Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-04-2004, 11:48 PM   #41
inked
Elf Lord

Lizra, oops! I forgot who uttered that lavishly nice phrase about liking older men. But now that I am corrected, let me abase myself to you in sorrow for such a neuronal dysfunction! *abases self* Pardon, mi'lady, a thousand pardons!!!

I note in the transcript of OBL's statement that he thinks he had a significant part in the fall of the USSR militarily and financially. Delusional is the term for diagnosing that level of self-absorption. He conveniently forgets the role of the USA in the equation. That probably works well with illiterates and persons unable to contact the outside world. No one with a sense of history could fall for it. And he thinks he can do the same to the USA and thus cause the West to fall? Interesting theory, but he doesn't have the resources either militarily or financially.

by the by, that last claim can now be shown not to be the product of American hubris but of OBL's braggadocio (for certain Irish posters who seemed to allege otherwise !)
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #42
inked
Elf Lord

Won't be anymore of these videos to discuss. Even after a lapse of 6.5 years.

Good enough.
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 05-03-2011, 05:51 AM   #43
BeardofPants
the Shrike

How embarrassing for Pakistan that he WASN'T hiding in a cave.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #44
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

When I first saw this thread, I thought JD had come back to post it.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #45
inked
Elf Lord

Well, I would be interest in JD's take on the absence of Bin Laden...........