Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2000, 05:26 PM   #1
anduin

Jackpot!

Since the largest lottery jackpot was recently given away, I would like to know what everyone would do if they won that kind of money. Don't contemplate just winning say, a million dollars, or even 10 million dollars, but over 300 million dollars. Everyone has thought about what they would do if they won a huge jackpot, so tell us.

I myself would plan a sort of global scavenger hunt. I would leave ahead of time to a certain destination and would leave behind clues for my closest friends. They would then have to figure out the clues to find their plane tickets to the next destination and I would always be one step ahead of them. I would give them plenty of spending money at each destination along with their plane tickets. Finally we would all end up at the same place and party down together!!

Hey, I can't think of anyone that doesn't really need a good vacation and a little adventure.

Oh yeah, no bonus points given to those that would give the money to charity. (It's nice and all, but not very interesting. :P) We would all give some away......heck, I give money to charities now without having won the lottery. I want to know what extravagant things you would do.
Old 05-13-2000, 01:02 AM   #2
bmilder

Re: Jackpot!

Hmmmm....
Well, first I'd buy up a whole bunch of domain names, get some UBBs, and lots of expensive computer equipment and games. Maybe I'd even buy Photoshop .
Old 05-13-2000, 01:06 AM   #3
thrawn96

:lol:
I'd get all that computer stuff, too, but I'd also have to buy me dream car...a Dodge Viper. It'll only be $80 grand of my $350 million won, so I can use the rest for the computer.
Old 05-13-2000, 06:15 AM   #4
emilsson

First I would pay back the money I´ve loaned for studying. Then I would travel around the world to see all those historical places I´ve read about.

But above all I would try to find a medieval castle in Scotland or Ireland and buy it. I would then make sure that the castle has a huge librabry, so I would have to spend some money buying books as well. There are a lot of other things I´d do. The most important thing would be to make sure there´s a ghost that walks around and makes noises in the middle of the night.
Old 05-13-2000, 12:02 PM   #5
bmilder

Oh yeah, I'd also buy the rights for Lord of the Rings (although that would probably use up all the cash)
Old 05-13-2000, 02:27 PM   #6
Eruve

Great idea, Ben! Let's say we all win a big jackpot each! We could make our own LOTR movie and do it the way we want, 40 hours long and true to the last detail!
Old 05-13-2000, 04:03 PM   #7
Darth Tater

...and it would end in failure and tears

First you have to remember you don't get all the money, the IRS gets a pretty good share. I'd have to tithe ten percent to my church, but I'd probably spread it across a number of churches, not just give it to one. I'd make my movie, as well as traveling the world. I'd own a place like Skywalker Ranch and me and George Lucas would become best friends when I bought a huger percentage of ILM
Old 05-18-2000, 07:56 PM   #8
bmilder

My dad checked his numbers with the winning ones last week. Apparently a few matched, and he won a whopping $1. (He used that buck towards the purchase of more lottery tickets )
Old 05-18-2000, 08:25 PM   #9
thrawn96

:lol: