Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-24-2006, 01:02 AM   #1
melkormorgoth
Sapling

An idea for this forum

I love RPing, in Middle-earth particularly. So I had an idea, though I may be new(sort of) to this site, I suggest that the RP be made into one giant Roleplay, meaning everything happens in the same Middle-earth where people may claim land and interact constantly. This would of course have to take place in the fourth age or maybe the first with Belraind still around. Just a suggestion what do you all think?

Tis a flesh wound!
melkormorgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:21 AM   #2
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Welcome to the Entmoot, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

We tend to be a little more freely in the RPG's around here, allowing every game that has at least a solid connection with Middle-earth, in every possible age, but leaving space for some deviations because people seem to prefer that from time to time.

But you are free to start game-thread(s) according to your proposition, it might be very interesting. It's just not going to be enforced on the whole RPG-forum.

Last edited by Earniel : 02-25-2006 at 05:39 AM. Reason: typo
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #3
melkormorgoth
Sapling

I'm not exactly "new" I was here 4 years ago for a short period of time. The thing suggest is a bit different than what you are thinking, there would be no giant specific story it would be kind of like middle-earth would be there, and people then roleplay in it, till say the ring is destroyed or something like that, then the round is reset.

Tis a flesh wound!
melkormorgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:48 PM   #4
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

A very interesting idea...but it probably would require a whole new forum to work properly. It sounds something like what Lief Erikson is doing with Atharon...except that he's doing it with an entirely new fantasy world.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote