriate," she said aloud as she snuggled him closer, smoothing his rumpled feathers."People i think i know turn out different and untrustworthy, the teachers can't see me for who i am, and my bird's an oracle.....*hopelessly* and i don't even know where to look now." She sighed and shifted her position.
Ghandi lost his balance and rather took offense at this. He ruined the moment by beating her on the head with his wings at the same while squawking indignantly "Don't poo on the rug!"
unicorn14br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 01:59 AM   #225
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
I won't call you late to lunch. but it might be gone by the time you get there! Welcome back!
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 02:17 AM   #226
Silverstripe

ic:Rose: Rose was now in the midst of the Fellowship, speaking to Aragorn, (I'm going to call him that for now, okay?) who seemed to be the leader of the group now that Frodo was gone. She explained what had happened, including why she had left, for she felt that this man, and also the elf Legolas, were not to be deceived, nor was it likely that she could successfully hide part of the truth from them. Rose sighed. She certainly hadn't fooled Freesia earlier, but she hadn't been up to a long explanation then. Aragorn, to her surprise, did not seem angry that she'd left Frodo and Merry. He did, however, tell her that she must help find them. Rose nodded and she and the Fellowship began walking quickly through the Forest, looking anxiously for the missing hobbits, but not calling them for fear of bringing some evil on their trail. As they walked, Legolas (who was bearing an unmoving Nott) explained a little of the history and power of the One Ring.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:22 AM   #227
Fred Baggins

ic: pippin: * I knew Gimli wouldn't be able to find the way back!*

Frodo: I don't ever remember them finding us again. It all happened in a whirl wind. But what I do remember is a voice. Not the Rings, but another.*'Drop the Ring Frodo, and come to me. I can help you forget that bothersome Ring, and I can find someone better able to take to Ring and Destroy it. Come Frodo, Come..."
Old 11-24-2002, 02:37 AM   #228
Silverstripe

ic:Rose: The Fellowship rushed through the Forest, and suddenly Frodo was there, looking as if her were in a trance. Again. Rose tried to pull him back, but in this trance Frodo was stronger, and he simply shoved her aside. In desperation, Rose whipped out her wand, pointed it at Frodo, and screamed out the only spell she could think of at that moment: "Petrificus Totalus!"

ooc: Fred, just realized you said you haven't read the books. That's a full-body bind.

Last edited by Silverstripe : 11-24-2002 at 02:39 AM.
Old 11-24-2002, 03:00 AM   #229
Fred Baggins

ooc: then there's not much I can do huh?

ic: Pippin: What did you do to him? He's not movin' at all. Is he all right? And why is he all sleep walky like that?
Old 11-24-2002, 02:36 PM   #230
Silverstripe

Frodo fell to the ground with a heavy thud. Except for the chatty Pippin, the Fellowship was staring at Rose as if she had just killed Frodo, and Aragorn had drawn his sword.
"He's all right," said Rose quickly, "I only, well, put a spell on him, to stop him from going anywhere, you see. I think he was in a trance. I haven't harmed him. But I won't release him 'til it's safe, and that will be after we get out of the Forest again." The hobbits, at least, still looked a bit suspicious, but Aragorn nodded and picked Frodo up. Now there were two people that had to be carried; Rose only hoped the number wouldn't get any higher!
Old 11-24-2002, 06:25 PM   #231
Silverstripe

ooc: well, Frodo, you can think, but yes, that's about it.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:59 PM   #232
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: GEEZE you type enough here. I can barely catch up.

icL Aragorn: When we finally stopped running we were in a dark forest with a full moon shinning abpve our heads. A white horse galloped in front of us looking frightend. I held my hand in front of Legolas who wanted to come to the mares aid.
Legolas: Estel the mare needs help.
Aragorn: It looks as though it is warning us my firned. JUst stay here.
The horse looked back then trotted away towards a large dog figured creature running the opposite direction from us.
Frodo before I could stope him ran after the mare in hot pusuet. I ran after him followed by the rest of the eager fellowship who wanted to get away from the invisible danger. We caught up to the the horse but did not find the young mare but a girl. She took us to a castle she called Hogwarts. Just as the children had called it back at the other starnge place.
The girl told us to wait outside as she took Frodo and Merry into the castle. I did not wish to remain in hopes to find a way out in that forest. As I did I found an odd cottage then out of the door of the castle Frodo came bounding out looking dazed and sleepy. He towards the forest and I followed followed by the girl and Merry. The girl screamed strange words and Frodo fell to the ground looking mangled. I took my sword out ready to strike the girl for hurting Frodo but she explained her reasons and I decided it was best.

ooc: Ok I have no idea what to say for Cody so here goes.

ic: My inner human mind told me to not attack the strange humans and to run. The night was almost over and as I ran the horse followed. I ran to the outside of the forest and transformed back into my humaqn form. The transformation was painful and I was left ragged and hardly covered in the torn robes. The cold air made me shiver and Rose resumed her human form.
Rose looked at me worriedly but then was occupied with the sight of the strange humans running towards us. I panicked and without looking back ran towards the castle to avoid their presence. Rose loked back at me then at the strange humans again. I returned to the castle and rushed myself to the hospital wing. Ms. Pomfrey was not to happy to see that I had not met her at the front door and had put Rose in danger . She healed my wounds and gave me some potion to drink. I laid in bed thinking of the danger I had put my new friend in and the Slytherin girl.
Would she tell of my curse?
I was worried of being kicked out of Hogwarts which was pretty much the only school that accepted me. Dumbledore came to me and told me that it was ok and that I would be able to stay. I was overjoyed at this news and hugged Dumbledore. He seemed surprised at this move but he laughed.
I sat in bed and wandered about Rose and what was with the strange short fellow. I sat up and looked out the window and to my shock I found Rose running towards the FF with more strange people following her.
What the Illuvatar is going non here?
Old 11-24-2002, 07:10 PM   #233
Silverstripe

ic:Rose: Rose and the Fellowship made their way out of the Forest, and nothing else had attacked them since she had stopped Frodo from walking towards the center of the Forest while in his trance. The fact that nothing had threatened them again worried Rose even more than it would have if something had happened to them before they could get out of the Forbidden Forest. It was as if someone had ordered anything that could harm them to stay away from them for now... someone a great deal more evil and powerful than anything Rose had encountered before.
Rose decided not to say anything about this to the Fellowship, and grimly pressed on towards the castle.
Old 11-24-2002, 08:57 PM   #234
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Arriana was having wonderful dreams about a land that didn't exist, full of wonderful creatures, tall things with pointy ears, short things with beards...and a severly bad temper, and shorter things with humgously hairy feet. She had remembered her father telling her stories about such creatures Elves Dwarves and Hobbits, but they never existed, then she realized she wasn't dreaming...She screamed and the elf carrying her nearly dropped her in surprise.

"Will you shut up?" came a cold scolding voice, Rose Gallaghans voice.

"How the bloody hell did you get here?" She asked. She hated being followed. She fumbled for her wand only to realize she didn't have it. She opened her eyes wide with shock and horror.

"My bloody wands gone give it back Gallaghan!" she said, squirming out of the elf's grip.

Old 11-24-2002, 09:12 PM   #235
Silverstripe

Rose was concerned that the Slytherin girl had lost her wand, but really, Nott shouldn't have accused her of stealing it!
"I don't have your bloody wand! As for what I'm doing here, I'm trying to help the Fe--" she cut off in mid-sentence, suddenly remembering that Nott knew nothing of the Fellowship. "Never mind about me, what are you doing here? And without your wand, too?!"
Old 11-24-2002, 09:21 PM   #236
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Arriana did something very childish then. She stole the girls wand a quickly performed a hex, "BURNUNCULOUS!" she said. Gallaghan broke out into huge blistering boils.

Arriana smiled, she then performed another spell, "ACCIO WAND!" almost immediatley her wand came whizzing into the forest. "Much better." she said.

the group of odd fellows were apalled.

"What?" She said, "She's just a stupid Gryffindor."

Arriana tossed Gallaghan her wand, her tear streaked face now littered with red boils. "I can fix it, if you promise not to get me Baaack." She knew Gallaghan would except, it was advanced healers magic that could fix it. Most 7th years couldn't handle it. Arriana was so elated.

OOC: I am sorry, I'm just a bit bored.

Old 11-24-2002, 09:39 PM   #237
Silverstripe

For a moment Rose thought of accepting, then suddenly her anger and pride got the better of her, becoming stronger even than her pain.
"No, Nott," she growled, "And I won't get you back, but I'll be..." she swore "if I let you do this to me! No, I won't take your cure..." Suddenly, although Rose was not aware of it, a red gleam came into her eyes, and Nott stepped back, looking terrified.

ooc: It's all right, Aeryn, so am I.
Old 11-24-2002, 09:42 PM   #238
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

"Is that so?" she said, not sure what to do, something VERY odd was going on with Gall.

"Fine, I will find MY way back to the castle by myself..." she walked off, useing her wand as a compass.

Old 11-24-2002, 09:47 PM   #239
Silverstripe

Rose waited until Nott had gone to exclaim, "Ouch!" Now, finally, Aragorn and Legolas didn't seem to be so angry with her; they simply looked concerned. "Look, I'll be all right, I can find someone to take care of this later, don't know how Nott learned it though..." She sighed. "Let's go." She began trudging back to Hogwarts, the rest of the Fellowship following. She had almost reached the castle again when she ran into Dumbledore. And standing at the Headmaster's side, waiting for an explanation, was Snape.
Old 11-24-2002, 09:54 PM   #240
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

OOC: Ah yes, faithful Snape.

IC:
Dumbledore's eyes had a strange excited light in them. He looked at the Fellowship...yes...he knew they were THE Fellowship. "You...must be Aragorn." He said, putting his hand out to shake the Rangers hand.

Snape whispered excitedly, "So...they are...you mean...you are..." He for once in his life couldn't find the right words to describe it.

~~~~~~~~~

Arriana found the castle quickly, and snuck through the doors, thinking herself very clever. But awaiting her was Dumbledore and Snape. She fidgeted.

"Er, hello Headmaster..." she said, guilt prevelant in her voice.

"Hello Ms. Nott." He said almost cheerily. "Would you be so kind as to wait in my office? Your friend Ms. Gallaghan will be up there-"

She interupted, "She is NOT my friend."

"Not yet?" he said amusingly. "Well, anyway, the password is 'Lollipop'. Go on!" He called

She skated around Snape who was looking daggers at her. She though to herself, What is a lollipop?

She made it to the goblin, and after giving the password, climbed the old narrow and all too familiar steps to Dumbledores office.