Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #1
Amael
Elven Warrior

My sister starts college again, just a few days from now. All in all, it's been a rather chaotic month, or 2. I got started with the Rpg once again, the Long Lost Leaves one. I added a short post that should suffice humour-wise for now. I noticed my husband's extremely long post and never got to read it. It looked more like narration than anything, and he is a good narrator, just long-spoken.

I've been trying to get my sister back on here but she's been pretty busy with transferring to annother university and she ended up in late registration for courses, but fortunately she got what she wanted for courses. She's been pulling a lot of work lately, with helping me start a new site and spending time on visiting the new university. I really like the new place she's going to, and I think she'll do well there. Fortunately she won't have to take money from Josh or my grandparents for dormitory expenses.

The place already seems emptier even before Josh's vacation ends and Mandy goes to college. It's that deep calm before the ... even deeper calm.

Our first year together, Josh and I, would have started off a lot better if not for all of these distractions in the way. Hopefully things will cool off a little and that deeper calm will bring Josh and I together a little more, without all the little stuff in the way in between.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amael View Post
My sister starts college again, just a few days from now. All in all, it's been a rather chaotic month, or 2. I got started with the Rpg once again, the Long Lost Leaves one. I added a short post that should suffice humour-wise for now. I noticed my husband's extremely long post and never got to read it. It looked more like narration than anything, and he is a good narrator, just long-spoken.

I've been trying to get my sister back on here but she's been pretty busy with transferring to annother university and she ended up in late registration for courses, but fortunately she got what she wanted for courses. She's been pulling a lot of work lately, with helping me start a new site and spending time on visiting the new university. I really like the new place she's going to, and I think she'll do well there. Fortunately she won't have to take money from Josh or my grandparents for dormitory expenses.

The place already seems emptier even before Josh's vacation ends and Mandy goes to college. It's that deep calm before the ... even deeper calm.

Our first year together, Josh and I, would have started off a lot better if not for all of these distractions in the way. Hopefully things will cool off a little and that deeper calm will bring Josh and I together a little more, without all the little stuff in the way in between.
Welcome back

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 08-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

*flops on couch* repair guys just left.

If you live in your parents' house or a dorm, you have no idea how lucky you are.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 08-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
If you live in your parents' house or a dorm, you have no idea how lucky you are.
Funny thing is, my parents say they're lucky to have me still at home as often as the reverse.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
*raises eyebrow*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Funny thing is, my parents say they're lucky to have me still at home as often as the reverse.
I don't mean at all that young people don't contribute to their households.

But houses are like cars, in the 'on-going bills, insurance, maintenence" respect...except they often represent a large part of one's material wealth. It can be really tense.

I would love to open a refridgerator once and find my roommate had left me goodies.

or even leftovers.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 08-28-2008, 04:09 PM   #6
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:

But houses are like cars, in the 'on-going bills, insurance, maintenence" respect...except they often represent a large part of one's material wealth. It can be really tense.

I would love to open a refridgerator once and find my roommate had left me goodies.

or even leftovers.
That totally wouldn't happen. For one thing, I have a single. For another, I'm the only one of my friends who ever buys anything.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 08-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
And don't you forget it. I'm tired of hearing old people including my own granny say we young'uns don't have work ethics.

Quote:
Very true. I'm very glad I can go on saving for a little longer without having to foot all the housing and goods bills.