Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Feedback and Tech Problems
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-26-2005, 09:23 AM   #1
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Images

The image tag works in this forum, but it's not an option in Middle-earth, RPGs, the Sil or the movies forums. Any particular reason?

Just to double-check...
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:36 AM   #2
Millane
The Dude

yeah it would be quite helpful having the image tag available in at least the entertainment forum, i dont want people to have a choice to see my Manson pictures

bahahaha ok bedtime
Old 02-01-2005, 11:40 AM   #3
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I started the thread to post a bug, not so you could spam!

Erm... yes... is this a vBulletin thing?
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 02-01-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

The IMG code can be switched on/off for each forum. At the begining of the Moot it was allowed in all forums but later it was switched off in all or nearly all forums.

When you use the IMG code in a post you're kind of stealing bandwith from another site: lots of bits are going out of their server each time your post gets loaded. And you know, bandwith has to be paided for. We ouselves have had excess of bandwith problems due to people "stealing" some Tolkientrail images.

So we thought it'd be unfair to allow indiscriminated use of the IMG code.

Lastly we've relaxed our policy a bit and have set the IMG on several forums, but any further change about that issue have to be decided by the Supreme Ent.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:17 PM   #5
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

That makes sense FM. Heh, I'm guilty of this thing myself when I'm to lazy to upload an image to my Photobucket account.
Quote:
Old 02-05-2005, 06:01 PM   #6
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat middle
When you use the IMG code in a post you're kind of stealing bandwith from another site: lots of bits are going out of their server each time your post gets loaded. And you know, bandwith has to be paided for. We ouselves have had excess of bandwith problems due to people "stealing" some Tolkientrail images.
That's not always the case - most of the images I post - I host myself. That way I have full control over the images and they won't just disappear because someone else decided to move a page or redo their directory structure. So it's me who providing the bandwidth for MY images I post.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:34 AM   #7
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
That's not always the case - most of the images I post - I host myself. That way I have full control over the images and they won't just disappear because someone else decided to move a page or redo their directory structure. So it's me who providing the bandwidth for MY images I post.
Yeah, I know, but since your case "it's not always the case" either Ben decided that policy. It's up to him to change it.