Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-08-2000, 09:24 PM   #21
anduin

Re: Polls

EU, if you find an image that you want to use, and need to store it somewhere, I would be glad to host it for you. I also have a geocities site, but I really only use it to store images. I totally know how you feel. I didn't know much of anything (and Ben will protest that I still don't--he wouldn't be wrong either ) before I came to this board. All of the things that you mentioned above were just as foreign to me as they are to you now. I feel your pain. One thing that makes it easier to learn these things is if you can talk to someone online (like thru ICQ/AIM)....they can basically walk you through things. But I know that you haven't much success with either ICQ or AIM. Anyhow, send me the image...my email: mcasto@bellsouth.net. It is most helpful it it is a .jpg and not created with any "windowsware", as I have a mac and they don't get along too well. Once I put the image up, I will send you the URL.
Old 07-08-2000, 10:28 PM   #22
bmilder

EU, you haven't tried AIM? As I said in the other thread, I really think you should try it, if you haven't already. We all hate AOL too and we use it (Because half the known world is owned by AOL, and the other half is owned by Microsoft )
Old 07-09-2000, 12:18 AM   #23
etherealunicorn

I don't mind trying it, but when I used AOL I had Yahoo Messenger, so never needed it and after we dropped AOL we had such a hard time getting rid of all their stuff in our computer that I have been scared to try it, for fear that it would come in and take over again. My only problem is that if it is a large download my dial-up may cut me off. For some reason we connect at a very slow speed and cannot seem to resolve it, or I would have already had ICQ, because I would like to try that.

I sure appreciate the offer anduin, but I cannot vouch for the things I would like to use, as they are just things that I downloaded from Animation Factory and such places. For all I know, it isn't legal for me to use them that way, although I would assume so, since they are for noncommercial private use(or so I understand). How do you use your geocities for hosting images? It is entirely possible that I misunderstood the terms of use when I read them. If that is so, I should probably try again to get a homepage, then. I just have a horror of god-knows-what evil consequences might fall on my ignorant head should I unknowingly violate the T O S I just wouldn't want to get you into any trouble that way because I didn't get something that I probably should have.

Anyway, thanks again for all the help and I will try to get all my ducks in a row and see what I can't work out here.

It does seem sometimes that it is the case that we live in an AOL/MS world
Old 07-09-2000, 12:40 AM   #24
bmilder

Oh, they put that in their TOS, but you don't really have to follow it. As long as you have an index.html with minimal content you should be fine. Unless you try to upload mp3's, but that's another story

And about the hosting... check your email in a second, I'll send you something.