Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-09-2003, 06:17 AM   #101
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by jellyfishannah
You're right about that. It is queer. People really get carried away. It's disgusting. I hate to hear stupid, cheesy things like that. People don't realize that you should not take so much liberty with something so sacred. Too bad, though. Can't be helped....
unless its not sacred to you some of mansons best lyrics come from anti-god sentiment, We write our prayers on a little bomb, kiss it on the face and send it to God
Quote:
I think Christian music is of poor quality. I mean come on you don't exactly have to be a good songwriter to make Christian music. I mean Creed started off as a Christian band. That proves that you don't need any talent.
thankyou foolofatook, i agree entirely, hahahaha creed har har
Quote:
]Originally posted by Mercutio
It's never to late for Christianity! What, do you expect you'll always have the chance later?
hmmm i sure hope not, music to me is about free thinking, creativity, ability and to a certain extent rebellion and escape, Christian music is just another way to try and preach to the world...
hahahaha i cant wait to hear some Christian "Rock" disgusting...
Old 12-09-2003, 01:43 PM   #102
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

If music is a way to express yourself...thaen you have no right to insult Christian artists expressions of artistry and faith!
Old 12-09-2003, 04:56 PM   #103
gdl96
the greg the admin

There was a funny episode of King of the Hill on the other day where Bobby get's involved with a Christian rock group, kind of. There's a good line Hank had when he was arguing with Bobby's mentor.

Hank: You're not making Christianity better, you're making rock and roll worse!

Quote:
I think Christian music is of poor quality. I mean come on you don't exactly have to be a good songwriter to make Christian music. I mean Creed started off as a Christian band. That proves that you don't need any talent.
Very well said. hehehe
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 11:24 PM   #104
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
If music is a way to express yourself...then you have no right to insult Christian artists expressions of artistry and faith!
hmmm i do believe i said free thinking and in my opinion Christianity is not free thinking. Maybe i just dislike Christianity and maybe i think that the quality of the music is crap... ironic that i have no write to insult christian artists yet they have every right to insult Manson and his fans, i dont think i have started abusing Christian music fans yet have i?...
Old 12-10-2003, 11:40 PM   #105
jellyfishannah
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
unless its not sacred to you
I meant, of course, people who claim to be christian and still do not seem to have any respect for their own beliefs and makes it all into some weird show. Quite disgusting, I agree with you. This is getting sorta off the topic...
jellyfishannah is offline   Reply With Quote