Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-31-2007, 02:51 AM   #1
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

New Movies Comin' Up

Clips and wishes to see movies which are currently in production, close to release, or have just been wrapped and premiered - Anybody have clips and wishes to see any new flix?

Please attach mini-clips and/or previews when at all possible, they are so much fun to watch...

Here, I will start the thread out with a little clip from a nicely innocuous new pixel-animated film getting ready to be realeased, called The Bee Movie. It looks like it's sort of like Antz, but with bees, and without Woody Allen -
Here:

http://www.filmdrunk.com/post.phtml?pk=512

So, let's share film-preview links and talk about what films we anticipate coming to theaters!

Oh! I also want to add, I can't wait to see the Coen brothers' film adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's No Country For Old Men. That was such an incredible novel; I just read it last week, and I heard the film does the book good justice (a rare thing, that, no?)and is pretty bad-ass. I'll post a preview link for it later -

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-31-2007 at 02:54 AM.
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:30 PM   #2
Nautipus
Kraken King

I been waitin' fer dis un.

The Mist

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

I'm gonna check out "American Gangster" on friday, it looks like it'll be awesome. Which is to be expected when you put Denzel and Russell togetheer.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.

Last edited by rohirrim TR : 11-01-2007 at 08:52 PM.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
rohirrim TR

Oh and who all is gonna be checking out Sweeney Todd??? That one should be fascinating at worst and freaking awesome at best.
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:53 PM   #5
Nautipus
Kraken King

American Gangster: Definately
Never heard of Sweeny Todd.

Can we post links about games we are eagerly awaiting as well?

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:14 PM   #6
rohirrim TR

Sweeney Todd-70's broadway musical by stephen sondheim, the only musical I've ever enjoyed and the single production that got me into theater when my school did it. The film stars Mr. Depp and Tim Burton directed, its kind of a spooky macabre type,not really horror just creepy, but it has some really complex themes and solid story.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0408236/
Quote:
Old 11-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
Oh and who all is gonna be checking out Sweeney Todd??? That one should be fascinating at worst and freaking awesome at best.
Sweeney Todd? Oh, ME!!! Are you kiddin'?! This is a film I am very, very much looking forward to seeing, preferably in the theater rather than on DVD. I want the whole experience. I worship Johnny Depp, love Helena Bonham Carter, and adore Tim Burton. This is gonna be so good, you guys.

Here, here are some awesome trailers for Sweeney Todd, plus fun blog-commentary, from my very favourite film blogger, FilmDrunk.com.

http://filmdrunk.com/index.phtml?t=SWEENEY+TODD

And American Gangster? Hell yes. That is also going to be very, very kick-ass, I think. I've got nothing but love for both Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe, two of my favourite currently working male film actors.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #8
rohirrim TR

Lotesse!! Great minds think alike I can tell.
long time no..um dialog?

hows it going in Lotsy land??
Quote:
Old 11-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #9
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

So many movies coming out this season that I want to see

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:16 AM   #10
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Its a year off, but I'm looking forward to the new Star Trek movie that will be a prequel to the original series. Its being produced and directed by J.J. Abrams, and executive produced & co-written by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci. So far, the announced cast is:

Bruce Greenwood - Captain Pike
Chris Pine - Kirk
Zachary Quinto - Young Spock
Leonard Nimoy - Old Spock
Karl Urban - McCoy
Anton Yelchin - Checkov
Simon Pegg - Scotty
John Cho - Zulu
Wynona Ryder - Amanda Grayson (Spock's Mother)

Filming has just started and it will be in theaters December 2008. Being the original Star Trek geek that I am, I'm really hoping this will be good!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #11
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Wow. I thought that was a rumor.

While we're on the topic of In Production, I can't wait for Hellboy 2 and the new Indiana Jones movie. That outta be good

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:53 PM   #12
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
the new Star Trek sounds awsome!
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:57 AM   #13
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

delete

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill

Last edited by GrayMouser : 11-18-2007 at 01:01 AM.
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:33 AM   #14
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
Lotesse!! Great minds think alike I can tell.
long time no..um dialog?

hows it going in Lotsy land??
Ciao, Rohi-Baby!! Well, Lotsy-land is L.A., and while I do love this beautiful, various, sprawling crazy city, it has been difficult lately, for me, financially & physically and whatnot, but guess what? My BF spotted Lindsay Lohan at Clafouti's yesterday - Clafouti's is a restaurant on Sunset Blvd., in Sunset Plaza, he likes to eat lunch there when he's in Hollywood and he ALways spots the stars, he's way better than me at star-spotting that's for sure. Last month, he sat next to Sharon Stone all lunch, took pix of her too and she does look rather amazing I gotta say, for her age and all.

And how are You, Rohirrim? God, I just hardly ever get the chance to visit and post on any of my old favourite places any more; so how've you been, baby? Are you gonna see Beowulf? Are you gonna see No Country For Old Men? You should read Cormac McCarthy's book first, but I have heard from my co-writers in class who've seen the film already that it is quite good, so, hmmmm... I want to see it. But that book blew me RIGHT away when I read it last month.

http://www.nocountryforoldmen-themovie.com/

They make you enter your name and zip code and birthday to verify you before you can see the trailer, and trust me I did my little fake-identity-givin' checkpoint Charlie try-ta-slide on their ass but it didn't work, but you can enter George Bush's zipcode, birthday and name and it works. Yes, the president fela, that fake-ass chump oil-slingin' war-making country-funking fool himself - his profile is:

George W. Bush

July 6, 1946

Zipcode: 20500 (It's the White House, on Pennsylvania ave., in D.C.)

whatever, but if you enter these datumisci you'll see the trailer. (my word. datumisci. It means "little pieces of personal true-data, to be utilised for purposes of viewing R-rated trailers on the Internet")

Old 11-18-2007, 04:19 PM   #15
rohirrim TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Ciao, Rohi-Baby!! Well, Lotsy-land is L.A., and while I do love this beautiful, various, sprawling crazy city, it has been difficult lately, for me, financially & physically and whatnot, but guess what? My BF spotted Lindsay Lohan at Clafouti's yesterday - Clafouti's is a restaurant on Sunset Blvd., in Sunset Plaza, he likes to eat lunch there when he's in Hollywood and he ALways spots the stars, he's way better than me at star-spotting that's for sure. Last month, he sat next to Sharon Stone all lunch, took pix of her too and she does look rather amazing I gotta say, for her age and all.

And how are You, Rohirrim? God, I just hardly ever get the chance to visit and post on any of my old favourite places any more; so how've you been, baby? Are you gonna see Beowulf? Are you gonna see No Country For Old Men? You should read Cormac McCarthy's book first, but I have heard from my co-writers in class who've seen the film already that it is quite good, so, hmmmm... I want to see it. But that book blew me RIGHT away when I read it last month.

http://www.nocountryforoldmen-themovie.com/

They make you enter your name and zip code and birthday to verify you before you can see the trailer, and trust me I did my little fake-identity-givin' checkpoint Charlie try-ta-slide on their ass but it didn't work, but you can enter George Bush's zipcode, birthday and name and it works. Yes, the president fela, that fake-ass chump oil-slingin' war-making country-funking fool himself - his profile is:

George W. Bush

July 6, 1946

Zipcode: 20500 (It's the White House, on Pennsylvania ave., in D.C.)

whatever, but if you enter these datumisci you'll see the trailer. (my word. datumisci. It means "little pieces of personal true-data, to be utilised for purposes of viewing R-rated trailers on the Internet")
I'll have to check out the trailer when I get off work LOL.

Yeah I want to see "no country". Beowulf looks kind of iffy, it looks too much like watching someone else play a video game, still If I can find it in 3D I'll probably give it a watch.

I think National Treasure 2 will be worth a laugh.

What kind of writing class?? like screenwriting??
Quote: