Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-30-2004, 11:15 PM   #1
Lord Raiden
Sapling

Looking for complete maps

I'm looking for someone who has a complete and hopefully fairly detailed map of Helms Deep, Minus Tirith (including the pelenor fields), The black gate, Ithilien, and Moria if possible. The reason I'm looking for these maps, and detailed ones if possible, is myself and a number of friends want to poor over the books and the maps and look at how each worked, how the battles came together, and how each city could have been defended better.

Part of this came from my rather sorried dislike for how poorly each one was either attacked or defended and how poorly the defences were assembled in each case. Kind of a fun hobby to see if we could come up with something that would stand longer than each did in each battle or each situation. I'm somewhat of a tactician at heart and I love doing "what if" senarios (try it sometime. They're loads of fun) and looking at each of these battles has been fun, but I'm lacking physical maps to look at. I think my numbers and types of soldiers and the buildings are right, but maps would be a huge help.

If anyone can possibly hook me up with some detailed maps of these places that would be greatly welcome! Thanks!

Last edited by Lord Raiden : 12-31-2004 at 11:17 AM.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
Hob Hayward
Sapling

Tom Bombadil

Have you never heard of "The Atlas of Middle-earth"? Has all the maps you could want for the purpose you stated. Here is a website I stumbled on last year, which shows some battles for RPG purposes:

http://tolkienbattles.bravepages.com/index.html

Send me some of your drawings when you get them finished.
Hob Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote