Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-07-2003, 02:10 PM   #421
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

I think it will be a new thread, though Lief is the one in charge. And yeah, Aasinav has been bad from the beginning, simply using the party to get access to the Hytorax. ~grin~
Old 04-08-2003, 07:45 AM   #422
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Ooh, nice twist! It came completely unexpected. Poor Imarwyn isn't going to know anymore WHO to trust after this one.

For the record: I'm still in.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:45 PM   #423
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Quote:
Originally posted by Mathron
I think it will be a new thread, though Lief is the one in charge. And yeah, Aasinav has been bad from the beginning, simply using the party to get access to the Hytorax. ~grin~
I guess he was using Gil too huh?
Oh well, so what now????
Old 04-09-2003, 01:08 AM   #424
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I'll send the first post to start a new Hytorax Part 2 document. I've already posted its discussion thread, and we can continue the discussion there.

Glad you're still in, Eärniel .

Yes, Sicirus, Aasinav, Dagankor and the Shadowhand were using Gil and the whole company. It was their plan from the beginning, and their reason for letting Hruad's rebellion take wing: Rather than risking their own to get the Hytorax, they risked their enemies. It's true that Aasinav was at risk also, but there was less risk there to them than there would have been in sending in their own warriors.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 04-09-2003 at 01:09 AM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 01:14 AM   #425
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Ooh, nice twist! It came completely unexpected. Poor Imarwyn isn't going to know anymore WHO to trust after this one.
At least Imarwyn wasn't in there among the company from the start. It'll be a nasty shock to Glimdrell, Gil and the other company members, but Imarwyn wasn't really one of them. Elise wasn't too much surprised though. That was rather interesting to me how Tessar actually posted making her briefly suspect Aasinav of treachery, as they approached the citadel. As having a traitor in our group is a totally new thing, basically, I didn't expect anyone to lay a finger on it. Elise probably will have her trusting damaged more through this.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tessar
She was tired, perhaps she was being too cynical, but this sorcerer was extremely powerful. It would take both her and Aasinav's full strength to repel him, and that was assuming that Aasinav was not in league with the sorcerer. There, she was being far too cynical now. She would simply have to trust him.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 04-09-2003 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:13 PM   #426
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Well, remember that Aasinav had his subtle attempt to undermine the groups power by portraying Elise as a coward when she wanted to wait to rescue people from the Barrow-wights. I can certainly see Tessar picking up on that - or at least it being a good reason for Elise to suspect Aasinav.
But yeah, I was definitely impressed by that too.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:49 PM   #427
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Yeh, agreed. When Tessar wrote that about Elise not trusting Aasinav I thought 2 ways. Eather Tessar, Mathron and Lief had discussed the topic, telling that Elise would find out of Aasinavs betrayal and stop him, and that Tessar just wrote a very lame post, telling it too openly for my opinion.

Or

This that seems to have occured. True aware you are of you surroundings Tessar/Elise Truly aware!

- Glimdrell Silvershadow
Old 04-09-2003, 06:32 PM   #428
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I must be really dense then because when I read Tessar's post I thought 'Huh, that's odd, why would he write something like that?'
Old 04-09-2003, 07:06 PM   #429
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Good point Eärniel When you say so, that crossed my mind as well
Old 04-10-2003, 02:46 AM   #430
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

You know, one of the more interesting things about it is really that this has probably never been done before. I mean, anyway not in an RPG that I've done. I've never gone into cahoots with another player and asked them to play a traitor until now . It adds a little touch of realism, perhaps, and I quite enjoyed Mathron's writing of Aasinav.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mathron
Well, remember that Aasinav had his subtle attempt to undermine the groups power by portraying Elise as a coward when she wanted to wait to rescue people from the Barrow-wights. I can certainly see Tessar picking up on that - or at least it being a good reason for Elise to suspect Aasinav.
That attempt was a little too subtle for me, I'm afraid, though I might have noticed it if it were in a book. I just thought Aasinav was being bold, and as we talked about over PM, was trying to demonstrate his loyalty plainly to the company.