Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-30-2004, 07:46 PM   #1
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

Throngil

Not sure if this is the right section to post this in but, here we go. People have been talking about other Tolkien ideas they would like to see on film, with ideas such as Beren and Luthien, The Hobbit, or the Story of Numenor. I was just reading some posts and thought it might be a pretty interesting movie to see the life of Aragorn before the War of the Ring. Aragorn as Throngil. We would see a young Denethor, a young Theoden, and the prequel(ish) movie to Aragorns life. Anyone think this would be a good idea?

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:45 AM   #2
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Yeah that would be quites good. Especially Aragorn and Arwen's meeting. But it would be very short. it only took up a couple of pages.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 04:12 AM   #3
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

Well there would have to be a lot of creativity in this story. The director would have to have the freedom and creativity to create sceans in Gondor and Rohan, with Aragorn serving Ecthalion in his battles with the Orcs at Osgiliath! Meetings with Gandalf, meeting with Arwen. A Lot about his fellow Dunedain, searching for Gollum even!? His times in Lorien, Mirkwood, Rohan, Gondor, Imladris, the Wilds! I think it would be a great film.

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:14 PM   #4
The Nameless One
Hobbit

Thats a cool idea for a prequel....what would be awesome too is the story of the Fall of Arnor to the Witchking or the forging of the rings. Those both give a lot of back history to Aragorns lineage and answers the questions surrounding Sauron. i.e:why does he want the rings so bad? Who else had a hand in making them?, etc. They only touch the surface on these questions and never really give a good explanation in the movies.
The Nameless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:49 PM   #5
Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

I think it sounds like a great movie idea and I even pondered that once. However I dont know how I would feel about someone other than Tolkien creating stuff that wasnt really in a book into a movie. I just dont know. But imagine it they could even show Aragorn and all his adventures with the Sons of Elrond. Now that would be wicked.