Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 03:18 AM   #201
Entlover
Elven Warrior

You're probably right, Gerbil. But I don't think Frank Herbert is a good example of a great writer.
Will you please define "weird"? i think Elijah is weird because he appears to be bright, articulate, empathic, and incredibly talented. Could we say "unusual"? I tried to get my son interested in acting when he was 7 (when Elijah started) and he would only stare at the lights as if stunned. So EW must have something.
How could anyone prefer Sam? The problem with Sam is that the actor who plays him is much more intellligent than Sam is supposed to be.
Samwise, yes I am a Christian, but I'll try not to annoy anyone with it. What are the Redwall books?
Old 03-04-2002, 07:33 AM   #202
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Frank Herbert being a great writer is I suppose totally up to people's opinions and tastes. But he WAS a great visionary - in the same realms as Tolkien and the others I mentioned, that's all

As for Elijah having something, it's commonly known as 'pots of cash'
Old 03-04-2002, 07:22 PM   #203
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Quote:
Here is a question I would like to ask you, why do you think she sounds like a Git in real life? Did you meet her somewere and ask what she if she was a git or what? Are you friends with her? Or did you find a Magazine somewhere that said "Liv Tyler is a git"? Just Wondering.
I have two words for you CBG: TV INTERVIEW!
I've listened to her on TV INTERVIEWS and I can barely HEAR her AND what's more during her interview she only talks about her ears and her elvish lines.
The Redwall Series is this series of books about animals that live in an abbey and have to protect it against all types of evil animals like rats and ferrets. It's a good series.
Gerbil you shoud have discovered by now that I am VERY literally minded. Stuff like that goes straight over my head. And sorry if I sounded like I was being sarcastic(as CBG's post seems to be hinting at as it is as equally sarcastic). It's an end of winter thing I guess.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 03-05-2002, 01:13 AM   #204
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I love Sam because he is funny, practical, helpful, loyal, loving and an all around awesome guy. While Frodo's worried about the ring and leaving and all (okay, admittedly I would be too...), Sam's getting all the practical things like cooking pots and rope. And all that. *Sigh* I don't know. I just think he's awesome, that's all.
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-05-2002, 08:53 AM   #205
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by samwise of the shire
Gerbil you shoud have discovered by now that I am VERY literally minded. Stuff like that goes straight over my head. And sorry if I sounded like I was being sarcastic(as CBG's post seems to be hinting at as it is as equally sarcastic). It's an end of winter thing I guess.
Sam
OK, will have special 'samwise' version of my posts from now on
Quote:
] The Redwall Series is this series of books about animals that live in an abbey and have to protect it against all types of evil animals like rats and ferrets. It's a good series.
Let me get this straight - you are saying that rodents are evil?
Old 03-05-2002, 10:56 PM   #206
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Nooooooo!! Ferrets are NOT evil!! Especially white ones!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
Old 03-05-2002, 11:25 PM   #207
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Actually, almost every animal in the book is a rodent. The abbey is run by mostly mice, so no, not ALL rodents are evil!
Old 03-05-2002, 11:26 PM   #208
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I love ferrets, too...but it's a redwall thing, they even have a book about it, how they adopt this baby ferret and then he turns out to have to leave because he's inherently violent or something. I haven't read those books in a long time.
I want a ferret! Ferrets are really cool. And special, and nice and wonderful and they don't scratch furniture. Actually, they might...I'm not sure about that.

<------------------- LOOK! I'm an enting! (only I sorta liked being a hobbit...oh well. soon i shall be an elven warrior! haha!)

-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-05-2002, 11:45 PM   #209
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

WHITE FERRETS!! They bounce too!! Tee hee.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

Old 03-05-2002, 11:46 PM   #210
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I remember that book, it's my favorite. The ferret's name is Veil, because the badger mother predicted how he would turn out.

Remember though, he's quite like Boromir.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:10 PM   #211
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
The one about Veil is the Outcast of Redwall. I cry SO hard at the end. But I LOVE the Bellmaker and Marlfox. Those are my FAVORITES! I like Ferrets too. I want to get one someday. Name it Pippin.
DOes anyone know of any magazines where there are interviews with Elijah and all the others? Just wondering
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 03-06-2002, 10:14 PM   #212
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Quote:
Originally posted by samwise of the shire
DOes anyone know of any magazines where there are interviews with Elijah and all the others? Just wondering
Sam
Hey...I second that....I'd like to know too. But if think if you do a search on a good search engine you can find stuff. Or if you go to magazine's websites (www.time.com, i THINK, don't kill me if it's wrong), and search for LOTR interviews, or check the archives.

-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 03-11-2002, 07:48 PM   #213
Gorhiriel
Elven Warrior

Grrrr.....

Gerbil, i most strongly suggest you RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!! I AM COMING!!!!!! You bag Elijah, you answer to ME!!!

BOROMIR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"And anon shall I Sail into the West: with the setting sun I shall remove my light from this world..."
Old 03-12-2002, 12:23 AM   #214
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

LOL, another one! Our ranks are swelling! Flee, all ye non-fans of Elijah!!

Old 03-12-2002, 01:22 AM   #215
Gerbil
Elf Lord

You think I can't handle you lot?

*squeaks menacingly... sorta*
Old 03-12-2002, 02:03 AM   #216
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I'd like to hear a menacing squeak.... It...uh...somehow loses something in the translation...
*sQueEeEe* Yahhhh, another ally to our cause...of...um...what really IS our cause, besides defending Elijah so we can drool--uh...*cough* ADMIRE--more freely?
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 03-12-2002, 05:11 PM   #217
Gorhiriel
Elven Warrior

MUWAHAAA

Scary squeek?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! By the way, ELIJAH RULES FOREVER!!!!!!!!

"And anon shall I Sail into the West: with the setting sun I shall remove my light from this world..."
Old 03-12-2002, 07:51 PM   #218
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Re: MUWAHAAA

Quote:
Originally posted by Gorhiriel
Scary squeek?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! By the way, ELIJAH RULES FOREVER!!!!!!!!
It's implied menace see?
Something so cute turning out to be something so utterly bloodthirsty. Seen Monty Python's Holy Grail? I'm related to the rabbit.
And Elijah WON'T rule forever because I'm going to bite him and he'll die of the black death so :P
Old 03-12-2002, 07:56 PM   #219
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Does that mean you're a flea, Gerbil? It was the fleas that carried the plague, after all.

Old 03-12-2002, 08:04 PM   #220
Gorhiriel
Elven Warrior

Bite Me will you?

One word mousie: FLAMETHROWERS!!!!!
Black death my foot: that was wiped out years ago! ELIJAH STILL RULES!!!

Closed Thread