Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-30-2004, 03:30 AM   #121
Beor
founder of the color blue

I am 6'0", the runt of my family (even my mom's taller)
Old 01-30-2004, 10:26 AM   #122
Salquënòrëwen
Elven Warrior

Everyone is so tall!

I'm only 5'3"...
Old 01-30-2004, 11:14 AM   #123
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Maybe everyone is so tall because this is 'Entmoot'!

I'm 5'-11" myself

(Here's hoping Afro-Elf doesn't start the 'What's your weight?' thread...)
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:39 AM   #124
Ruinel
Banned

I'm about this tall... *holds hand up at top-of-head level.

Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:47 AM   #125
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
yeah - that's why they were called the number brothers. There is Legolas#### too, but he isn't on that much.
we never made up number brothers though, i think that was made up in the mudwrestling thread
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 01:02 PM   #126
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Maybe everyone is so tall because this is 'Entmoot'!

I'm 5'-11" myself

(Here's hoping Afro-Elf doesn't start the 'What's your weight?' thread...)
Just another reason that proves I am the true High King My height shows my bloodline
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 01:04 PM   #127
Valandil

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Just another reason that proves I am the true High King My height shows my bloodline
Maybe you're taller now... but you'll be a head shorter when you meet my axe-man!
Old 01-30-2004, 01:12 PM   #128
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Maybe you're taller now... but you'll be a head shorter when you meet my axe-man!
So you admit you're really a dwarf? Can they reach that high?
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 01:18 PM   #129
Valandil

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
So you admit you're really a dwarf? Can they reach that high?
Coincidentally, my 'axe-man' IS a dwarf! If he can't reach up to somebody's neck, he simply lops off the knees first.

Uh... I wouldn't make any jokes about his height to his face... he's likely to make it slow and painful, rather than quick and painless!
Old 01-30-2004, 03:30 PM   #130
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

I'm 170 cm, and only 2 cm from my father. After that I would be the tallest in my family.. It's sad that I don't grow anymore! Just have to hope my dad gets smaller..

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 03:35 PM   #131
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerdanel
I'm 170 cm, and only 2 cm from my father. After that I would be the tallest in my family.. It's sad that I don't grow anymore! Just have to hope my dad gets smaller..
thats sorta like me. im something like 5"6 and my mam is just about 1cm smaller than me and she always says she's the tallest.... but she'll shrink soon
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 06:41 PM   #132
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

God, how I became an elf lord is beyond me. I must look like a 'hobbit' lord to all you tall people!!!

I stand very tall at 4'5"
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 06:49 PM   #133
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Well Anglorfin is 6' even, and by relation, I'm probably 6'1" by now. So that might be around 180 cm, but I'll unconciously slouch over while talking to anyone shorter though, so I often don't look it.

About Emplynx mentioned on the first or second page: 6'11" tall.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:55 PM   #134
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Really tall....
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote