Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-13-2008, 12:09 AM   #21
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel View Post
I'm not a ham, but I really like amateur radio. My exposure is limited to truck drivers, fire fighters and forestry workers while driving around logging roads.

I also enjoy small town radio stations and campus radio, which sort of fall into an amateur grey area (depending on how polished the hosts/DJs are).
It is very worth looking into, I must say. I don't know what the Canadian qualifications or licensing process is or how it works, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz View Post
You know what would be really cool? A weekly Entmoot Radio Podcast. I was thinking about this all day today, and I just had these really cool ideas for what would be the segments. Naturally we would have a "biography minute" for JRRT, a segment for talking about movies, a segment for news and politics, and of course jibber jabber of the sort we find here.

I would be host (naturally, since I came up with it), and some of you folks would call in and talk to me.

Don't ask how I put this all together, because I have no clue...I guess I would tape our conversations, and just edit it into something cohesive.

Does anyone think this at least sounds like a fun idea?
That's a great idea! I'd gladly contribute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer View Post
You could do a weekly one minute rpg dramatisation - have 3 poeple or so with mics - to cover some of the roles - they record their lines and send you the wav / mp3 file to cut it together - get some free special effects wavs etc, and whoa!

I'd also like to see a spike milligan /goonies style entmoot irc live podcast

we set up a time for all to jump onto an enmoot irc channel -and we have 3 people on skype nominated to read it out in wierd accents each posting -as fast as they can as the irc channels hums along

no swear words or anything above a mild double entendre, obviously

again throw in some samples- honking horn...steam train..hippos burping etc randomy ...

again ..just edit in the best parts
That's a great idea! If you want a comedy RPG I can do a pretty good Jack Benny voice, and an even better--ugh! What's his name! Time to do some word associations to find out why I've repressed his name... Anyway, it will come to me.

Although, lemme just say, perhaps this podcast and college stuff is best placed in another thread? I was kind of hoping for strictly (but not too much) ham radio topics in here. I'd gladly contribute to the other threads.