Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-04-2006, 03:51 AM   #1
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

I thought it was totally class. Earniel, your banner was genius. It had a genuine sense of being mocked up by some aesthetically-challenged trekkie. And the brown text on black background was also hilarious.

I was online when the switch happened: one minute I was looking at Treebeard, the next I thought someone had slipped some acid in me taters.

It's a shame how it transpired with Lotesse. I can understand why she felt the way she did. I don't see how her original post deserved editing, particularly given that it must have been difficult to write.

However, I think on boards like these:
1) it's hard to manage stuff like flaming and that, because you read stuff and you have to guess the context in which it's meant
2) flame wars can break out easily, which puts everyone else off and can ruin an online community
3) therefore, managing boards is difficult, and we need to cut mods and admins plenty of slack, realising that we won't agree with what they do all of the time
4) the best way to deal with disagreements is in some sort of private forum first.

It goes the other way too of course, and it would be nice to see some sort of acknowledgement that it's understandable for Lotesse to feel the way she does in such circumstances.

* offers Lotty a swig of tater wine *