Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-04-2005, 11:46 AM   #221
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Yeah, I'm trying to make one myself on my computer with some of my own digital photos but I can't get the images down to the right pixel size. Anyway, I really want the three Eagles, like they appear in RotK when they attack the Nazgul at the end, right before they take Gandalf to go pick up Frodo & Sam. Is there a way to make an avatar that would look like them, and swoop with claws out like that? I love eagles so much; as Treeebeard would say, I was too "hasty" when I picked a name for myself upon registering with entmoot - I would like to have been Gwaihir. ah, well.

Can you give me any advice about this eagle avatar idea?
I have two for you but there not very clear:
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:22 PM   #222
MrBishop
Elven Warrior

I found a pic from the Rotk cartoon of eagles swooping. :shrug:

Another oprion would be to use pics of a real brown eagle swooping down.
MrBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:25 PM   #223
MrBishop
Elven Warrior

Found 1 pic from the cartoon
also found pics of real brown eagles, which might be twigged to match what you're lookinf for
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rotkeagles.jpg (5.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg rotkeagles2.jpg (9.3 KB, 30 views)
MrBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:03 PM   #224
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thank you, MrBishop! Those are nice, but not exactly what I'm looking for. I wonder where I could find a still of that movie moment, where the eagles come flying in and attack that fell beast?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 05:57 PM   #225
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I have a question - I want to make my avatar a drawing by Michelangelo called Tityrus, it's a pic of an eagle attacking Tityrus; how can I size it right, get it from the website it's on (Web Gallery of Art) and use it? Can I do this?

Old 05-04-2005, 06:19 PM   #226
Mercutio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I have a question - I want to make my avatar a drawing by Michelangelo called Tityrus, it's a pic of an eagle attacking Tityrus; how can I size it right, get it from the website it's on (Web Gallery of Art) and use it? Can I do this?
Do you have any picture/photo editing/creating software? You could save the picture on to your computer and cut it down to size with that (note: the limit is 60 x 60 pixels). It's possible to do that in Paint (that comes with Windows), but a lot more complicated since you can't see the pixel size (and you just eyeball to crop things...not easy to get a nice square).

Or you could post the link here and one of us would be happy to oblige

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 07:28 PM   #227
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I do have the software, but I'm still stuck... Here's the site http://www.wga.hu/index1.html
I wonder, can the pic be enlarged, centering on the eagle, then cropped, so that on the tiny avatar perhaps some detail will be discernable? If not, I'll need to keep looking around for more suitable avatar ideas.

Old 05-04-2005, 08:27 PM   #228
Mercutio

How much of the eagle? Here are a few you can glance at. Let me know if that's not the section/zoomed-ness you wanted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tityus I.jpg (1.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg tityus II.jpg (1.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg tityus III.jpg (1.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg tityus IV.jpg (1.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 05-04-2005, 08:47 PM   #229
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

The second one looks good, but it's hard to tell what the picture is. What do you think, should Ii use it or try loooking again? BTW, thank you so much for helping me!

Old 05-05-2005, 06:59 AM   #230
Mercutio

I'm going away now (short trip), so someone else in the Shoppe would you take over? Thanks a bunch! Gotta run!

Good luck Lotesse
Old 05-05-2005, 11:13 AM   #231
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio
I'm going away now (short trip), so someone else in the Shoppe would you take over? Thanks a bunch! Gotta run!

Good luck Lotesse
I'll try to do a bit more work (if thats possible ) around the shop.
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
Old 05-09-2005, 12:24 PM   #232
strider8
Elven Warrior

I don't normally use my own work but i think i might use this one, because it swows my love for dragons and it also shows my love for tolkien's books:
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Dragon fire.bmp (9.3 KB, 67 views)

Old 05-15-2005, 04:58 AM   #233
strider8
Elven Warrior

i,'ve made another avy:
Attached Images
File Type: bmp The white tree.2jpg.bmp (4.6 KB, 29 views)

Old 05-18-2005, 06:54 PM   #234
The Wizard from Milan
Elven Warrior

New "leaf" favicon.ico for your bookmark of this website

I created a favicon.ico (even if I have not called it "favicon") for your bookmark of this website. You can find instructions on the net on how to use it (short version if you use IE: download the file and put it somewhere were you can leave it forever, right click on your bookmark, properties, change icon, brows until you find the file in the place where you put it, click it, ok all the way)

The favicon has been created by lifing the leaf image in this website (and minimally enhanced), so that this favicon and the stile of this site match.

I can't upload it because .ico is not a valid extension for uploading on this website ,
but I can send it via email if you are interested.
The Wizard from Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 02:11 PM   #235
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Just explaining my current avatar..

I made it for someone ages - but they never used it.

If you cant tell its the evenstar glowing away with the obvious tengwar scrolling underneith it.

Also - I was wondering why Mod/Admins are allowed 100 X 100 avatars and the rest of us are not?

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 09:23 PM   #236
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yeah, why ARE only mos/admins allowed to use 100by100 - I've made a few of my own, now that I'm getting the hang of it, but they're all too big for entmoot... how can I make them smaller?

Old 05-22-2005, 06:34 AM   #237
strider8
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Just explaining my current avatar..

I made it for someone ages - but they never used it.

If you cant tell its the evenstar glowing away with the obvious tengwar scrolling underneith it.
yeah i saw that avy,i think it was in Ye Olde Avatar Shop.
If not it was near the begining of this avy shop

Last edited by strider8 : 05-22-2005 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:28 AM   #238
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Summer is here - despite the Edinburgh weather.

So thought it was time for a nother spell of my sun-light one.

Not Tolkien related in any fashion before people try to pick up on it..

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 08:43 AM   #239
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Here's another Av:

P.S.
This shold be my 745th post
Attached Images
File Type: gif Minus Morgal.GIF (1.2 KB, 25 views)
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:56 AM   #240
strider8
Elven Warrior

Does anyone know how you get a picture into a GIF, JPG, or PNG? i,d be really greatful if someone knew how to do it.