Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-24-2001, 12:31 AM   #21
galadriel
Elven Warrior

spoiler alert for both BTVS and Angel:

it's a good thing that they're not doing crossovers with Angel this season... with Buffy and Spike being all lusty, and Angel being the father of Darla's child.... things could get *very* complicated, if they aren't enough already! I can just see it:

Angel: You slept with Spike????
<at the same time> Buffy: You slept with Darla???
Angel: It's... Spike! At least I'm a vampire. You're the slayer!
Buffy: So? I slept with you!
<brief pause>
Angel: I was... going through difficult times.
Buffy: I was dead!!!

ok, i'll shut up now.

dreamflower
- for all things Lady Galadriel
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 02:22 PM   #22
Darth Tater
The man

ROTFLMAO!!! I would give anything to see that scene!!!

OK, time for a rant.
I think everybody knows by now that the theme of this season of BVS is Growing Up (there's many other themes related to that one, like the building theme of Addiction, but Growing Up is obviously what it's all about.) Now on to my real point

At other Buffy related conversations I read on the net there's been a lot of discussion lately of Buffy's immaturity. People have cited her refusal to talk about the kisses with Spike as evidence of this. However, I have a very different theory about why she didn't want to talk about those events.

In "Going Through the Motions", the first song in the Musical, Buffy clearly states that she doesn't want to die, but rather that she wants to be alive again. She's living in a world that isn't real to her. She can't feel, because her senses are now accustomed to heaven, which has become her reality.

Right before the first kiss, Buffy sang "This isn't real, but I just wanna feel". When she kissed Spike it was a way for her to escape (though very temporarilly) the hell that is reality. Using Spike to excite herself sexually was always a short relief, but both times the end result was obviously worse. Spike was under the impression that she was showing her true feelings for him, being blinded by his lust (which btw, I think is a natural thing all vampires have for the slayer, but that's a totally different topic). So afterwards he wanted to discuss this. However, she wanted to forget it, wanted to put it behind her. She was ashamed of what she did, and probably hurt even more by reality after that temporary relief. She told herself it would never happen again and then told Spike the same.

But each time she needed more. Like the drug of magic for Willow, Buffy has become addicted to Spike (remember his lines from the preview for the next episode, something like "I'm in you now, you'll always need more", something along those lines.) And this leads me to my final point: the only way for Buffy to end the addiction is to get rid of the drug, meaning she has to kill Spike. Chew on that for a while!
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 04:42 PM   #23
galadriel
Elven Warrior

Very good points, Darth. I hope they don't kill off Spike, I really do like him. I'm not sure if he's actually in love with Buffy, and it's certainly unhealthy for them to have a relationship that's so much founded on lust, but he's still a really cool character.

Maybe he could go join Angel in LA. Well, that's incredibly unlikely, but it would be amusing to see the conflicts between those two.

dreamflower
- for all things Lady Galadriel
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 06:39 PM   #24
Darth Tater
The man

LOL, that'd be awesome, doubt it'd happen, considering the network change, but it would be really funny if it did.

Great episode this week. Amazingly, they pulled off the addiction thing without sounding too much like an afterschool special. Hopefully Willow will return to being the sweetest character on tv like she was in the first seasons.

One problem though: Spike seemed to be naked in every other scene, but we never got to see Buffy without at least his jacket on! Totally unfair!
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote