Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 12:37 PM   #1
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Little Thigs I Appreciated in TTT: EE

1. Well, definitely the whole Grim/Saruman talking about the ring of Barahir...I love that ring!

2. Gandalfs little "Did he?...Good" and smirk when he was told Sam went with Frodo.

3. Pippin looking over his shoulder when he found the apple (great FotR reference)

4. The Huorns...'nuff said

5. The fact that they finally mentioned the north kingdom!!!!

6. They showed the Battle remnents at the Fords of Isen...theough still not explained

7. Boromir & Faramir's scene, they acted well opposite eachother...and Sean Bean is great!

8. Eowyn & Aragorn's discussion of his past escapades and age

9. Eowyn can't cook!

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 12-04-2003 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:50 PM   #2
Imric
Hobbit

I particularly enjoyed Eowyn's conversation with Aragorn in which they discuss his age. I thought that revealling that Aragorn had a prior association with King Theoden's family went a long way to eplaining why the king was willing to entrust an apparent stranger with a position of command during a desperate battle: I've often thought this point might have confused a casual viewer who hasn't read LOTR.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:51 PM   #3
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

I agree ( I added it to my list, I'd forgotten that part)

Welcome to entmoot mellon.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:08 PM   #4
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/show...&threadid=9587

'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 12-04-2003, 01:16 PM   #5
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Good point Dúnedain. These do seem to be much the same thread.

PADLOCK!!!

Psalm 107:31
Closed Thread