FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 06:59 AM   #941
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
Hey Fat Middle, I don't understand something. Can I either vote or PM you, subject to punishment if I do both? And maybe Tessar would know better, but is the poll supposed to say "What would you do if you saw some one with a 'Bored of the Rings' book?"? What I'm I supposed to be voting for again?

It seems that when I edited the poll it didn't take the change of question though I remember typing it. Anyway, it's fixed now.

You can vote in the debate polls and PM with your vote to the official ballot box. The polls are just like an index of popularity but they're not trustable enough (like in "real" life debates). Besides, you can think that one candidate is the best in one debate but you want you give your final vote to another one.

What you cannot do is to PM vote with different iddentities. Breaking the one vote person rule is what is subject to punishment.

Rad, I forgot to answer your question about why Tessar, but that has already been answer by BoP and Eärniel: the moderator may have a personal favourite candidate, but he have to do his job with impartiallity.

Juast as in real life debates
Old 02-27-2004, 10:37 AM   #942
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
And the first thing he posts is a personal attack on me? And you condone this? Why?

I'm just asking him to keep his distance from me since I've stayed quite clear of him, like I said... even to the point where I've completely stayed out of The Sil forum. And, as you are already aware, The Sil is my favorite book. That's quite a sacrifice I made for harmony. I'm only asking that if he comes here to GM, that he refrains from personally attacking me.

EDIT: If he's going to be allowed to attack me all over the 'Moot.. then maybe I should leave.
Ruinel, don't be ridiculous...BTW, be careful what you say when Jonny's not around, he might get mad!

I still think you're cheating on me with him!!!!!

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 02-27-2004 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:05 AM   #943
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Hmmm... favouritism. Just want I want in a presidential campaign.
Or in a president.

SGH is aware of the history between Maedhros and myself. Which, really, I didn't do anything to him that was nearly that bad. It's just that he's a bit sensitive.

Some of you think that I'm blowing this out of proportion, but my only concern is that this doesn't go any further between Maedhros and myself. This could escalate if it's not handled. But as SGH said, we won't discuss it any further here on the board. If I'm going to get banned, it will be for flaming Maedhros so bad he craps charcoal for a month. If anyone wants to ask more about it, you can PM me, but let's not dirty up this thread with all that past history.

Last edited by Ruinel : 02-27-2004 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #944
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

maehedros is a him i thought you were a girl

oh and SGH are you still running
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:59 PM   #945
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410

oh and SGH are you still running
Yes gimli.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-27-2004, 02:20 PM   #946
Maedhros
The Tall

Quote:
But as SGH said, we won't discuss it any further here on the board. If I'm going to get banned, it will be for flaming Maedhros so bad he craps charcoal for a month.
Just what I thought: bellezas.
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:
A native or inhabitant of America.
A citizen of the United States.

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:16 PM   #947
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Maedhros, whatever went on between you and Ruinel, I have no idea, but you are behaving quite badly right now, and it is reflecting badly upon SGH. She might not want to call you up for whatever reasons (favouritism, I guess) but I have no qualms. It's not right to come into GMs and flame someone. It's not done in silms, and it's not done here. Now if you don't mind, I'll have your pants.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:20 PM   #948
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Maedhros, whatever went on between you and Ruinel, I have no idea, but you are behaving quite badly right now, and it is reflecting badly upon SGH. She might not want to call you up for whatever reasons (favouritism, I guess) but I have no qualms. It's not right to come into GMs and flame someone. It's not done in silms, and it's not done here. Now if you don't mind, I'll have your pants.
Well, that's just it. It has been done in the Sil, and I am not condoning his flaming Ruinel, but I will not condone an outburst over something that happened a year ago that was much worse. That is all I will say on the subject in this thread.

Everyone needs to get back on topic before the thread gets closed.

I suggest Maedhros and Ruinel, that you work out your differences off the board.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-27-2004, 03:31 PM   #949
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
I don't really see a point for a VP debate, since it isn't really that important.
But what if the President... er, uh... dies??

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 02-27-2004, 03:36 PM   #950
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Yer up to something naughty then, Valandil?
Old 02-27-2004, 03:37 PM   #951
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
But what if the President... er, uh... dies??

Yeah Hobbit! Don't forget I'm getting up in years.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-27-2004, 03:41 PM   #952
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Yer up to something naughty then, Valandil?
Not particularly... but this factor did cross my mind when thinking who to run with...

Uh... not to heap abuse on poor Ruinel, but she has been commonly known as first mate of the good ship Spamalot. Well... seems the captain has gone missing. And now she's running for Vice-President with Jonathan?? What might happen to him?

Just makes you wonder...

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 02-27-2004, 05:45 PM   #953
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
Don't sweat it. A lot of people thought so.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:47 PM   #954
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

That's enough! Get on topic.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-27-2004, 05:55 PM   #955
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

So how long will the campaigning be for? Has the electoral college set an official election date yet?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 02-27-2004, 05:56 PM   #956
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Maedhros
Just what I thought: bellezas.
I hope for your sake you aren't calling me a lesbian....... ....
Old 02-27-2004, 05:59 PM   #957
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Considering the course that this thread is taking, and I find it is no longer necessary to the election, I am closing it.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Closed Thread