Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-07-2006, 11:22 PM   #81
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Hello, Bran! I like Radiohead, as well, and you're right about that transition on Abbey Road between the two songs. And listen, if you want to buy a new Pink Floyd CD, to add to your collection, I'd say definitely you must have The Wall, and also Wish You Were Here - Bombadillo would have more Pink Floyd advice than I, I think. But those two albums got me through some times, I can tell you! TOTAL cool classics. Animals is good to have around, too.

Elvis Costello - "Watching The Detectives." Awesome song!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:06 AM   #82
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Wish You Were Here, & UmmaGumma!
The live disk of UmmaGumma is most excellent

" Set the controls for the heart of the sun..."
Old 03-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #83
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
I'm glad someone mentioned Credence. They are awesome! I got a chance to see them when I was in high school. Not the origanal band sadly. I graduated in '98. It was all the original members minus Fogerty, but they guy they got to sing for them sounded exactly like him. They called themselves Credence Clearwater Revisited. I still have the ticket stubb. I love classic rock! Led Zep, Santana, The Doors, LOVE The Doors.

It makes you kind of wonder though. What's going to be considered "classic rock" in 20 yrs? I already hear stuff like GnR, Motley Crue, and AC/DC on classic rock stations. Could it be possible that what we call classic rock now will be called "ancient rock" when I'm 50?

I love country music to. Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Sugarland is a great new country band, Johnny Cash though some may say he isn't really country, Hank Williams Jr, and I can't forget Kenny Chesney.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #84
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

radioforhelp from alberta by the way
white stripes
arctic monkeys
nirvana
rubberneck smoove(england...my 2nd cousin has this band and another) they are awesome
fallout boy
our lady peace
SO MUCH...LOL
i have way more to list but these ones will do

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #85
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

For All You Pink Floyd/ Roger Waters Fans in Entmoot!!

I would have posted this in the Pink Floyd thread, if such a thread existed, but alas it does not, so I decided to stick this here. I guess I could have put it just as easily into the Oscars thread I made, since it is a conversation whicjh occured at the famous Vanity Fair/Morton's After-Oscar party last Sunday, but I was worried maybe Bombadillo wouldn't catch it, or any of the other Pink Floyd/ Roger Waters guys might miss it, so without any furthur ado, here it is:

from the Chicago Tribune's Mark Caro, at abovementioned exclusive party -

" At one point I looked down, and Roger Waters of Pink Floyd was sitting and chatting. Soon he stood up, and I asked him about his plans to tour a concert version of Floyd's classic "Dark Side of the Moon" album in Europe with Floyd drummer Nick Mason in his band.

He's still looking for someone to sing David Gilmour's parts. I suggested David Gilmour, but, alas, last summer's triumphant Live 8 Pink Floyd reunion didn't stick, and Waters said Gilmour has been dumping on him interviews again, saying Live 8 would've sounded just as good without Waters.

Suddenly Naomi Watts walked by, and Waters said, "Excuse me, I've got to talk to her."

And it clicked: Watts told me years ago that her father was a Floyd sound engineer; it's his laughter you hear at the beginning of "Dark Side of the Moon."

here is more - a reader had asked for more comment -

CARO COMMENT: " He was perfectly friendly. His voice seems permanently scratchy. I told him how I found myself surprisingly moved as Floyd played Live 8. He said he could tell it was going to have that effect when they rehearsed. I asked whether he got goosebumps, and he said no; he was just playing.

When I brought up Gilmour, he said the guitarist had been "funny" in recent interviews, saying that Waters' presence in the Live 8 show was meaningful to other people but if he hadn't been there, it wouldn't have sounded any different. (Waters said this appeared in Q. I haven't seen it, though I did get the new Mojo with Gilmour on the cover; Gilmour doesn't slam Waters but pretty much says the reunion was a one-shot deal that happened only because Gilmour wouldn't let Waters run the show.)

Waters also said he's been working on a lot of new material, but I didn't get anything specific on when something will come out because Naomi Watts walked by, and he had to scurry to catch up with her. She was happy to see him and said her brother was outside, and he'd love to see Waters too, and she started calling him on her cell phone. I politely excused myself. "

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:59 PM   #86
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I would have posted this in the Pink Floyd thread, if such a thread existed, but alas it does not, so I decided to stick this here. I guess I could have put it just as easily into the Oscars thread I made, since it is a conversation whicjh occured at the famous Vanity Fair/Morton's After-Oscar party last Sunday, but I was worried maybe Bombadillo wouldn't catch it, or any of the other Pink Floyd/ Roger Waters guys might miss it, so without any furthur ado, here it is:

" At one point I looked down, and Roger Waters of Pink Floyd was sitting and chatting. Soon he stood up, and I asked him about his plans to tour a concert version of Floyd's classic "Dark Side of the Moon" album in Europe with Floyd drummer Nick Mason in his band.

He's still looking for someone to sing David Gilmour's parts. I suggested David Gilmour, but, alas, last summer's triumphant Live 8 Pink Floyd reunion didn't stick, and Waters said Gilmour has been dumping on him interviews again, saying Live 8 would've sounded just as good without Waters.

Suddenly Naomi Watts walked by, and Waters said, "Excuse me, I've got to talk to her."

And it clicked: Watts told me years ago that her father was a Floyd sound engineer; it's his laughter you hear at the beginning of "Dark Side of the Moon."

CARO COMMENT: " He was perfectly friendly. His voice seems permanently scratchy. I told him how I found myself surprisingly moved as Floyd played Live 8. He said he could tell it was going to have that effect when they rehearsed. I asked whether he got goosebumps, and he said no; he was just playing.

When I brought up Gilmour, he said the guitarist had been "funny" in recent interviews, saying that Waters' presence in the Live 8 show was meaningful to other people but if he hadn't been there, it wouldn't have sounded any different. (Waters said this appeared in Q. I haven't seen it, though I did get the new Mojo with Gilmour on the cover; Gilmour doesn't slam Waters but pretty much says the reunion was a one-shot deal that happened only because Gilmour wouldn't let Waters run the show.)

Waters also said he's been working on a lot of new material, but I didn't get anything specific on when something will come out because Naomi Watts walked by, and he had to scurry to catch up with her. She was happy to see him and said her brother was outside, and he'd love to see Waters too, and she started calling him on her cell phone. I politely excused myself. "
Hm. I think it's a shame that the Live 8 didn't get them together as one band again. And yeah, sure it would have sounded the same if they had another one playing the bass instead of Waters, but it wouldn't have been Floyd, and the magic hadn't been the same.

Anyways, I am going to see Waters live 14th June
Old 03-29-2006, 04:02 PM   #87
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
The Beatles are by far the greatest Abbey Road is awsome my second band of course would be The Beach Boy's(especially Pet Sounds)I Like The Monkees too(the album Head is excellent!)
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #88
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pytt
Hm. I think it's a shame that the Live 8 didn't get them together as one band again. And yeah, sure it would have sounded the same if they had another one playing the bass instead of Waters, but it wouldn't have been Floyd, and the magic hadn't been the same.

Anyways, I am going to see Waters live 14th June
you lucky ****er!, id be well content if i got to see him this tour.
id prefer to see David Gilmour solo, rather than a pink floyd reunion concert.
If your show is going to be anything like his last live dvd i envy you man

EDIT: ohhhhh your seeing RW live pff **** that, scratch above comments, GILMOUR RULES

Last edited by Millane : 04-14-2006 at 12:02 PM.
Millane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:15 PM   #89
Sam
Elven Warrior

Zeppelin
AC-DC
Black Sabbath
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Doors
Old 05-16-2006, 05:58 PM   #90
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Ah, generational trends set the mood.

Tommy Dorsey-no, really, go listen to some of his stuff.

Queen

and assorted but limited others.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:38 PM   #91
Sam
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Queen
absofreakinlutely, I love Queen ! Freddie Mercury had such controll over his voice in such a high key, and Brian May's solos (even thogh they weren't as complex as hendrix's or page's)were pretty excellent.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:35 PM   #92
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse

*violent sigh* Goddam drama! I hate that high school stuff. They ought to both know that together, they'd rock the world.

IDK how I missed that post of yours back in March, Lotesse.

I did get the new David Gilmour CD since then anyway. It's awesome.