Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-29-2000, 04:05 PM   #21
captain Tarpols

Re: amsterdam

hey anduin! i finished the hobbit a few weeks ago! and i think greg finished it too (it took him 3 years . well, he sorta cheating he started from where he left off!) anyway, i just finished the prolouge of the first LOTR book! yippee! i now i am reading the first chapter. have fun in holland.
Old 07-03-2000, 05:28 PM   #22
anduin

Congrats Tarps!!

Hullo everyone! We made it back safe and um, sound. A piece of advice, stay away from the space cakes....and if you can't, eat only half.

Let me say now that I hate plane travel....and I'll leave it at that.

Wow, what a fun city.....I can't believe the things that are legal there. We stayed in the Red Light District....not a bad area really, just extremely noisey. We walked down one little tiny side street, probably no wider than an average hallway. Every few yards or so, on both sides, there was a glass door with a woman standing in it. That was pretty shocking....lol, we thought we were taking a short cut.

You should see the ppl here ride their bikes! Many times I saw a woman with an infant in a bike seat up front, a toddler in a seat in the back, carrying bags in one hand and dialing her cell phone with the other, while the whole time she is peddling in and out of tram, car, bus, and pedesrtian traffic!!!!!

We watched a lot of football too. Mike and I both were cheering for Holland....especially after they stomped Yugoslavia. We just couldn't believe the outcome of the game against Italy. We really felt bad for the fans that day. We could hear large groups of them yell and boo from our hotel.....when they came close to scoring, you could really hear it outside......what a great experience that was.
Old 07-03-2000, 07:46 PM   #23
noldo

Cool.
Old 07-03-2000, 08:56 PM   #24
Darth Tater

I'm glad your alive and in somewhat good shape

Tristan, I don't need to bring up how long the bit of LOTR you've read took you, do I?
Old 07-04-2000, 04:01 AM   #25
galadriel1

Hey Anduin! Gabby here! Long time no type! Glad you had fun and enjoyed the city! I just faced my fear of flying for the very first time also. I went to San Francisco for a week. Another fun, beautiful, exciting city! I was nervous about flying, but once the plane took off and we were in the air, I loved it! At least this trip! It was nothing! The Rocky Mountains looked so cool from the air! All snow-capped! What an awesome sight! I`m assuming your flight wasn`t as nice? Sorry to hear that. I`m glad you enjoyed the city, though. So when do we get to see some pics?????? hehehehe Glad you made it back safely! Talk to you later. -G.
Old 07-04-2000, 10:29 AM   #26
anduin

Hey G--The flight was actually fine. It was made bearable by medication given to me by my doctor for anxiety. Without the stuff I am basically an embarrassment.......absolutely irrational. I will definitely post some pics....if any are appropriate. I would love to see the Rockies from aboard a plane, I bet they do look cool. So what did you do in San Fran?
Old 07-05-2000, 10:50 PM   #27
arynetrek

hey! you made it! i'm leaving for egypt in 2 days & so i also get to spend many hours on planes - usually i love flying but the prospect of spending many hours on crowded flights is not something i'm looking forward to. but i can't wait to get there!

glad you had a great time!

aryne *
Old 07-06-2000, 12:28 AM   #28
captain Tarpols

lotr update

lotr updat: i am in the middle of ch. 6!! YAAAAY!!!
Old 07-06-2000, 03:21 AM   #29
arynetrek

How'd you get to be an Elf?

i want to be one too!

don't get me wrong - beign an Ent is always good, but i'm more Elven than Entish.

aryne *
Old 07-06-2000, 12:16 PM   #30
anduin

Re: How'd you get to be an Elf?

Man, I would sit on a plane for two days to go to Egypt! That is just awesome.....have a great trip arynetrek!!
Old 07-06-2000, 02:59 PM   #31
bmilder

Arynetrek:

To become an Elven Warrior you just need 6 or 7 more posts!

But I guess if you've already left, you'll get them when you come back
Old 07-06-2000, 03:42 PM   #32
captain Tarpols

Re: Arynetrek:

LOL!
Old 07-10-2000, 11:49 PM   #33
Elanor

Yo, anduin!

Did you eat any eels? or Frites? They are the best. If you didn't, then forget it, you didn't experience Holland. Anyway, I'm glad you had fun and got back safely!
Old 07-11-2000, 12:55 AM   #34
anduin

Yes I did have some Frites...and I must say that they have the best Frites in the world! I couldn't believe how good they were. Didn't have any eel, but I did have some herring
Old 07-11-2000, 02:39 AM   #35
Darth Tater

Good eel is sooooo good! Bad eel, pass me a rubber band.