Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-24-2004, 12:04 AM   #1
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

Trailers

I just downloaded the Return of the King Theatrical Trailer once again from the official Lord of the Rings.net website. Is it just me or is it almost as entertainign to watch just the short trailer as it is the entire film? I don't know, I think it is because its like a mini video preview of the book. I say the book because in the trailer there is nothing really that doesn't follow the book. So it makes me wanna read it. I also think its the collection of random shots put together perfectly to match the epic music. I dunno, I just like watching the LotR trailers. Anyone else?

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:23 PM   #2
matthew
Enting

I haven't seen the trailer, so I have no business posting here, but it's pushing up my post count, so I'm laughing with amoral glee!

Flame me. Go ahead.

Matthew in 2028. One by one we're bringing them back.

Vote Nader.

Stop the hamster eaters!!!!

End global warming! Turn on the AC!!!

Gadzooks! Run!
matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:00 PM   #3
inked
Elf Lord

O, as long as we're working on post counts... !

I find the trailers quite good myself and do watch them even off the DVDs. My opinion, which is worth every knut you pay for it, is that the trailers are designed to most closely approximate the text (textus receptus tolkeinensis) so as to sucker in the die-hard fans who are seriously thinking of boycotting the film in question. Sort of like, "Hey, that's pretty accurate, maybe I'll go", and, voila, another copper into the coffer clings as another purist into Purgatory springs! (I'm mixing antecedents, I know ).

Having said that, I still like 'em.

If you haven't learned prior to PJ's adapatations that you aren't gonna get the trailer, well...live long and learn (Vulcan salute).
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941

Last edited by inked : 10-13-2004 at 03:01 PM.
inked is offline   Reply With Quote