Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-05-2001, 08:48 PM   #21
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

Quote:
If they waited to introduce Saruman when Tolkien physically did, we wouldn't see him until the middle of T2T
Sure we would. Gandalf's recount in the Council of Elrond could be represented visually, rather than showing him in chronological order (which spoils the mystery of Gandalf's absence).

So anyway we'll see Saruman in Orthanc before Caradhras in the movies, assuming this person in the interview is telling the truth and Saruman will be responsible for the snow on Caradhras.

One thing I may note that in terms of dialogue, this person in the interview is not always being 100% accurate, somewhat lazily. For instance, he quotes Aragorn as saying 'You're scared/frightened?' in Bree, but we know he says 'Are you scared/frightened', emphasis mine. So perhaps the dialogue is slightly less bad than it may seem from this interview.

I find it interesting at the end of question five he says 'see next answer for more'. What, did he interview himself? Is that an addition of your own Erewe, or are we supposed to believe this person knows what the next question is going to be and what he is going to answer?
Old 09-07-2001, 03:06 PM   #22
andustar
Elven Warrior

thanks!