Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-09-2003, 10:11 AM   #41
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by durin's bane
Sony is ruling because gamers today refuse to buy game systems if they don't have all that extra crap in them. The PS2 is ugly,
Yes, I know, I wish I had a purple system too.

Quote:
poorly put together,
It's not an essay. It's a box.

Quote:
and has the worst game selection I have ever seen. Most of its games are 1st person shooters and sports games.
I doubt that FPSs and sports make most of their market. The games are different, though, because they're specifically for people over the age of of nine.

Quote:
Sony doesn't care if your PS2 doesn't work seven years from now, because by then, they'll come out with something new that has everything PS2 could do, plus a built-in cloning machine, a light-show producer, and a beef jerky maker. Sony is run by money-hungry gibbons that only want to make a PS2 as much of a multi-tasker as possible so that they can reel in your money. Nintendo is in it for the long run. They are an all-game company. They know what will work and what won't. They don't need to glue on a bunch of pretty bells and glitter to the Gamecube so that people will buy it; they have great quality games to make it sell.
Oh, have you heard of the Q? My good friend is a Nintendo collector with opinions similar to yours. He ordered the Japanese version of Game Cube, called the Q. You know what it is? A larger box, chrome, with blue lights around the controller sockets, a DVD player, retractable thing to put the games in, and runner lights on the top that say hello when you turn it on. It wasn't given to the rest of the world simply because the Japanese assumed we're not ready for it, plus they knew that Americans go for it if it's tiny.
The same story goes for Super Mario Bros 2, ten and someodd years ago. The Nintendo company didn't think that people outside Japan would be ready for Mario is Missing. (Maybe because it could frighten the kiddies).

And about PS2 accesories, which would include a DVD player, of "crap quality." It was installed to read DVD based games, which give noticably better, smoother graphics. (Graphics that the games would actually utilize, by avoiding cell shading) Of course, it could also play DVDs, and so why not add it in? That was a good idea, Sony.

Quote:
Oh, and the reason Nintendo is dropping prices is probably because they aren't as demanding for money. Sony hasn't dropped PS2 prices officially; they still want that $300.
Actually, that's probably more directly related to the fact that GameCube has stopped selling, while PS2 hasn't.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 10-09-2003 at 09:41 PM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 04:22 PM   #42
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Sales are based more on the games that are sold, than the consoles. You should know that.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 11:16 PM   #43
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

But regardless - this just in: since the price cut last week, the GameCube has been outselling the PS2 by 20%.

i.e. it's number one in North America right now, where it deserves to be.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 08:03 AM   #44
stupid_fat_hobbit
Sapling

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
But regardless - this just in: since the price cut last week, the GameCube has been outselling the PS2 by 20%.

i.e. it's number one in North America right now, where it deserves to be.
That's reat news!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif cube.gif (7.0 KB, 44 views)
Old 10-13-2003, 06:15 PM   #45
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
Yes, I know, I wish I had a purple system too.

It's not an essay. It's a box.
For your information, my Gamecube is black.

PS2 isn't a box. And by poorly put together, I mean it's got poor material. I posted a link to a comparison between GameCube's hardware and PS2's. You'll see what I mean.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:56 AM   #46
Lady Tinuveil
Elven Warrior

~

Currently I have a 64, I like all of my games for it. My favorite is Killer Instinct.
I like the fighting games. I also have a PSone, with quite an assortment of games. The next console I am looking to get is the Xbox, I hope there are a lot of games to chose from! Does anyone know the price/ estimate?

Hey, How do you like the Gamecube?
(it is on sale...)
When I buy a console I usually get bored of it, and the selection of games.
Lady Tinuveil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 02:29 AM   #47
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Have any of my fellow Cubers here played Viewtiful Joe yet? Is it really as thumpingly wonderful as everyone says it is?
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:25 PM   #48
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

I haven't played it, but I've heard from the people who have that it kicks arse.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:30 AM   #49
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by durin's bane
\

PS2 isn't a box. And by poorly put together, I mean it's got poor material. I posted a link to a comparison between GameCube's hardware and PS2's. You'll see what I mean.
Truthfully, I'd rather play the NES than the GC. Hardware has little to do with it.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 10:18 PM   #50
stupid_fat_hobbit
Sapling

Has anyone played the True Crime: Streets Of LA game it was supposed to be really goods but i haven't tried it yet. I want to get it for cube.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:05 AM   #51
mazyray
Sapling

has anyone got a new ps3 yet? because im still waiting. still! has anyone seen the new ad all to do with the processing? i just know it's gonna be such better game play. *sigh*
mazyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:11 AM   #52
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Well...I work in an electronics store...so I have the inside scoop on what people are buying.

And the Nintendo Wii is winning by a long shot.

The PS3 is amazing, the graphics and internet capabilities, and BluRay player are all awesome.

But it seems that people aren't as interested in good graphics as they are in innovative gamelay...they'd rather play a game with poorer graphics, but more interactive gameplay.

Wiis are flying off of the shelves, PS3s are moving more slowly.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:01 AM   #53
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod Felagund

But it seems that people aren't as interested in good graphics as they are in innovative gamelay...they'd rather play a game with poorer graphics, but more interactive gameplay.

Wiis are flying off of the shelves, PS3s are moving more slowly.
It's about time that started to happen. Where people would stop looking at how elite the graphics are. Of course you still have the group of people that my friends and I label "GTA worshipers". I was really glad to see Nintendo do so good recently. And now that Sony doesn't control the majority of third party support like it did for the ps2 there will be a more even distribution of games.

Being a huge gamer myself means that I get really annoyed when I see people buy into advertising for a game that I know will have crappy as hell gameplay but because it "looks cool and has guns" everyone thinks that it can't go wrong. That's the definition of GTA worshiper. The majority of gamers and parents of gamers are tricked into buying the same thing over and over and over at a ridiculous rate.

Over the last year or so I've become very anti Sony. Their business practices have been shady to me. Almost dishonest even. At the very least they have been completely unoriginal but still act like they are on top as they were during the PS2 days.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote