Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 01:38 AM   #21
Evenstar
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
Yeah, the third picture I posted is Elijah jumping on Orlando, I think....::lauhgs:: Aw man...I wish there were guys lik ethat at my school.
Hell yeah
Old 01-28-2002, 01:32 PM   #22
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Sam Gamgee

I swear my eyes WIDENED to the size of saucers when I saw the second picture. That had me REALLY worried there for a minute. I am now resting my head on my computer desk and taking deep yoga breaths of relief that Elijahs NOT gay. Whew and my friend should be happy too considering she's in love with Orlando.
Cn' I be a buddy too?
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 01-28-2002, 01:44 PM   #23
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Eh? So what if Elijah was gay? Would that diminish your chances of pulling him?

And if Elijah WAS gay, he'd definately not be the dominant one, he's too much of a wuss.

BTW - gays really are as camp as they are made out to be. I have a gay friend who DJs at a gay club, which I've been to a couple of times before (make of that what you will :P ) and really the behaviour is OUTRAGEOUS! Imagine the funniest / rudest stuff you've ever seen. Double it. Add a bit more. And that was while it was early. Later on it got really bad

And as for same sex couples kissing - we've all done it at some point. My particular time for to annoy a girlfriend of the time who was flirting with all the guys in the pub - I showed her two could play at that game. Her reaction alone was priceless

Although afterwards I felt dirty and abused Oops, I meant

My ACTUAL point is, live and let live. Why make a mountain out of a gerbil-hill?
Old 01-28-2002, 01:53 PM   #24
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul

Elijah may very well be gay - or he may very well not be gay. It doesn't really matter. He keeps to himself and he's not the egotistical Hollywood type. People can seem gay who aren't and people that don't can be gay. Does it really matter? If he ends up taking a "boyfriend" to the oscars - I guess some people will have to look for someone else to drool over. Or maybe just fantasize about converting him.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2002, 02:07 PM   #25
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
STUFF IT!!!! You didn't even stop to think about what matters to a girl like ME. To me liking a guy who's GAY is really strange an embarrissingm cause girls know how to mak eyou feel like a dork for likeing a gay person so just STUFF IT!
The frankly very maddened
Samwise of the shire
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 01-28-2002, 02:23 PM   #26
jerseydevil

Nazgul

Well I didn't mean to offend you Sam. But anyone that makes you feel like a dork for liking a gay guy (who you didn't even know was gay at the time) are jerks. I'm just saying that it doesn't really matter if Elijah is gay or not. And sorry about the "find someone else to drool over" line. I was just kidding.

Anyway - poeple have no control over who they like or fall in love with. Even if Elijah came out tomorrow and said he was - I don't think it would change your feelings for him at all. He is just a person - with the same problems as everyone else has. It's just that anything he does is going to be put under the public microscope - which I think is unfair.

Also - my post wasn't directed at you. I know you like him - but the fact is that when someone becomes successful or popular like this - people want to pull them down. I think it would be something that would be very unfair to do to Elijah - but chances are there will most likely be rumors floating around. Just like there are about Tom Cruise and almost any other famous/popular actor.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-28-2002 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-28-2002, 02:34 PM   #27
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

I'm sorry. I over reacted. I'm just really happy about my Birthday and stuff so I'm high strung and just about anything can make me go WOOOOOO.
The somewhat calmed down
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 01-28-2002, 02:40 PM   #28
Gerbil
Elf Lord

I bet if you'd suggested that a guy could fantasise about converting a lesbian there'd probably be a flame war already

From what I gather from my gay friend, it often happens that girls fancy gay guys because, to not put too fine a point on it, the femininity that many gays shows is actually a plus point - it makes them much more likely to be on a similar emotional level than, say, a heterosexual male. Also, they have things in common like enjoying window-shopping, doing make up etc. etc.

Seriously you'd get hassle for fancying a gay guy? Hmmmm some people need to grow up. However, I would agree with the comment that it shouldn't make a difference whether or not someone is gay or bi or straight. I started fancying the lead singer from Placebo when I found out he was bi. In my defence, he sure looks cute in an angst-ridden kinda way
Old 01-28-2002, 02:47 PM   #29
dark over lord
Hobbit

That was freaky. Gay I wouldn't think they were judging by the way they kissed. Their lips didn't even touch they were just goofing around.
The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic, for now I find, I have no choice at all. I am a warrior, let the battled be joined.

-dinobot, and me, before i went and got myself shot-

The sleeper has awakend, i am the prince of all sayans once again-Vegeta-
Old 01-28-2002, 03:05 PM   #30
jerseydevil

Nazgul

All this stuff on this board may be sent to Elijah's PR person/firm. My sister was an account executive for a Hollywood PR firm. There are "clipping" companies - they look for any mention in newspapers and magazines for articles on different clients and send them to the PR firms. I'll have to check with my sister to see if they do the same thing with websites. I think on a couple of her accounts they may have looked at what people were saying on the net.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2002, 03:14 PM   #31
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I can just imagine his answer if he does see this.

So, we've got word that people are debating your sexuality.

EW: ::shrug:: Hey, it's Hollywood, it'd have to happen sometime.

Seriously, I didn't mean for this thread to be all about an actors sexuality! I just thought the pictures were funny!
Old 01-28-2002, 03:15 PM   #32
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Oh for sure this stuff goes on all the time.
But I doubt they'd be trawling things as obscure as a message board, simply because there must already be a million and one websites out there devoted to Mr Wooden, and they'll all come up in searches first.
Old 01-28-2002, 03:37 PM   #33
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Gerbil- You pretty much hit the nail on the head regaurding the reason why some girls like gay guys. I live in cali. They are EVERYWHERE here and, to quote Jack from "Will & Grace" "ITS FABULOUS!" I think gay guys are funny and they are great shopping buddies.
Old 01-28-2002, 03:48 PM   #34
jerseydevil

Nazgul

Actually this stuff might go into the Elijah Wood/LOTR file. I'm not exactly sure how my sister used to do it - but any article that mentioned one of her clients was sent to her. In terms of LOTR I don't think this messageboard can be considered obscure.

And Star Polish the pics are funny.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-28-2002 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:41 PM   #35
Darth Tater
The man

You bigots should be ashamed of yourself. Gerbil, especially you! We will not tolerate this sort of discussion at Entmoot.
Closed Thread