Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-10-2008, 04:08 AM   #61
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel View Post
I did know, but forgot to mention, that Norway has a huge amount of oil reserves. I believe this accounts for your lack of a national debt, though the only way this benefits the average Norwegian is that none of your tax dollars have to go to debt payment.

I love trains so much. As long as the train doesn't cost too much, I would take an 8 hour train ride over a 45 minute flight. I just love trains so very much!
That's about right. We have an insane budget surplus every year due to the oil revenues. But we neither subsidize our own gas prices or use the oil revenue. Most of the oil revenue we're saving for a day when it's really needed. Thus the fiscal policy of the government is not to be dependent on the oil, but to save it, and intsead have its main income through taxes, so Norway has the highest taxation in the world. But since we have the highest wages in the world it sort of evens out.
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #62
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

That makes sense. What you should really examine is how much buying power the krone has. That's what really matters.

Gas prices-wise, my fiancee is buying a 2003 Toyota Matrix. This vehicle has double the fuel efficiency of the piece-of-crap Neon I told you about earlier. He has been thinking about getting a new car for some time.

The funny noises from the transmission are what made him decide to act now. The car goes "clunk" when you put it into reverse, even when you're completely stopped and the clutch is fully engaged. He has felt that the car is on its last wheels for some time now. This new car is superior in every way (handling, safety, maintenance record, service, acceleration, comfort and style).
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote