Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-22-2006, 02:35 AM   #1
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
When it came it surpassed his wildest expectations. The Shire bloomed and flourished all over.

Even the elmtree, in some magical and inexplicable way, had grown to almost full length.

But, when he one day, came by Bag End to visit Frodo he found him lying in his bed, muttering "It's gone. Gone to the Shredder."

The next day Frodo was all right again. Only then did Sam remember that yesterday had been the anniversary of Frodo being cut by the Lawyer's Subpeona.

As the months passed Sam noticed with sadness the lessening of the impact Frodo had on decisions by the County Council despite fact that he had been chosen emergency Chairman of the Board.

Also, Sam noticed the gradual withdrawal of Frodo's from all things pertaining social events in Hobbiton.

One day, when he, Merry and Pippin came by for a visit they found Frodo in the process of packing his things.

"What are you doing?" asked Merry."You don't think you can give us the slip, do you?"

"Yes, I am leaving. The Shire wasn't saved for my sake. I've been cut and stung and the carrying of The Package has taken its toll. I've gotten a mail from Gandalf in which he told me that the powers-that-be have decided to let me travel to Valinor and find peace."

"But, Master, you can't leave. I thought you would stay here with us and perhaps find yourself a wife and live happily ever after."

"Yes, Sam, in the beginning I thought so too. But it is not to be. I'm tired and worn out from the Quest."

So the next day, Frodo and the other three began making preparations for the journey to the Grey Havens.

Early in the morning, they left the Shire behind in Pippin's rented BMW.

Several hours later they arrived at the Grey Havens, where a magnificent white 100foot motoryacht was moored. On the pier stood Gandalf, Galadriel and Elrond awaiting their arrival. The foursome parked and got out.

"Well, friend, are you ready for the final long trip?" said Gandalf.

"Yes, as ready as I'll ever will be." said Frodo.

Then Galadriel, Elrond, Gandalf and Frodo boarded the ship and the moorings where slipped and it sailed away.

The remainder of the Homies stood on the pier waved their final goodbye. Frodo waved back. Soon the ship was only a white dot in the sunrise.

The trio got back in the car and left for home. Sam got off at Hobbiton. Merry and Pippin drove on to a pub.

When Sam came home to his wife Rosie he sat down in his favourite chair surrounded by his family.

"Well, I'm back."

THUS ENDS RETURN OF GOOD ARCHITECTURE - THIS BEING THE THIRD AND FINAL PART OF THE LYRD OF THE RYNGS.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 09-22-2006 at 02:48 AM.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote