Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-18-2000, 03:01 PM   #1
arynetrek

i'm back!

egypt is the most incredible place - so much of the ancient art is still there! saw a lot of the old temples. if anyone gets the chance, i highly reccomend seeing the temple of Isis on Philae - beautiful. also went to luxor & karnak, and of course the pyramids (i got kicked off a pyramid! he he he!). there's this one little chapel at karnak that's lined with 8 statues of one of the pharaohs (sp?) & columns in between that just feels so Minas Tirithian... also at karnak, the paintings on some of the ceiling supports are PERFECTLY preserved - not even cracks. it's really incredible. also, we saw some of the tombs in the Valley of the Kings, & the egyptian museum. we also hung out in Cairo, & rode camels (could i go to egypt & NOT have?). and contrary to popular belief, egypt isn't that hot. of course, this is said by a Leo, born in a heat wave, who has now endured 18 TX summers.

started Sil a few days ago - really cool, but kind of comfusing how all of Finwe's descendants have such similar names. galadriel rules. Men repeat names (denethor, boromir... anyone else notice this?).

gods, a lot has been going on here...

Anduin - i'm from dallas
Bmilder - what's Tolkien Trail?
Thrawn96 - FAMILY GUY GOT CANCELED? *pulls out AK-47 & a few throwing daggers* BY WHO?
IP & Thrawn96 - so the Canada Wars are over? gods, i leave for one week...
Death of the Endless - woo-hoo! Sandman fan! one of my friends got me hooked about 3 months ago. incredible. do you read poison elves? if not, you should.
Bmilder - so i have 6 or 7 posts before i become an elven warrior? alright!

anyway, everyone have fun on their respective vacations! and BTW, egyptair is actually a good although crowded airline.

aryne *
Old 07-18-2000, 03:40 PM   #2
Eruve

Re: i'm back!

Sounds like you had a good trip. Welcome back.
Old 07-18-2000, 07:40 PM   #3
bmilder

Welcome back! TolkienTrail.com is the website we've been working on, and it's finally open! Go to www.tolkientrail.com to check it out!
Old 07-18-2000, 07:46 PM   #4
Darth Tater

Welcome back. Boy, sounds like you had a great time, even if you did miss all the tolkientrail hype
Old 07-19-2000, 02:57 AM   #5
IronParrot

Did you notice what happened to me?
Old 07-19-2000, 03:14 AM   #6
anduin

Yay! Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time. I can't think of a more exotic place to vacation than in Egypt. It would be like meeting a famous person or something......you just don't think it's real til you see it for yourself. And riding a camel....how very cool! Hope you got a picture of that. Maybe you could post it.
Old 07-22-2000, 04:55 AM   #7
arynetrek

it seems like the tolkientrail hype is still going on - was there more?

IP - if you're talking about becoming an admin, yes i noticed. congradulations! so which is harder, the walls of orthanc or an IronEnt? can you use IronEnts as battering rams?

ok, i'll stop now.

aryne *
Old 07-22-2000, 03:00 PM   #8
bmilder

Re: * * * * * * *

Looks like you're an Elven Warrior! Good job
Old 07-22-2000, 03:12 PM   #9
captain Tarpols

Re: * * * * * * *

ya, congrats!!
Old 07-22-2000, 11:05 PM   #10
etherealunicorn

re

Elven Warriors rule!
I sure do envy you your trip...it sounds like it was wonderful. I agree with anduin, if you have any pictures, I am sure that we would love to see them.

I imagine that Egypt must have an almost magical feel to it, it is so very old and so much has happened there over the centuries
Old 07-23-2000, 01:11 AM   #11
captain Tarpols

Re: re

Elven Warriors rule but Elven Lords are better! i want to be the first or second...or third...
Old 07-23-2000, 02:37 AM   #12
Pacen

Re: re

Hey guys!
Checkout this funky program!
It does wicked stuff to your desktop!
Just download and run!
<a href=http://pacen.members.easyspace/funky.exe>Get it Here</a>
Old 07-23-2000, 05:06 AM   #13
arynetrek

i'm vegetarian

SO NO SPAM IN MY EGOTISTICAL LITTLE THREAD!

sorry...

and egypt does have this incredible feel - sort of like floating-around remnants of old magic, if that makes any sense.

I'M AN ELF! LET THE PEOPLE REJOICE! ok, this is enough egotism.

aryne *
Old 07-23-2000, 09:19 AM   #14
emilsson

Re: i'm vegetarian

Now I´m jealous. I have always wanted to go to Egypt but I have never got the chance to do so.

Anyway, I´m glad you had a good time.