Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-17-2001, 10:11 PM   #1
ArbiWan

Did Galadrial do it?

Quote:
'If only the Lady could see us or hear us, I'd say to her: "Your Ladyship, all we want is light and water: just clean water and plain daylight, better than any jewels, begging your pardon." But it's a long way to Lorien.'
Very shortly after Sam said that a few of the clouds in the South cleared away, showing them a little daylight, and they found a teeny little stream. Did Galadriel's power reach that far or is it a coincidence?
Old 02-18-2001, 01:54 AM   #2
Spock1

Re: Did Galadrial do it?

Considering her power and her love for Sam and Frodo, I'd say they tapped into her power.
Of course it could have just been a cool weather front coming down from Canada :rollin: g
Old 02-18-2001, 05:17 PM   #3
galadriel1

Re: Did Galadriel do it?

Well, of course I did it!!! Do you doubt my powers? Hey Spock, long time no see! How are you? Good to see you posting again.
Old 02-18-2001, 05:51 PM   #4
Morkhon

You know I think this is one of those points in the Lord of the Rings where we really don't know and what is important is what you think happened.
Old 02-19-2001, 01:35 AM   #5
Spock1

What might be important is that her name is spelt
Galadriel. That would be a good place to start with important things.
Old 02-19-2001, 01:59 AM   #6
Grand Admiral Reese

Well, she was the one of the most powerful female Noldor, as well as bearing a Ring of Power. She might be able to affect the weather a little.
Old 02-19-2001, 06:49 AM   #7
Inoldonil

If she created the stream it would be incredible (literally). It was on the maps beforehand, and the Orcs would have been shocked to find that there if it wasn't already. We know the Orcs knew about it because two Orcs hunting for the hobbits journeyed across it (an Uruk and a "snuffler") Also, she is not powerful enough to create new geographic features in the landscapes in a short while, especially not outside the realm of her power where her Ring was concentrated, which was Lothlorien. And Mordor is under the overwhelming powerful dominion of Sauron.

But Galadriel is known to have artistic skills in the weather. There's proof of that. But I have always thought it was the powers of the Valar prevailing atlast, Manwe and Ulmo winning the aerial battle. Morkhon's right, we just don't know.
Old 03-10-2001, 06:12 AM   #8
Elenanna

I don't think she created it so much as she more guided them to it. She could have influenced the weather though, since she had the ring and was very old and powerful. Of course it could just be coincidence but i doubt it :rollin: