Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-06-2004, 05:07 PM   #21
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

well i hope we get to see saurons hands reach over middle earth as in the book.

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 11:41 PM   #22
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Either way I've heard they are going to add at least 65 minutes for the Extended Edition, so something big has to happen within that time period, lol...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 03:00 AM   #23
Isil Fallasion
Sapling

Didn't Peter Jackson say in an interview or Q & A something about the EE recently? I'm just wondering because someone I know said they heard that they weren't going to do such a big thing with the EE after all. I didn't really buy it, there is just too much left out for them not to even use them on the EE. Heck even if they just made them "Appentices" of some sort, I can't see them not including alot of stuff.

Anyway, I could have sworn there was a recent interview with Jackson saying something about nearly an hour of added material or something similar.
Isil Fallasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 03:12 AM   #24
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Even randomly assorted extra footage would be better than a shorter EE.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 04:23 AM   #25
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Think of all the things they have to fit into the EE to make us all happy:
the Houses of Healing
Eomer's grief over Theoden
the Mouth of Sauron
Aragorn looking in the Palantir (didn't I see a trailer in which Aragorn said something like: "he's gotten away with too much -- or for too long")
the restoration of the White Tree
The Scouring of the Shire would fit in nicely between their ride back into the Shire and the scene in the Green Dragon -- but it won't happen.
I know there's more.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 01:27 PM   #26
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I posted this in another thread a couple weeks ago about the EE:

Quote:
from thedigitalbits.com reporting on a story found on ain't it cool:

Ain't it Cool is also reporting a list of the scenes to be added back into the film for the extended DVD. These include Gandalf confronting Saruman at Isengard, Merry pledging allegiance to Theoden at Edoras, Aragorn using the Palantir to reveal himself to Sauron, the Witch King confronting Gandalf during the battle of Pelennor Fields, the Houses of Healing scene in which Faramir and Eowyn meet, Frodo and Sam joining a column of orcs on the way to Mt. Doom and the infamous 'Mouth of Sauron' scene at the Black Gates. Glimpses of a few of these appeared in trailers for the film. We've also heard that the drinking game at Edoras between Gimli and Legolas will be added back in, along with possibly more footage showing other characters going into the West at the end of the film. Peter Jackson has said that approximately 65 minutes of material was cut from the film for its theatrical release, so a good portion of that could find its way back into the extended cut. We'll post more when we hear it.

Stay tuned...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 02:54 PM   #27
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Quality in the hoose. i hope they add some out-takes of them screwing up their scenes on the dvd features this time. do u think they will?

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 05:09 PM   #28
matthew
Enting

not to burst anyones bubble, but my best guess is that some ratty tabloid made it up to increase its circulation.
oh well, id still love to see legolas eating nice juicy fisshhs

Flame me. Go ahead.

Matthew in 2028. One by one we're bringing them back.

Vote Nader.

Stop the hamster eaters!!!!

End global warming! Turn on the AC!!!

Gadzooks! Run!
matthew is offline   Reply With Quote