Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-03-2001, 10:05 AM   #61
Shanamir Duntak

Re: EntmootCon Planning (LotR Movie Meeting)

Bah Gil... Me and Xivigg will be doing some 11h00 of train to go there. You sure can find a little time?

"It even seems some members of the group are crazy canadians. Worst even, rumor says they are from Quebec. Immigration departement advise to stay away from them, they could bring some diseases with them."
Old 08-03-2001, 11:34 AM   #62
gdl96

Why don't you take the train, Gil?
Old 08-03-2001, 12:22 PM   #63
webwizard333

DT: You and Ben are so subtle when it comes to advertising your site. First making posts telling people to vote for it, and God knows what you'll tell the newspapers .
Old 08-03-2001, 12:26 PM   #64
X Rogue

I think those of you who will be at EntmootCon should be wary of video cameras.
But seriously, I hope it's fun.
Old 08-03-2001, 02:27 PM   #65
Darth Tater

Subtlety is only necessary off the site, this is part of the site.
Old 08-05-2001, 02:32 PM   #66
Gilthalion

Don't know what my shipping schedule will be. We often have ships in at the end of the year, squeezing in. My job necessitates my presence (I don't work for the government!).

So, unfortunately, my vacations tend to be last minute events of short duration and little planning and do not involve airfare or long train rides!

It sounds like a lot of fun but the rest of us will have to enjoy it vicariously!
Old 08-13-2001, 11:16 PM   #67
gdl96
the greg the admin

Okay...a little issue with me with EntmootCon, but I can get around it...

It turns out that my parents made plans for us to go visit our cousins in North Carolina during that weekend even after I put EntmootCon on the calender to prevent this kind of thing. We leave on Christmas morning (we're Jewish, remember!) and come back Sunday, the last day of EntmootCon.

But my parents seem to realize how important this is and that I made my plans before them. They tried to get me a flight back on Friday by myself with their frequent flier miles, but were not successful, and they only way was for them to pay over $400. So my only other choice is to take the train.

It's a 13 hour train ride from Charlotte to Metropark here in New Jersey. I would leave at 7 something in the morning and arrive at around 9:30 at night. It's my only option, and I think I'll have to take it.

Shan, I'm also wondering what time you're probably get in from your 11 hour train ride and where. Maybe we could meet up and get picked up together or something.

I hope this all works out.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 11:32 PM   #68
Ben
Retired Ent

What a sacrifice! Hope that works out. I guess that rules out having your parents drive people around, but at least it frees up more beds at your house .

I guess we should start making more concrete plans about what exactly we will be doing... We could probably get a special group tour of the Edison Tower.

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 11:58 PM   #69
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

And the tower sure is exciting

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 09:34 AM   #70
Shanamir Duntak
Lord of Rain

Me and Xivigg would be at the train station around 8h45 pm... so we could easily wait until 9h30 pm, till you arrive
Old 08-14-2001, 04:40 PM   #71
gdl96
the greg the admin

That would be great.

My older sister may or may not be going to North Carolina, so it's possible she may be able to drive us around.

I'm also thinking I might use my tip money from camp to buy a portable DVD player for myself. I don't what I would do with myself for 13 hours.
Old 08-14-2001, 06:13 PM   #72
webwizard333
Elf Lord

What is the Edison Tower (I'm guessing a tower of some sort)? Just as a suggestion, maybe Darth Tater could do a special group poitrait, that is if it's ok with him.
webwizard333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 06:19 PM   #73
gdl96
the greg the admin

The Edison Tower is a big monument with a big lightbulb on top. It marks the spot where Edison's laboratories where he inveneted the light bulb were.

Not much to see though. I don't think you can actually go in the tower, and the museum next to it is really small.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:32 PM   #74
mRoWrY
Sapling

I think a tour of Menlo Mall would hold your interest longer than the Edison tower.

I think, therefore iMac.
iMac, therefore iAm.

~*mRoWrY*~
mRoWrY is offline   Reply With Quote