Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-23-2004, 09:32 AM   #21
Beruthiel's cat
mystical divinity of Unashamed Felinity

Location: New York's beautiful North Coast -- we're all mad here!!!
Toronto is a great city to visit. There are endless cool things to do while you are there: The Ontairo Science Centre is a fantastic, hands-on museum and the Toronto Zoo is one of the best zoos in the world. The exhibits are designed so that people can get a very close look at the animals. (I loved the meerkat exhibit, the penguins and the rhinos -- and the big cats, of course -- got to listen to the keeper lecture on cheetahs with a lovely cheetah helping her out...). I recommend both places highly if you visit.

Chinatown should not be missed. It is a wonderful amalgam of eastern and western cultures. We went into an herbalists shop, a grocery store and a very authentic Chinese restaurant (the menus are in Chinese first, then English, and they are posted on the walls...).

The shopping is wonderful, too. Eaton Centre is not to be missed, but there are a couple of record stores and bookstores that should make your list of places to shop as well. And even though it's off the beaten path, Honest Ed's Discount House is worth a trip if you like trashy souveniers and dollar-store trinkets on a grand scale...

I really love traveling to Ontario and go there fairly often, although it is usually to take a shortcut from New York to Michigan (where a lot of my family lives).

"Never try to out-stubborn a cat!" -- R. Heinlein

~~~~~~~~~

"But I don't want to be among mad people, " Alice remarked.
"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat; "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~~ Lewis Carroll

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...
Beruthiel's cat is offline   Reply With Quote