FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-15-2001, 05:31 AM   #41
cb0308

Re: Poll: favourite Silmarillion hero?

Fingolfin
Old 02-10-2001, 02:01 PM   #42
Captain Stern

Feanor

Feanor because his personality seemed monumental to me and because he was the mightiest and most gifted of all the Children of Illuvitar.

I particularly loved the bit when he slammed the door of his castle in Morgoth's face. FANTASTIC!

Such a shame he died so early in the story.
Old 06-21-2001, 02:02 PM   #43
Findarato Ingoldo

Re: Favorite heroes of the Sil?

I'd have to go with Finrod. Gotta be kinda tough to kill a werewolf with "bare hands and teeth".
Old 06-21-2001, 08:14 PM   #44
Idril Celebrindal

Finrod for me, too...
Old 06-21-2001, 11:18 PM   #45
Lord Xanthyz

Right off the top of my head I would say Turin, since he was the one who slew Glaurung when most everyone else ran...

Also he tried REALLY hard to do what was right even though his life was screwed up by Morgoth's curse...

Also he had a big impact in fighting the forces of Morgoth with his group of outlaws while most people hid.

Also I just finished reading the Narn I Hin Hurin so Turin's story is fresh in my mind

I would have to go back and read The SIlmarillion (it's been awhile now ) again in order to finalize who my favorite hero would be.
Old 06-22-2001, 02:11 AM   #46
Inoldonil

Hmmm. Favourite hero? Rather depends on one's definition of a hero. I suppose it would be Tuor. I wouldn't have said that (probably) if I had not become familiar with Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin in Unfinished Tales, where you get a much deeper insight into him and the (beginning of the) story. Alas for its abandonment!

One of my favourite scenes from the Elder Days is the mighty Lord of Waters revealed in majesty to the son of Huor on the shores of Vinyamar, speaking to him with his dreadful voice out of the Deep, and the proud Marachian cast down on his face in terror.
Old 06-23-2001, 06:26 PM   #47
Sister Golden Hair

That would be Finrod Felagund. There are others that I am fond of. Beleg is one, and Fingon.