Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #61
Amael
Elven Warrior

Middle Earth, in orbit, looking down with my super powerful telescope from the future, just seeing what's all going on without being seen .... just in case some of my old friends happen to decide to start a little fun of their own.

But seriously, I'd live on Betazed from the Star Trek series. It's a telepathic society. It's also quite the oceanic world .... more so than Earth I think. That's kinda cool. Everybody knows what everyone else is thinking, so there's no reason to be paranoid and talk at length about something everyone already knows, like politics. I had to look up best possible worlds to find out that Betazed would be one of them.

If it had to be a place on Middle Earth, I'd choose Hobbiton. It's quite distant from the ravaged by war East that everyone already knows too much about. But Valinor is better than all of what Middle Earth has to offer, combined. The One Ring was more valuable than all of the Shire, when just one building in old Tirion is far more valuable than the ring.

Quote:
Elf? Spare me. Live with the Lakemen? And do what? Rohan, to run a late second to his horse? Gondor? WTH are the women, there? Where is Bergil's mom?
Seriously, I must agree with that statement, completely. Rohan is wood, Gondor is stone, Mordor is iron and fire, Rivendell and Lorien are wood + stone + water and in not so good times, fire. Plus the Elves taught the Ents how to talk in their language. Pssh, the self interest of the Elves never ceases to parallel with that of the men, and I'm one of those Elves!

"Men, above all else, desired power." More or less, both desire a great deal of power. Elves just have a better way of hiding that intention. Hobbits and Ents ... don't desire power. They already have it. If a hobbit like Samwise Gamgee can bring down a spider dozens of times his own weight, with nothing more than some little sword and acrobatics, that's saying a lot. When Isengard throws some of its force into Helm's Deep and nearly blows the place apart, while the Ents smash Isengard into splinters of wood and stone as if they do this as a mere daily exercise, that's also saying a lot. But of course ... Elves did slay Balrogs. But who's to say an Ent or Hobbit couldn't? They just didn't get the chance yet! Balrogs negate most magic done to them, so a man, Hobbit, or Ent would stand just as good of a chance. When magic is useless, Elves aren't the Balrog take'em down experts. But then again .... there are those special kinds of wizards too. But they're rare, very rare.
Amael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #62
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Well... Do I have to be human in this given fantacy world?

Because the dragons in Eragon and it's sequils are waaay too powerful, and so I'd like to go there as a native dragon, just sit there and nap for eons...

Not worrying about brave knightly heroes (because everbody seems to reguard those dragons as almost divine),

not worrying about instinctive lust for gold (because apearantly the dragons in Asglasia don't want treasure),

and not worrying about the political state of the world, because it'll never work out
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:16 PM   #63
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I wouldn't mind settling in Dream's kingdom, from the Sandman graphic novels. Awesome (if slightly scary) employer, infinite library, access to any fantasy world in existence, and beyond most worries about dying.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote