Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-08-2003, 12:05 AM   #21
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Plus it's a good way to flex the stomach muscles in case your oponent feels so inclined to hit you there.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:43 PM   #22
Anglorfin
Alasailon

In the books, by the time the Fellowship got to Amon Hen, Aragorn had the reforged Narsil (Anduril). So another reason he may have yelled "ELENDIL!" would be his joy that Elendil's sword was finally returning to battle.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 01:17 AM   #23
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Like Elf Girl said, the hobbits do have a battle cry in the book, but in the movie, I think that they just scream,"AHHH!!"(at least thats what they did in Moria).
well it doesnt seem like anyone else heard it but the Hobbits do use there battle cry in the movie... i cant remember if it was Merry or Pippin but when they jump on Boromir after he was teaching them how to use there swords one of them called "For the Shire"
Old 04-24-2003, 02:36 PM   #24
9FingeredFrodo
Sapling

Location: A hole somewhere in Middle-Earth, but during the day I'm in Ohio.
i get it.......... o wow.
9FingeredFrodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 03:49 PM   #25
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
well it doesnt seem like anyone else heard it but the Hobbits do use there battle cry in the movie... i cant remember if it was Merry or Pippin but when they jump on Boromir after he was teaching them how to use there swords one of them called "For the Shire"
Yes one of them did. And also in Moria Sam was always yelling "Frodo!" right before he'd smack an orc in the face with a frying pan. So I think it is the custom in ME to yell out what you're fighting for.

I'll also point out that was Millane's 666th post.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:57 PM   #26
SamwiseGamgeeOTS
Elven Warrior

Location: A quaint little hole which last time I checked was somewhere near Ohio, Middle-Earth.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
Yes one of them did. And also in Moria Sam was always yelling "Frodo!" right before he'd smack an orc in the face with a frying pan. So I think it is the custom in ME to yell out what you're fighting for.
But, I think, at that point he was looking for him... not screamin his name for a battle cry b/c they Also show Gandalf, Aragorn, Merry, and Pippin saying Frodo's name too if I'm not mistaken.