Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-12-2003, 01:20 PM   #1
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

I get to see RotK on the 15th!!!!!!!!!!

I won tickets to an advanced screening! It was this easy trivia contest where they had the same quesion in the paper for a week. I entered six ballots and won. So I get four tickets for the 15th. I post a full review on the 16th.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:23 PM   #2
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Re: I get to see RotK on the 15th!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
I won tickets to an advanced screening! It was this easy trivia contest where they had the same quesion in the paper for a week. I entered six ballots and won. So I get four tickets for the 15th. I post a full review on the 16th.
Congratulations.

All you need now are three friends to take with you. (If you have not decided yet.)

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:30 PM   #3
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

I'm taking my dad. I wish some of you guys lived nearby...oh well.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:47 PM   #4
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Super Congrats!! We had a thing like that here for the TT. Me and my best friends all entered but didnt get lucky.
Have fun!
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 11:15 PM   #5
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

hey FF you pay for my plane ticket and ill come with ya congrats on the tickets. im porbably gonna go see it next weekend
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 12:03 AM   #6
azalea
Long lost mooter

Congrats! I entered a drawing to see an advanced screening, but I didn't win.

Mooters: What I'll do is on the 15th, I'll make a thread where people can post their reviews, so you can do it there (FF'll be the first one, I assume). I'd like to make a SEPARATE thread for discussing in detail our specific complaints, which will give us a place to argue about the specific directorial decisions made without flooding the review thread with arguing (that is, unless no one has any complaints ). I think the TT review thread became too long for anyone to read because there was a lot of peripheral debate that went on there, and I'd like to avoid that this time around, esp. assuming we'll be having a lot of newbies coming on. This will allow them to read what we thought, which may in turn help us avoid repeating ourselves in later threads. Anyway, it's worth a try.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 12:32 AM   #7
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Oh, how fun for you, FF! Let us know what you think

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 12:50 AM   #8
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

my paper had a contest to see a screning in NZ, but you had to be 18 to enter . It would of been cool because all the actors were gonna be there

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 03:46 AM   #9
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul

Congrats FF - you get to the abomination before any of us.

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
Mooters: What I'll do is on the 15th, I'll make a thread where people can post their reviews, so you can do it there (FF'll be the first one, I assume). I'd like to make a SEPARATE thread for discussing in detail our specific complaints, which will give us a place to argue about the specific directorial decisions made without flooding the review thread with arguing (that is, unless no one has any complaints ). I think the TT review thread became too long for anyone to read because there was a lot of peripheral debate that went on there, and I'd like to avoid that this time around, esp. assuming we'll be having a lot of newbies coming on. This will allow them to read what we thought, which may in turn help us avoid repeating ourselves in later threads. Anyway, it's worth a try.
EEEEWWWW - I don't know azalea. I might find that a bit difficult. Now is there NO criticism of the movie allowed in the review thread - or is it just that I can't respond to people who claim that "Jackson is pure genius" and "These are truly masterpieces which have redefined movie making" That would be terrible. I'm not sure if I would be able to hold back.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 11:33 PM   #10
azalea
Long lost mooter

Oh, no! I didn't mean there'd be no criticisms (I of course expect that there will be many, from myself included), I meant that we should have a separate thread for debating about the different things that we've criticized. IOW, we could certainly respond in agreement or dissent about stuff in people's posts there, but our gripes would also have their very own thread where the discussion about them would take place, so the review thread wouldn't do what basically amounts to going off topic (ie, the thread is made for each mooter to post his personal review of the movie, and it would be off topic to then have a few people start posting there regarding, say, how they did or didn't like how the destruction of the ring was portrayed, an argument which could last for several pages). The other thread would alleviate that. That's my vision, anyway.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 02:16 PM   #11
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
i am going to see it tommrow night
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote