Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-21-2004, 02:24 AM   #21
Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

I have tried to get in that and am waiting for a response. Also what if you wait till there done with the LOTR discussion thing is done then add it on. There is plenty other stuff that could go in weekly discussions though. Many boards have it (different names and such) and I think it would work great on this board. I think this would be a great idea. But what do you think about the titles.

Also I wouldnt call it weekly discussions. Call it something fun ie- The Green Dragon or The White Council or something of the sort and describe it as Weekly Discussions.

Last edited by Haradrim : 08-21-2004 at 02:26 AM.
Haradrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:33 AM   #22
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haradrim
Also I wouldnt call it weekly discussions. Call it something fun ie- The Green Dragon or The White Council or something of the sort and describe it as Weekly Discussions.
Oh - I don't want to reject your idea outright. Just thought you might want to see for a few weeks how things worked with what we've got.

BTW - I'm sure azalea will work you in on the DP assignments (I assume the one you asked for was still open - besides, I won't be totally surprised if some who took assignments won't still be around when their turn comes up to post). Meanwhile, join in on the discussion of other chapters as they're posted.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:36 AM   #23
Haradrim

I didnt think you were. Actually I have been here before when I was younger and a lot more aggresive. I used to be Thrain (the insane as some people called) and very briefly Groin. I didnt reqally know how things were back then and while I wasnt flamin I was acting obnoxious and rude. I changed my name because I simply forgot my password and my email accounts changed so.

But what do you think of the evil titles?
Old 08-21-2004, 02:38 AM   #24
Valandil

Quote:
But what do you think of the evil titles?
Oh... evil titles are BAD!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 08-21-2004, 02:41 AM   #25
Haradrim

Why????? I think the evil titles are cool. I mean as a Haradrim I wouldnt mind an evil title also people who take evbil names lieke the shadow or Melkor, or Morgoth look really odd with the title Elf Warrior. I mean its just a little off...
Old 08-21-2004, 03:01 AM   #26
Valandil

Quote:
Why????? I think the evil titles are cool. I mean as a Haradrim I wouldnt mind an evil title also people who take evbil names lieke the shadow or Melkor, or Morgoth look really odd with the title Elf Warrior. I mean its just a little off...
OK - you just be an Evil little Elf then. Olmer will love it!

Besides, once you reach Elf Lord with 500 posts (what - about a week from Tuesday? ) - you can request a 'custom title' from one of the all-powerful admins... and THEY might even let you have an evil one.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 08-21-2004, 03:04 AM   #27
Haradrim

I know you can do the custom. I just thought it might be a littl emore fun if we could have two sets of titles cuz I dont want those for my custom title but they would be cool for the prelims. Im trying to get 500 befroe Sept. But I will never spam. GOd I hate spammers those smelly orcs. Also would it be too hard on the admins if they did that or is there some other reason. Also could you pm me if you think the admins will like the weekly thing. Id like to know how that works out.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:56 AM   #28
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

That would be quite cool and you could choose whether you wanted an evil or good one.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:17 AM   #29
Haradrim

Thanks for the back up. If we can get lots of people intrigued maybe the admins will get on board
Old 08-22-2004, 10:36 AM   #30
Telcontar_Dunedain

They could be related to their user names so someone with an evil user name doesn't end up being an elven warrior or a hobbit.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 08-22-2004, 10:38 AM   #31
Haradrim

well I figured that when people register there could be an option for good or eviil. And then on it will use the evil ones. For old members you could jsut make a thread and ask for anyone whowants an evil one to put their name down and nothing mroe. I think that would work and it would be wicked cool.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:57 PM   #32
Telcontar_Dunedain

How about some character trivia. Every week we pick a character and have trivia on that character during that week. Whoever gets the last trivia question right on one character chooses the next?

Old 08-22-2004, 05:50 PM   #33
Valandil

Quote:
well I figured that when people register there could be an option for good or eviil. And then on it will use the evil ones. For old members you could jsut make a thread and ask for anyone whowants an evil one to put their name down and nothing mroe. I think that would work and it would be wicked cool.
Nope, nope, nope... the 'evil' ones would always be trying to live up to that reputation. Couldn't have that on a civilized message board now, could we?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 08-23-2004, 06:33 PM   #34
Haradrim

Thats not true. And besides people already do that because of their names. Evil titles wouldnt change a thing it would just maybe look a little better. Oooh what if their were several sets of titles. Like me titles, hobbit ones, evil ones, orc ones, good ones, elf ones, dwarf ones. That way their would be variety and it would just be a lot of fun.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:02 PM   #35
azalea
Long lost mooter

A lot of things you're suggesting are fundamental changes to the structure of the board, which is not our goal here. We were really just wanting suggestions for making the Tolkien forums more newbie-friendly, as well as getting some ideas from everyone about how to revitilize the Tolkien forums. [EDIT: I copied and pasted your original post in the mod forum, Haradrim, to get feedback from the staff at large.]

I left the character trivia open, but I am making this the FINAL one that will be allowed, because we already have five others, four of which are active, and three of which are on the first page. Trivia threads are fun and nice to have, but having too many is redundant, and it doesn't usually foster discussion, which is our aim.

Frankly, I think that the project is going very well, and there have been a lot of threads opened lately that have been sustaining some meaningful discussion. Thanks, guys!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 07:33 AM   #36
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

for my Key Skills Communications,
I have to create an essay on
'The film was good but the book was better'
and i have chosen LotR, and i am using Bakshi and Jackson for my films,
so i thought maybe an area for threads of this nature might be helpful, even just for people to chat about this...
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:16 PM   #37
azalea
Long lost mooter

That is fine, but it needs to be in the movies forum, as per board policy. Probably just one thread, and we probably have one that could be dredged. I'd love to see your essay, in any case.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:54 AM   #38
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea
That is fine, but it needs to be in the movies forum, as per board policy. Probably just one thread, and we probably have one that could be dredged. I'd love to see your essay, in any case.
if i can find the time to type it out onto a computer at college,
i'll send it to you if you like?

I finished it last week, and i have to hand it in today, but i have it saved on my home computer
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:34 PM   #39
azalea
Long lost mooter

You can PM it to me and I can post it in a thread for you. Or if you feel like it, you can look in the movies forum and find a suitable thread (or start your own if the ones there are very old).