Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-31-2003, 01:53 AM   #41
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Nice!

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 04:08 AM   #42
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

Very interesting, Falagar. To nitpick, though, you've left out the highlights, so it's hard to discern from his hair and the black background.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:15 AM   #43
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Perhaps I should paint flames in the background instead....
Old 03-31-2003, 05:22 AM   #44
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Falagar
Happy now? I colored his hair!
http://link.freepichosting.com/image.cgi/29888/0.jpg
LOL! You beat me to it, haha. I was thinking about that the other day, lol
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 11:22 AM   #45
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Too bad he still has swords for ears.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 03:22 PM   #46
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

I've now also shortend his ears...hang on a sec.

Edit: one of the ears is a little bit shorter than the other
http://link.freepichosting.com/image.cgi/30186/0.jpg

Last edited by Falagar : 03-31-2003 at 03:26 PM.
Falagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 03:30 PM   #47
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Too bad he still has swords for ears.
Now he has daggers for ears

Still, better than I could do.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Old 03-31-2003, 05:15 PM   #48
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I think Batman is standing behind him
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 04-01-2003, 08:19 PM   #49
Ruinel
Banned

hahahahahahahaha.... OMI.... that is too funny. .... hahahahaah....can't .... type....hahhahahaaha... nevermind. ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahahahhaahah aha
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 12:07 AM   #50
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
How so? Warcraft is based off of Tolkien's works....
LoL Blizzard is probably the most unoriginal game maker I've ever seen. That is not to say I don't like their games, but man I could go on for hours listing plot rehashes or names that they borrowed.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 03:20 AM   #51
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Anglorfin
LoL Blizzard is probably the most unoriginal game maker I've ever seen. That is not to say I don't like their games, but man I could go on for hours listing plot rehashes or names that they borrowed.
But their games are still fun

--Linaewen
Old 04-18-2003, 09:45 PM   #52
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/show...&threadid=8165

This is a picture of my character, but if he was fairer in complexion he might pass for Fingolfin in his rage.

'Dern Helm"

Old 04-19-2003, 12:32 AM   #53
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Another of Fingolfin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (9.1 KB, 27 views)

'Dern Helm"

Old 04-19-2003, 06:08 PM   #54
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf
Another of Fingolfin
Ooohh, the second one is hhhhhot. Don't much care for the green dreds on the first one, though. I've never much cared for dreds. (especially on white boys. What are they thinking?)
Old 04-19-2003, 06:20 PM   #55
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I saw this woman once with dreads. They looked amazing... She'd bleached them all white-blonde (and she had really fair skin), and had them piled on top of her head. Wow. Anyway, much agreed, second pic is definately sexy.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:15 PM   #56
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
Ooohh, the second one is hhhhhot. Don't much care for the green dreds on the first one, though. I've never much cared for dreds. (especially on white boys. What are they thinking?)

It SHOULD be dark hair and flowing locks, but that is the best I could find

'Dern Helm"

Old 04-20-2003, 11:07 PM   #57
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf
It SHOULD be dark hair and flowing locks, but that is the best I could find
Dark hair would be better. Too bad there aren't many dark skinned elf pics. *sad* keep looking, maybe you'll come across a really good one.