Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2002, 05:13 PM   #1
Laurenis
Enting

zits; leave 'em, squeeze 'em?

I know it's quite a crude question but ive been thinking about this (oh dear i have just lost all chances of ever getting the respect of other mooters ) , and its confusing. they (as is them. the evil ones. ahem i love you mommy!) tell you not to pick at them or anything cus it'll scar, but who wants to just leave a zit until it gets so huge and unbelievable gross and full of nasty pus (i apologise again!) that it explodes itself and can be named the younger sibling of Vesuvius. And so I ask, from experience; leave 'em or squeeze 'em?

----------

itd like to take this point to apologise to anyone who thinks that this is thread is horrible and unhygenic and all that kinda stuff.. but why not?

keep on smiling!
'Therefore he willed that the hearts of Men should seek beyond the world and should find no rest therein; but they should have a virtue to shape their life, amid the powers and chances of the world, beyond the Music of the Ainur, which is as fate to all things else; and of their operation everything should be, in form and deed, completed, and the world fulfilled unto the last and smallest.'
Laurenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 05:18 PM   #2
notthatinnocent
Enting

Oh jeeze. You'll have to excuse me while I vomitt. j/k

-Laura
Old 03-23-2002, 05:23 PM   #3
Laurenis
Enting

oh comeon everyone gets them; why not talk about it. thats a thing about the community today (oh dear i feel an OAP speech coming on... "back in my day"...) but seriously people shouldn't be so weird about talking about stuff and be more open about things.

We're all naked underneath so let's all join nudist collonies!! woohoo ! lol
'Therefore he willed that the hearts of Men should seek beyond the world and should find no rest therein; but they should have a virtue to shape their life, amid the powers and chances of the world, beyond the Music of the Ainur, which is as fate to all things else; and of their operation everything should be, in form and deed, completed, and the world fulfilled unto the last and smallest.'
Laurenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 05:53 PM   #4
mirrille
Elven Warrior

I say leave'em alone.
Your mommy's right. They scar if you pick at them. Not only that, the infection will just spread as you damage the skin (and with your grimy fingers too!) and the zit will get bigger. I know it's hard. Just leave them alone. If it makes you feel better, you can slather zit cream on it. I hear those Neutrogena patches are really good, though i've never tried them.

Come on people! This is nothing to be ashamed of. This is a real skin disease that affects millions of people. The least we can do is talk about it and educate ourselves.

Remember, if it's really bad. (Permanent scarring, can't hold your head up) go see a doctor.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 06:03 PM   #5
BeardofPants
the Shrike

But squeezing them is so... satisfying...
Old 03-23-2002, 06:58 PM   #6
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Do not pinch them!

I did that (o.k o.k i still do sometimes) and a few left small holes in my face where they were!

use the face wash stuff everyday! and also put some cream on places that are getting zitz. I sware that if you keep that up for at least a week it will help lots! I had a place on the side of my face that had clusters of them for months, then after a little while of using the face stuff it was all gone!
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote