Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #201
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
I know political debates can get heated but this is far enough. Personal attacks and flaming are not allowed on the Entmoot. And if I see any more, by anyone, it will be removed.
Here, here!

It's very difficult, isn't it, not to see individuals as representative of their government. People get carried away.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:59 AM   #202
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

[posts removed]

Look, I'm not in the mood right now to watch some male posturing. What part of 'no more' wasn't clear the first time I wrote it? If you can't discuss the topic without personal attacks, just don't post.

This thread will be closed for today to give everyone a cool-off period.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:58 AM   #203
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

The threads been re-opened, the personal attacks removed.

I'd like to remind everyone of the rules the Entmoot has. No personal attacks or flaming. And if you see such a post report it to a moderator, do not respond to it on the forum in a likely manner.

Thank you, have a nice discussion.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:00 AM   #204
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
The threads been re-opened, the personal attacks removed.

I'd like to remind everyone of the rules the Entmoot has. No personal attacks or flaming. And if you see such a post report it to a moderator, do not respond to it on the forum in a likely manner.

Thank you, have a nice discussion.
Thanx Eärniel for stepping up.

I don't really wish to continue this discussion with the latest debater. Personal attacks have no place in any discussion, and certainly not accusations of anti-Americanism.
I wanna share though with you Insidious Rex an e-mail I wrote to Senator Joe Biden last year when he was still competing in the Democratic primaries just to kill off the claim that I am somehow anti-American because of my accusations against the Bush Administration & Iraq.
The only thing I've edited out is my full name (hihi)
& Don't laugh at my way of writing, I wrote it kinda formally cuz you know, he's a Senator

"Dear Joseph Biden,

I am a truly great admirer of yours. I'm a political science student in Norway in my 2nd year at the university and I have followed you through C-span hearings since the U.S. pres. elections in 2004. You're brilliant mind, eloquate speeches and passionate work warms my Norwegian heart as Americans like you leave me no doubt what a great nation the USA is and what potential it has (yet has in these past years failed to meet).

I write you to congratulate you on your descision to throw in your much needed heart, expertise, intelligence and pragmatism into the Executive branch of your country. I hope you succeed and I am spreading the word as much as I can here in Norway your tremendous qualities. Future competitors like H. Clinton and B. Obama along with a throng of other smart minds deserve great credit, but there is no doubt in my mind that you heavily outdo them in all fields but mediocracy!

I wish you the best of luck and hope that the pragmatism and level of honesty and problem-solving you have shown in Congress be part of your campaign.

Good luck, or as we say in Norwegian, Lykke til!"

Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:04 AM   #205
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Joe's a nice guy, if a trifle apt to shoot from the lip. I'm sure he was pleased to get your warm letter.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 05-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #206
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Yeah he can't control himself sometimes But now that he's out I'm opting for Obama
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:42 AM   #207
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Well, it would be pretty funny if old Joe got a Washington address by being a VP pick. But we have another thread for that discussion.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 05-25-2008, 06:05 AM   #208
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Rules are rules, and I think you did right Earniel, but I just wanted to say that having read IR's and CH's posts I thought they were great entertainment.

OK, is Obama going to get into talks with Iran, Syria, Turkey etc about Iraq? What about McCain?

I suspect nothing will happen until well after the election, so we can expect no great change in US policy before early 2009.

In that time, a lot could happen.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #209
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer View Post
Rules are rules, and I think you did right Earniel, but I just wanted to say that having read IR's and CH's posts I thought they were great entertainment.
Agreed. I have to admit it was fun... We havent had a good passionate dust up here in some time. Reminded me of the old days. Sorry it put you off Earnial but really how rare are these occurrences nowadays. Things have gotten quite tame. Not enough real horn locking if you ask me. We all know each other so well even those we passionately disagree with its hard to get worked up over. Leave it to two head strong opinionated souls to trigger a bit of scorched earth.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote