Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-28-2003, 01:35 AM   #21
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Kelana rode on her horse, Geldar, through the countryside of Rohan, enjoying to be out and about instead cooped up in a house cooking. She turned looking at her home, Edoras. Smiling she turned back and rode back to her home knowing her brother would be wondering where she was. As she neared Edoras, something caught her eye. A beacon was lit. Urging Geldar to go faster, she rode into Edoras to tell the king if he had not already seen it.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 07:58 AM   #22
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Celebrinth Elentavari
Nope, I'm still here, just wondering what to write about that could measure up (standing on tippy-toes, of course) to Eärloth's writing. Wow, both of y'all are such good writers.
Thanks, Kel. A craftsman is always pleased to know that his work is appreciated. So, next time you see young Master Turner…

ic: Hênië was allotted a small room in the hull of the ship to share with the twins: to prevent seasickness it was equipped with three hammocks in the stead of beds – the two princesses had already taken two that had been arranged one hanging over the other as a bunk should; Hênië was left with one in the corner near the door of the cell. There was a circular full-length mirror on the right hand wall and a set of drawers beneath an egg-shaped window opposite the door; in the far right-hand corner there was another door leading to a bathroom. The walls were painted with intricate designs of clear water and to the left of the mahogany door was painted the Markirya hymn underneath the portrait of a crudely drawn swan-shaped boat.

Hênië was pinning her hair back with a seastar buckle when she heard someone pace the hall and stand outside the door; she heard gentle breathing outside the door for several minutes before there was a soft tapping upon the wood; Brandálpa and Belcálata rushed to answer it.

"Málaglada," Brandálpa said, giggling nervously. "Would you like to come in? Could I do anything for you?"

"Have you any idea as to where Telep'lambë might be?" asked Belcálata, gazing at Málaglada over her sister's shoulder.

"He is at the helm at present, My Lady," Málaglada replied awkwardly. "And…I just came here to give these to Aiarél." He slipped past a rather disappointed-looking Brandálpa and appraoched Hênië.

"Hello," said Hênië evenly.

"I just came by to give you these;" he handed her a bundle of tightly wrapped blue blankets. "I did not notice any…supplies, as it were, upon your boarding of Gaiarengole."

"Gaiarengole?"

"'Tis the name of the ship."

"Oh yes, of course…and, thankyou, I actually hadn't brought anything with me." Hênië smiled warmly – internally, however, she suddenly began to feel extremely uncomfortable.

"Why not?" Málaglada asked, tilting his head to one side and sitting down on the hammock with Hênië.

"I was rushed – excessively," replied Hênië simply; she fidgeted uncomfortably. Málaglada nodded and Hênië partially relaxed.

"Well in any case," said Málaglada, standing up. "Telepë is looking forward to getting to know you better, as am I – you now have bedclothes, and we have enough victuals to last the journey, should we ration them…" Hênië felt a guilty pang as she recalled the counsel of Manwë in the Ring of Doom; her fingers closed tightly around the seashell at her throat. Take thou this, and swift winds and fair waters accompany whatever ship bear thee. The words of Ulmo echoed in her mind; she should not identify with these Elves – she would not allow herself to; Málaglada could not elude or defile her will. Hênië thought this remorsefully, but smiled and bid Málaglada farewell politely when he departed.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 03-03-2004 at 04:42 AM.
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 04:13 PM   #23
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

aww Kelly, thats sweet. Its my birthday! HUZZAH! I got the atlas of middle-earth, pretty nifty!

Soon the council was decided, Eowyn would ride along with Faramir to Edoras to muster the rohirim. They were to leave at dawn. Eowyn was happy to ride to her home country, and to have another adventure. She had been cooped up in Ithiien for some time, and though she loved her life, a little variety was needed.

pretty useless eh?

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:00 AM   #24
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Hooray for Pip!...if you're not just being rhetorical, and it actually is your birthday. What's the Atlas of Middle-earth like ? I got...something like that for Christmas, it's a book with 4 maps of Middle-earth, Beleriand, Númenor and the area of Bilbo's journey...well this has proved to be a virtual waste of rpg space...meh I'll just type something simple out

ummmmm

ic: Hênië headbutted the wall

ooc: huzzah !

ps, um, did people see the hyperlink on the Markirya hymn section of my last post ?

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 12-29-2003 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:03 PM   #25
Aewionen
Elf Lord

As Kela entered Edoras, she saw that the King had already seen the beacon. Many men were preparing to ride, including her brother Rhiddyn. "Rhiddyn!" she called as she approached him, "Have you heard any news on why the beacon may be lit?" Rhiddyn turned to face her and shook his head, "No, I have not. It must be more than a band of orcs, though many have not been seen for a while." Kela nodded as she dismounted Geldar, "When will you take your leave?" she asked him. Again, Rhiddyn shrugged, "I do not know. King Eomer suspects a messenger will come with news, most likely Lady Eowyn." Kela smiled, she had heard many things about Lady Eowyn. It was her that inspired Kelana to learn swordplay and archery. "Perhaps I will be able to meet her..." she said quietly to herself.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 04:54 PM   #26
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
*gives Pip the teary puppy eyes* How come I never saw this thread? *sniffles* You didn't even bother telling me you had a new one... Oh well, I'll read it whilst you all do whatever it is that you do! *finds a nice comfy spot, tosses her beanbag down and watches* Let me know if I can help!

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 12:26 AM   #27
Celebrinth Elentavari
Sapling

Revive the Thread!! Ahh!!

OOC - *gasp!* This is not very spiffy! The thread is dying, slowly....fading away into nothing....dead.....Sorry, I'm getting carried away! Just one of those nights! Anyhoo, I'm here to state that I hope the thread doesn't just go *foof* and die for good and also that I have nothing to write.

Sorreh, I'm babbling! *wanders off to safe distance from everyone else*
Two deaf policemen heard the noise;
they came and shot the two dead boys <br>
And if you think my tale is tall,
just ask the blind man,
for he saw it all.<br>
<br>
<marquee>hehe, I love that poem</marquee>
Celebrinth Elentavari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 05:39 PM   #28
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Gollum

I'll join too.
My character is the descendant of the one I was in the rpg The Downfall Of Numenor, and also an inventor. I live in a large house near Osgiliath, with a pet elaphant (with a fighting tower too!). Name: Mycroft Baskerville (yes, I know I'm not creative with names). My "oliphaunt" is named Maren (after my dog).
Anyway, my story starts as follows:
The old inventor (my old friend eho also helps me inventor) hammered the last few nails into his new paddleboat, he hoped would run on the machine he made. Suddenly, the door crashed open, and an old friend, and rival, Mycroft Baskerville staggered into the room. He was surprised to see his friend at so late an hour, and so fatigued, wild, and crazed. Then Mycroft, with black all over his close and face began bellowing "It worked! It worked! Don't run your boat with the old powder (a new type of gun powder Mycroft's anscestor found and tried to find a use for), it will be destroyed! Help me with...." He fell on the floor and lay in a swoon for about an hour.
Suddenly, Mycroft just jolted up again and finished the sentence he had begun over an hour ago "...improving this tube-thing I invented, the one I told you about, that shoots large chunks of rock and metal out of the front. It WILL help in the war tht just bigan in the..." he broke off and then began snoring as his head drooped.

Last edited by trolls' bane : 02-28-2004 at 05:47 PM.
trolls' bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 08:22 PM   #29
trolls' bane

Gollum

Mycroft woke up about eleven hours later. He tried to remember where he was and how he got there. Then he remembered that he went to visit his friend, Frank. He got up off the extra bed that Frank kept in one of his guest rooms, and walked into the kitchen. Frank had already finished making food, whether it was breakfast or lunch, he knew not. He stumbled in and fell into a chair and muttered "w-water," and then dropped back into sleep. He hadn't slept for over four days strait, and hadn't eaten in three. He woke up again, drank his water, and began to tell Frank about his invention.
"Tis a long metal tube, atop a base with or without wheels. It shoots clumps of metal or rock melted into a ball. Uses the ole Baskerville uh black...stuff." he said. "Wonder what I'll call it?"
"Need any help with it?" Frank asked.
"That's why I came here."
"May I see it?" Frank asked.
"You'll have to drop by my house to see it. After we improve it a bit I want to show the King," he replied "may very well like it. The ones with the solid base can be put on boats."
Old 02-28-2004, 08:27 PM   #30
trolls' bane

Gollum

Come on. Am I to do this RPG all by myself? I bet I could, but it would be hard to make up so many characters...no I tke it back, I would not be able to do this RPG by myself.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:36 AM   #31
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

ic; Hênië, at the call of the dinner bell, cast her cloak lightly about her and strode out of her room to meet Málaglada, Telep'lambë, Brandálpa and Belcálata upon the deck. The wind was soft, but cold, and the ship was sailing rapidly; Málaglada and Telep'lambë, however, saw no need to manage its direction, and had abandoned the helm to the comfort of the table laden at the rear of the ship. In the early evening the sunlight was warm upon the deck and plenty compensated for the chill of the wind.

There was a mobile table laden with bread, dried meats, fish and fruit; there was wine, and water, and small wafers of lembas the Noldorin twins had supplied, given to them by their mother; overall it was a satisfying meal for such limited rations as they had aboard Gaiarengole, and conversation was deep and went on into a deep blue night.

Telep'lambë or Málaglada had each in turn been reporting to the helm for minutes at a time, but now had not done so for over half an hour. Telep'lambë stood and checked their position, and after a few moments he called Málaglada to him.

"It is strange," they said upon return.

"What is so strange?" asked Hênië.

"We have travelled far, further than could be anticipated," they replied. "If we sustain the same speed tomorrow, we are likely to reach Middle-earth by tomorrow noon."

ooc; basically useless, i realise, but alright as a prediction meeting, i guess;

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 03-03-2004 at 06:59 AM.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:15 PM   #32
trolls' bane

Re: Revive the Thread!! Ahh!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Celebrinth Elentavari
OOC - *gasp!* This is not very spiffy! The thread is dying, slowly....fading away into nothing....dead.....Sorry, I'm getting carried away! Just one of those nights! Anyhoo, I'm here to state that I hope the thread doesn't just go *foof* and die for good and also that I have nothing to write.

Sorreh, I'm babbling! *wanders off to safe distance from everyone else*
If you ever thought that this RPG was dying, wait 'till you see one of mine....
By the way, what does ic and ooc stand for.

On the way to the lab, Mycroft explained that one of his ancestors had originally built the "tube." He was just trying to rebuild, fix, and improve the design as well. So far, it worked with out any problems, but Sherlock added that the reason he hadn't slept or eaten in so long was because he was adding to his pwn design to make it better.
"I have been designing a very long and large one," he said. "If my plans work out, it will be able to shoot any large objects from a distance. The Elves have set up messagers who will go back and forth between Valinor and Middle-Earth until the Valar themselves come, if it should come to that. I will tell them to have all Elves that they meet in Valinor, or going to and from Valinor, to light a torch and put it in the crows' nest."
"Sounds like a big project," Frank said.
"Yes, yes it..." he sighed. "Middle-Earth sure has a lot of problems, one after another. After this is all over, I want to search for my island."
"Island?" Frank asked.
"Yes, the island my ancestor made all of his discoveries on, during the time of the Akallabeth. Ten ships it was that reached Middle-Earth. Ten ships and a boat. The boat was my ancestor's boat. It only carried five: my ancestor, Sherlock Baskerville, his neice, Nariel, a Numenorean boy named Fingolfin, a relative of yours, and his cat, Beleg."

Last edited by trolls' bane : 03-16-2004 at 06:32 PM.
trolls' bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 07:05 PM   #33
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

'ic' is 'in character' and ooc is 'out of character', as far as i can tell

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me